╌>

He WAS NOT BORN IN AMERICA!

Category:  Other

Via:  a-macarthur  •  9 years ago  •  18 comments

He WAS NOT BORN IN AMERICA!

Still, my Father-In-Law (now deceased), was a good guy.

NOTE: Let's see how many visits this "discussion" receives. I put up a photo article earlier today, but, in the absence of any vitriol, hardly anyone gives a shit.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    9 years ago

Let's find out what we're made of.

Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty
Freshman Silent
link   Broliver "TheSquirrel" Stagnasty    9 years ago

Like the headline. Nice uppercase, stridency of message...

Little weak on the content, though.

Sorry about your father in law, btw. If you say that he was a good man, then I believe it was a hard loss to take. Peace.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Thanks for the condolence, Broliver it's appreciated although he died years ago.

The headline is the content.

Consider this a "briar patch" of sorts.

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

A Nac

Just goes to show us, that it is not from where someone comes that is important, but rather what that person becomes that is important.

By the way belated condolences on your loss - the world can ill afford to lose good guys!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

My Father-In-Law and his mother escaped the Nazis in advance of their invasion of Poland. Several years ago my wife traveled to Lodz, Poland to see his place of birth and a number of locations where Jews were murdered.

The Nazi authorities soon established the d Ghetto in the city and populated it with more than 200,000 Jews from the d area. [8] As Jews were deported from Litzmannstadt for extermination, others were brought in. Several concentration camps and death camps arose in the city's vicinity for the non-Jewish inhabitants of the regions, among them the infamous Radogoszcz prison and several minor camps for the Romani people and for Polish children. Due to the value of the goods that the ghetto population produced for the German military and various civilian contractors, it was the last major ghetto to be liquidated, in August 1944.

While occupied, thousands of new ethnic German Volksdeutsche came to d from all across Europe, many of whom were repatriated from Russia during the time of Hitler's alliance with the Soviet Union before Operation "Barbarossa" . In January 1945, most of the German population fled the city for fear of the Red Army . The city also suffered tremendous losses due to the German policy of requisition of all factories and machines and transporting them to Germany. Thus, despite relatively small losses due to fighting and aerial bombardment , d was deprived of most of its infrastructure.

Prior to World War II, d's Jewish community numbered around 233,000 and accounted for one-third of the city's total population. The community was entirely wiped out in the Holocaust . By the end of the war, the city and its environs had lost approximately 420,000 of its pre-war inhabitants, including approximately 300,000 Polish Jews and 120,000 other Poles. [9]

The Soviet Red Army entered the city on 18 January 1945. According to Marshal Katukov , whose forces participated in the operation, the Germans retreated so suddenly that they had no time to evacuate or destroy any of the factories, as they had in other cities. [10] d subsequently became part of the People's Republic of Poland .

Much of my family is Jewish, Conservative and Reformed; early in my life, I however, for whatever reason(s), decided to reject organized religion and have since considered myself a "Spritualist/Citizen of the World".

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Thanks or the feedback

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

LOL!

:~)

Ya made me look! I thought for sure it was going to be some bird pictures, and the title was a play on a political thingy...

Good one A Mac!

Now for comparison purposes, these little ones were born in America...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

The title was intriguing and the story of the Jews in Lodz.

Thanks for this Mac.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Lodz!!!

Oh my, I'm so glad they escaped!

In the book, Ellie, "Ellikem" was forced to kneel on the sharp gravel of Auschwitz one day for getting caught visiting her mother in the 'hospital'. She watched the entire transport of the Jews from Lodz, and nearly lost her mind, as she knew they were all going to the gas...

I'm very sorry to learn of his death, even if years ago, and know that we never stop missing those we love. What a fortunate man he was to have survived, and to know you. I'm so very sorry for your wife's loss-- please tell her that she is in my prayers.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

What beautiful blue eggs, Larry!

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
link   FLYNAVY1    9 years ago

I guess I got to the party late AMac..... Sorry. No vitrol from me, I promise!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Robin the cradle Robin's eggs that is.

One Miscreant
Professor Silent
link   One Miscreant    9 years ago

"Spritualist/Citizen of the World".

Excellent choice.

Sorry, I missed the picture.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

There was no picture, OM. This was/is a test of response/reaction to a headline that I deemed "easily misinterpretable" on its face albeit completely true to the content. As of this comment, there have been 114 Views and 5 Likes and a bunch of comments.

This morning, I posted a pair of pretty good photographs; last I looked, 10 Views, 2 comments.

One Miscreant
Professor Silent

Missed them too. Will look for sure. I'm a anti-establishment no-like kind guy. Do like your pictures though.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Thanks OM,

Link

One Miscreant
Professor Silent

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly on Deptford Pink Flowers

Deptford. I've heard of Deptford on "Action News". Is that a local mention?