╌>

Who was the biggest celebity A-Hole you ever met, seen or interacted with.

Category:  Other

Via:  z  •  11 years ago  •  13 comments

Who was the biggest celebity A-Hole you ever met, seen or interacted with.

I met one today but that doesn't count. A few years back, during one summer, I somehow got in (at least for a night) with an up and coming rap star/actor named Chris Brown, somewhere in Kalifornia. In person, he's very charming...but once he gets close to fans or the media, he becomes an arrogant, obnoxious fool....depending on his level of intoxicity.

Don't ask.....

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    11 years ago

Me either... I've met a few people, but they were all nice to me.

My husband met Mick Jagger, and he was a lovely businessman. I've met a few, too. I guess the biggest creep I met was Mitch McConnell-- he wasn't ugly, just wasn't nice. He looked as if I were a bug to be stepped on. Smile.gif

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    11 years ago

No A-Holes for me either, just pretty nice guys during our brief encounters.

AconPax , the 2 that came to my mind, in answer to your question, are Fats Domino and Harry Chapin. My wife & I got to spend time with both after shows they did in Dallas. Both seemed friendly and easy to talk to.

The third guy would only be a semi celebrity, to those who spent time some time around plans or air bases back in the 70's or so. Back when this poster was a common fixture.

6802_discussions.jpg

I first saw it when I was a Marine stationed @ Cherry Point back in the early 70's.

Years later, late one rainy night in Dallas, I saw what looked to be an old man walking on the side of the road. I pulled over to offer him a ride, as was still common back then, and he got in.

His car had broken down a few miles back so, at his request, we drove to the nearest service station.

We shared a cup of coffee and talked, while waiting for his car to get towed to the place I had taken him too. As we talked he offered to show me what was inside the package he was carrying. Much to my surprise the old guy had pictures that he claimed to be of modeling work he had done in his past. I was really caught off guard when one of the pictures was that of the old man in the poster, I mean What are the Odds!

I hadnt recognized him with teeth. Smile.gif

He was a nice guy.

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Aeonpax    11 years ago

I've met more than a few people whom are "celebrities" but either I'm not into their music or politics, don't watch enough TV or see the right movies but I didn't have a hint who they were. Sort of awkward.

I have met authors and academics that are famous but in their own specialty.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

Your experience with David Crosby, Mickey, is a surprise to me. Many years ago Joni Mitchell and I were good friends, but she got involved for a while with that asshole, and they came to Toronto together. Joni brought him over to my house because she wanted to play some of her newest songs for me to see how I liked them. Crosby was miserable. It wasn't bad enough that he treated me like Mr. Nobody, but the way he treated Joni was disgusting. Although I love Joni, I couldn't wait for her to leave with that son of a bitch.

Second worst was Jodi Foster, who sat next to me through a whole meal and spent all her time talking to the movie director on the other side of her, but said nary a word to me. I tried to start conversations but got nothing but grunts or one-word responses from her.

Could the problem be me and not them? I don't think so, because there have been celebrities, even royalty, that I have met who were extremely gracious. Two of the nicest were Brits - Michael Caine and Princess Diana. I think the most gracious man I ever met was Sir Edmund Hillary.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    11 years ago

When Matt Damon was a young, up and coming actor, I remember a Detroit morning radio crew calling him unplanned on a number that was obtained through shady measures. By the sound of the voice, it was definitely him - but he was fucking pissed about being woken up by some unknown radio personalities. He went off big time on the air. He sounded like a total dick, but I guess I don't blame him that much. It was a risky move, and I wasactually embarrassed for the hosts.

GeeGee64
Freshman Silent
link   GeeGee64    11 years ago

I work for an aeronautical university just up the coast from the Kennedy Space Center so I've met many many astronauts -- from the oldies like Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong, to the newbies (who are alumni of our university) Nicole Stott and Alvin Drew. Story Musgrave is the Commencement speaker at our graduation this coming Saturday and I'm looking forward to meeting him.

Our campus is right next door to the Daytona International Speedway so we often use each others facilities for events. I have met several drivers to include Earnhardt Senior (RIP). I was actually at the race when he was killed. Just horrible. While I'm not an avid NASCAR fan, I do enjoy meeting the drivers who, for the most part, are not a-holes (except maybe Tony Stewart who is very arrogant).

I recently met Michael Durant, the captured pilot of the "Blackhawk Down" helicopter in Somalia who is also an alumnus, when he spoke at one of our conferences late last year -- what a lovely lovely man.

When George W. Bush was running for his first term as President, he made a stop in Daytona Beach and used our fieldhouse as a venue to speak -- I was a Republican at the time and absolutely thrilled to meet him. Now I shudder to think how gooey I got over shaking his hand.

Several years ago (before I was married), I had a great time with Prince Fahad from Saudi Arabia who was here to see one of his sons graduate. Man, could he drink! We partied for a week.

And back in high school, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting and playing with (I play the violin), Itzhak Perlman when he conducted for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. I was one of a few Illinois high school students chosen to attend a summer workshop with the CSO. Mr. Perlman is an amazing man and artist. He was so very patient and kind towards us youngsters. I learned so much under his tutelage. To this day, meeting Itzhak Perlman is one of the highlights of my life.

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
link   Jonathan P    11 years ago

Boarded an airplane about 25 years ago, and Dan Marino was sitting in first class. So as not to call too much attention, I softly greeted him with "Good morning, Dan. Having a great year." He replied, "Yeah, yeah, keep moving back to coach".

Douchebag of epic proportion.

GeeGee64
Freshman Silent
link   GeeGee64    11 years ago

Wow -- that's horrible. I never got the a-hole vibe with Senior at all the couple of times I met him. He was always very gracious and a bit "aw-shuckish." My husband was a big fan so I was able to get some autographed stuff for him.

It makes me feel terrible that the child got the brush-off. I'm glad the employee got the hat signed.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Your airplane story reminded me of a real douche bag I met one time - a murderer (notwithstanding his acquittal). A flight I took from Toronto to Miami made a stop in Buffalo. There, the seat next to me then became occupied by a guy carrying a bag with the initials "O.J." on it. I had no idea why the flight attendants were all gaga over him. He was really unfriendly, and I didn't realize who it was until well after that flight. I never watched American football those days.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

I've been involved with many things in my lifetime - and could make a much bigger list than you've seen. I was deeply involved with folk music in the 60s and 70s, and later became the President of a famous charity that raised funds for disabled and disadvantaged children.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    11 years ago

My best friend and I worked for the same Limo Company in D.C. He was sitting at the Private Aviation at Reagan National waiting for his clients-he was way early....and stranded there, her car had broken down, was Reba McEntire. My buddy volunteered to run her up to the Cap Center (it's a different name now, I think) and drop her off, so she wouldn't be rushed for her concert. He got back to the Private Aviation to pick up his clients, who flew in to see, you guessed it, the Reba concert. While they were out enjoying the concert form the audience, my budddy was backstage, compliments of Ms. Reba, all access pass and everything. Of couse, discretion is part of the business, so he never told his clients how he spent those boring hours while they were having fun.

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, was by far, the nicest 'Famous' person I ever met. Was chatting with her driver one day when she walked up, ready to go home. Very pleasant and down to earth.

Joe Theisman-serious asshole

The Washington Redskins Wives Club circa 1990-mostly nice, some scary as hell.

Art Williams (A.L. Williams Company/Primerica Financial Services)-super nice guy

While stationed/living in Southern Virginia, drove Alan Iverson, the day after he found out he'd been selected 'NBA Rookie of the Year' for a basketball gym shoes photo shoot (Rebok? Nike? Adidas? I don't recall). Very nice guy. His 'posse'? Not so much-seemed like a bunch of ticks sucking the blood from their host.

Michael Jackson-unknown quantity as his'security' would not let anyone near enough to speak to him

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    11 years ago

I've met more than a few people whom are "celebrities" but either I'm not into their music or politics, don't watch enough TV or see the right movies but I didn't have a hint who they were.

AeonPax your mention of not knowing who the celebrity was when you meet them reminded me of another one of my own. Strange that he didnt come to mind for my first post because, after our first meeting, we would meet several more times over the years.

One night back in the 80's my wife and I decided to try a steak house near us called The Railhead. We didnt know it before going but the restaurant also had a good sized club that booked some pretty good live acts.

After we enjoyed a nice meal, just for shits and giggles, we decided catch that nights club act. We were in for several surprises & serendipitous moments.

We knew nothing about who we would be seeing but the place was packed, so our hopes were high. The place was so crowded that 3 women came over and asked if we would share our table.. Sure, pull up a chair.

When the act took the stage we would quickly discover that it was a band with a twist. All the music they played was tight but the front guy was a comedian/lead singer/rhythm guitar player.

The music ranged from bluegrass to jazz, from joke songs to folk and the humor never stopped, half of which was totally add lived. We laughed till tears ran.

The first surprise of night was that the guy we were watching going crazy up on stage was the same quiet dinner who had sat in the booth next to our own earlier that night.

The second surprise came after the show when 3 of the band members walked over and started talking to the women we had shared our table with. Turned out that 2 were girlfriends and one was the bass players wife. That bit of serendipity got my wife and I an invitation to join everyone for their after show wind down and thats were we meet Kenny Bob Davis.

We enjoyed the night so much, the company of Kenny Bob and the rest of the group, that for the next several years we made it a point to catch them whenever they rolled through Dallas.

That first night we only knew Kenny Bob as the lead of the act we had so enjoyed but over time we would learn that he was also a character actor who had been in several movies, TV shows and commercials. If you ever saw Gremlins or ER then youve seen some of Kenny Bobs acting work. He was also popular with other local Dallas celebrities.

Over the years, through our visits with Kenny Bob and the band, we got to share a beer & conversation with many local Dallas Celebs such as Chip Moody, (one of the big three local TV anchormen of the day), and George McFarland better known by his acting name Spanky, (the heavy set kid in the Our Gang comedies of the 30's), to name just a couple.

I cant believe I forgot to mention ole Kenny Bob earlier and I owe you an apology AeonPax. I guess I've been meeting the wrong Celebs, not a A-Hole in the bunch.Smile.gif