╌>

New Changes at NewsTalkers

Category:  Other

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  12 years ago  •  14 comments

New Changes at NewsTalkers

Hi Everyone!

Two things I would like to go over.

If you have been paying attention, you will have noticed that I changed the layout of the front page. The main reason is that no one is noticing or using the groups. Each group shows the two most current articles in their forum. Please take the time to check them out. Also, if you are the owner of a group and you don't want it anymore, please let me know, as each group that I list slows the loading of the front page.

I installed a new chat function at the bottom of the page. It's not being used because I think that I have to explain some of the functions and how it is handy.

Some of you might have noticed that the site tweets from time to time. That happens when either someone has enter the main room or has requested a private chat. You can adjust thevolumeof the tweet with the cone shaped figure second from the right. Members on line, shows who is on line when you are on. If you click on a person's name, you will activate a private chat. You can have several of these going on at one time.

If you hit the Main Room box, you will see in the right hand corner two over lapping boxes. If you click on them, a much larger box appears and you can invite anyone into the Main Room. A red number will appear to everyone in the group in the Main Room box when there is a group chat going on and how many people are in there.

Chat can be very useful. If you feel that you need to work out a problem with a fellow member, I encourage to do that by chat and not in an article. You have the option of it being a private chat, or a public one. Also remember, you can haveconcurrentprivate chats, if you want to keep it out of the public eye.

It is also a great way to get me if there is any sort of problem. I leave my volume up so I can hear the tweets. I encourage all of you to do the same, so that you know when someone wants to get your attention.

Well, that's about it. I will answer any questions about this article or field any new ideas/problems that you have. We have several new members, that might have questions not pertaining to this article and that is OK, too!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Perrie Halpern R.A.    12 years ago

At the present moment, 10 is the max. I will bring this up to Ning. There might be some additional coding that I can get to expand it.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I wish that it worked that way!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

I'd like to make a suggestion about a change . If you can add another forum category , I would like to see one labeled "multiple categories" . When you publish something that covers more than one category that would be the way to go . For example , my latest article

covers several topics .

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

I guess it does, although I do see it as news. I don't mind adding it, but let's see how others weigh in.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    12 years ago

Thanks Perrie, job well done!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Thanks Larry.

Do you think the groups are better seen where I just moved them to. Also thing on right side of the page appear on every page, while things on the left, don't.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    12 years ago

Yeah I like it; for some reason I tend to look on the right side of many sites as it seems that's where a lot of categories are listed.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Good! Now let's hope that everyone looks to the right first! I'd love to get more activity in the groups.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert

Wait.. you did it again... another sales pitch... but the soft sell. DAMN! you're good!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    12 years ago

Not that good , just persistent ...