╌>

Hillary campaign needs a scapegoat; David Brock a leading candidate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  xxjefferson51  •  8 years ago  •  21 comments

Hillary campaign needs a scapegoat; David Brock a leading candidate
A new CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday found Clinton with a narrow one-point lead in Nevada, which hosts its caucuses on Saturday. That’s a huge change from the 23-point lead Clinton enjoyed in a late December poll by Gravis. (snip)

Team Clinton maintains confidence that its lead in South Carolina will hold, but the potential loss in Nevada has put people on edge about a possible “domino effect” in which states could fall one by one to Sanders as the Vermont Independent gains momentum.

“It’s hard to feel confident about South Carolina if you lose Nevada,” the former aide said.

It is a given that the fault cannot lie with Hillary herself. No staffer would dare suggest that there is anything at all wrong with her. The voters may be to blame (not “ready for its first female president”), but alas, they cannot be fired. So it is time to find a scapegoat.

Internally, both Bill and Hillary Clinton have voiced their displeasure with various aspects of the campaign, particularly on messaging and organizing, according to sources. Those involved with the campaign increasingly a reshuffling will take place, especially if Clinton suffers a loss in Nevada.

“The shit will hit the fan,” one longtime friend of the Clintons predicted. “No doubt about it.”

Who will play the role of the fan? Probably not Huma Abedin, she of the constant companionship and matching outfits.

No, the buzzards are circling David Brock, who went from leading Hillary attack dog critic to leading attack dog Hillary defender. A nasty piece of work in both roles, he has few friends. Jonathan Swan of The Hill is reading the smoke signals:

Key Democratic players are worried that Hillary Clinton’s super-PAC ally David Brock could be hurting her image and hampering her chances of winning the presidency.

In interviews over the past month, Clinton donors, fundraisers and operatives have told The Hill that the concerns about Brock’s comments, particularly some of his attacks on Bernie Sanders, stretch all the way to the top of Clinton’s political machinery.

A big part of the problem is that the criticisms Brock is making of Sanders could be turned against Hillary herself:

One Brock comment that drew backlash regarded his plans to raise questions about the 74-year-old Sanders’s health, seen by many as a low blow at the Senator’s age and one that left Clinton vulnerable given attempts by conservatives to portray her as being in fragile health.

After news reports emerged that Brock was going to raise the issue of Sanders not having released his health records, Clinton’s campaign chair John Podesta shot off an unusual tweet on Jan. 17 to Brock: “Chill out. We're fighting on who would make a better President, not on who has a better Physical Fitness Test.”

Brock backed off from running a public campaign to pressure the Vermont senator to release his health records, but even talk of it was enough to exasperate Guy Cecil, who runs Priorities USA Action, the main super-PAC supporting the former secretary of State’s campaign.

Then there is race. The very white Hillary can affect a black accent, but at bottom, she is a rich, haughty white woman.

Another comment of Brock’s that was seen as unhelpful in Clinton’s donor network was when he said in late January that “it seems black lives don't matter much to Bernie Sanders” because the Sanders campaign had used mostly white talent in a commercial.

And Brock has his own baggage. Media Matters, which he has headed, has been heavily funded by George Soros and other left-wing billionaires:

But some of Clinton’s major donors worry that Brock is giving the Sanders campaign an opening – which it gleefully took – to smear the candidate for her association to Brock and his super-PAC. This is a particular vulnerability given Sanders is running a populist campaign against Wall Street and the corrupt campaign finance system.

“[Clinton] should be ashamed of her association with Brock,” said Sanders’ campaign spokesman Michael Briggs.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/hillary_campaign_needs_a_scapegoat_david_brock_a_leading_candidate.html#ixzz40cxVxy4C
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51    8 years ago

There couldn't be a better man to be victim of Hillary scapegoating.  He deserves it so.  Media matters?  laughing dude The progressives need to scapegoat their minions when their message fails is entertaining.  Party

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
link   Sean Treacy    8 years ago

Brock is a loon. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Very poor messaging but I don't think it would have mattered how anyone would have responded because the answer has already been framed by the media and the other candidates.  She should have gotten ahead of this a while ago. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

What's the matter with the way the message is presented?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  XXJefferson51   8 years ago

XX:  Hi PJ - Happy Friday 

PJ:  Hey X - Happy Friday to you too.

XX: What's the matter with the way the message is presented?  

PJ:  Well, I don't think she should apologize for taking money for services (in this instance making a speech) she performed.  No one is squeaky clean and I find it troubling that there is always this spotlight on her but no one else.  I don't trust any of them so I think they all should be held accountable and I don't see that same scrutiny being placed on other candidates. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I find it troubling that there is always this spotlight on her but no one else.

NO ONE ELSE ! Are you wearing blinders ? I assume you are playing the gender card here ...

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

Petey Coober you take that back!  I am certainly NOT playing the gender card.  I honestly don't see other candidates being hounded about their questionable dealings as much as I see it with her.  I don't think it has anything to do with her gender but who she is.  And Nooooo.......I'm not wearing blinders.  :op

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I don't think it has anything to do with her gender but who she is.

And who is she exactly ?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

Uh.....Hilary Clinton, wife to Bill Clinton and Secretary of State in President Obama Administration. 

Who do you think she is aside from her gender?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I think she does not appreciate how important secrecy is when you hold high office . This should result is her being brought up on charges . But it likely won't because the fix is in from the current attorney general and from Obama  .

Do you want to hear more ?

PJ
Masters Quiet

Sure - I'm interested in your POV.  That's why I'm on NT - to get other opinions and sometimes I actually learn things.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Will Hillary Clinton be prosecuted for illegal activity?

PJ
Masters Quiet

Wow - I didn't realize that she had been found guilty.  When are they hauling her to jail?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I assume that is an example of sarcasm from you . She is still under investigation by the FBI . Until that is resolved this issue will hang over her head .

PJ
Masters Quiet

smiles with kisses.jpg

I know she's under investigation still but I gotta be honest here Petey, they've been investigating her for so long and for anything for the purpose of smearing her that any seriousness an investigation should hold is viewed more as a tool for political posturing and it's simply laughable. 

It's been abused and over used. 

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Who is "they" ?

PJ
Masters Quiet

Well - "they" = Republican leaders and politicians of late.  I'm not trying to skip out on our conversation but I think I need to call it a night, Petey.  I'm feeling a bit under the weather.  Can you fuss at me tomorrow.

sick-emoticon-with-thermometre.jpg

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Why don't you respond again when you're feeling better ...

PJ
Masters Quiet

Yes, until tomorrow.  I know you'll hold me to it.  Night

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Maybe this will help you feel a bit better :

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Petey Coober   8 years ago

She's one who is a liar, a fraud, a manipulator, one who uses her husband to clear her path and then defends him by assailing the women Clinton has abused.