╌>

Hotmail change

Category:  Other

Via:  tsula  •  11 years ago  •  17 comments

Hotmail change

Am I the only one having problems now with the supposed ugrade of Hotmail? In order for them to get more advertising into the site they list a whole bunch of advertisements down the right side of it and squeeze your messages into a middle third of the viewing screen. In a word this sucks.

They have changed the settings from 800X600 to 1024X768 which makes the print size much too small for us old vision deficient users almost impossible even after changing the size to the largest available!

Now I have to find a more user friendly site! Why the heck do these people always try to fix something that ain't broke, anyway? 112.gif 112.gif

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel    11 years ago

I use gmail to handle my hotmail accounts.

Tsula
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Tsula    11 years ago

Great! Thanks. I'll take a look at it. Surpringly, or not, I had reverted to my normal 800x600, so their new system showed that your response was here but gave me no way to read it. I had to go off line, change my settings to 1024x768 and when I came back the screen values had shrunk enough for me to be able to see your kind answer.

Thanks for taking the time! I appreciate it!

evilone
Professor Guide
link   evilone    11 years ago

I use MS Office 2010 Outlook to manage my Hotmailaccount.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

I use gmail tsula, and have had no problems with it.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    11 years ago

Dearest tsula-- I don't know if this will help or not. I change my viewing screen size all the time. Press and hold the Control button, and scroll back or forth with the wheel on your mouse. I'm constantly making things bigger!

I hope this helps--

MUCH love to you! Smile.gif

Aeonpax
Freshman Silent
link   Aeonpax    11 years ago

They still have Hotmail?

Tsula
Freshman Silent

Dowser Great trick. I'll remember that one and keep my screen set at the higher resolution. For a temporary fix and mostly so I can simply see what it is that I am saying. You're a peach and saved the old man yet again!

AeonPax , I guess it is mainly for those of us who are set in our ways! The only thing wrong with it is that they, whoever the heck THEY are this week, are constantly changing what works for what they feel is an improvement! Dumb. ain't it? Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    11 years ago

My dearest friend-- I understand completely what it is to not see well. More than you know!

My vision without my glasses is 20/400+. I can't even see the big E on the vision chart. I spend my life tilting my head to see out of the right part of my tri-focals, stepping into things that blend in with the floor, and knocking my elbows and knees on things that I just can't see the edge of... The only way I can make sure the floor is really clean is to get down on my hands and knees! Most irksome!

I love you, tsula. I'm so glad that you're my friend! Smile.gif

Tsula
Freshman Silent

My DEAR Dowser I am so sorry to hear that for having lived most of my life as a "vision impaired" person , thanks to my South Pacific adventures with snipers, I truly know the value of sight!Having lived most of my life also where friendships were rare, by necessity, having you as a friend is counted as one of my more precious gifts!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

I use gmail as well, but because google has had some differences of opinion with China, the government here has caused some problems with its useage. Yahoo seems to be okay.

Tsula
Freshman Silent

Thanks Buzz. I read some of the problems between Google and China and it came down to controls did it not?

Red Branch
Freshman Silent
link   Red Branch    11 years ago

I ended up with the Outlook e-mail a while ago, I used it for a couple weeks, didn't like it and switched back to hotmail.

My main complaint is that it always had suggestions for me on whom to send messages to and they just got in the way of the ones I actually wanted to enter.

I just did not like the appearance of the actual messages.

I dropped Google about a year ago right before they began their enhanced tracking of our activities. Any comments on that.

Red Branch
Freshman Silent
link   Red Branch    11 years ago

Thanks,

I am a relative rookie with computers, I'll need to look up a couple of terms.

Tsula
Freshman Silent

All I have to say about this Windows 8 64 bit is that it sucks! I spent the day trying to get my Skype up and running I think that I have now. The email thingy still eludes me and my family personal email that I run through Bright House is till missing. I sent them a long and sad tale of woe in the hopes that someone would look into it. I have started reconstructing all of our personal records programs but that will become the chore of the year. I have lost 11 years of detailed records with the exception of our Tax records which I had burned to a CD! Question: knowing that my hard drive finally deep sixed would anyone consider it worthwhile to attempt to recover what I had backed up on my stand alone hard drive? I sure as heck would not want to recover the data if there was any chance at all of infecting this new one. As luck would have it I decided to run a backup of this drive just 2 days before it met its end.

I have really missed all of you folks and must say that this is getting better since I found a way to get some of the old tool bars back.

tsula

Tsula
Freshman Silent

Wow, Charles B , great stuff. I sure will be looking at these sites. My stand alone is a 100Gb Maxtor and all I ever put on it was my normal backups and as I created the third one I deleted the first one sothat there were always 2 full backups there. I got lazy and allowed myself to only keep a single one. This new 64 bit windows 8 is driving me bonkers because Some of the programs are not compatible with the 64 bit windows. 27 different emails and I figured I was overburdened with 2. How the heck do you keep everything straight? Thanks so much for your advice! Oh, I almost forgot who ever developed this program didn't seem to have a failing eyesight situation because the setting that they have on this goomer makes the print so small that I get my infamous headaches. Just horrible!

Tsula
Freshman Silent

Charles B , you are a wealth of information, my friend, and I do appreciate it! My Maxtor is formatted as NTFS and all of the data in my normal Windows does not exceed 2Gb. The truth of the matter is that I would like in some way to recover only my historical records that I had created using Lotus 123 and the records from my Word. Do you have any ideas about reading and recovering portions of a backup when the disk with the recovery commands has been lost. I didn't lose the disk but it was a 3 1/2" which I no longer have access to with the new computer. Thanks for your interest here!!