╌>

Would you be willilng to spend 2 months alone?

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  8 years ago  •  56 comments

Would you be willilng to spend 2 months alone?

Would you be willing to spend 2 months alone on a beautiful Island with everything provided for you, but not even see another person while on the island, and no phone?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    8 years ago

Personally, I don't think I could do it.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

I would. I'm used to being with people with whom I cannot communicate, and besides, ever since childhood I've been somewhat of a "loner". 

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    8 years ago

I'm kind of a "loner', but 2 months is a LONG  time, I don't think I could do it!!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nona62   8 years ago

Your parameters indicated that "everything would be provided" - which is different than a Robinson Crusoe or Tom Hanks in Cast Away situation so perhaps if that were so it would be more difficult.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Yes all of the luxuries would be available to you, except a phone.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Nona62   8 years ago

Perhaps you should also have said no computer with internet as well, although I think that as a means of communication we should assume it would not be available.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Good point Buzz!

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ    8 years ago

I don't know that I could.  Don't get me wrong, I love my alone time.  I don't need someone to entertain me and I appreciate quiet.  I wouldn't need conversation but it would make me feel at peace with the simple knowledge that someone else was there even if they were at the other side of the island.  :o)

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I enjoy my "alone time " too, but I couldn't enjoy 2 months worth.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    8 years ago

Sign me up! Couldn't care less to see another person but would like to have my animals...they're so much more tolerant than most people that I know anyways!

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Uptownchick   8 years ago

Sorry Uppy  "No Pets Allowed"  Sad    I would really miss B&B if I couldn't have them with me,......

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick  replied to  Nona62   8 years ago

but but but...you didn't say no animals! You changed the rules...not fair! LOL

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL    Like I used to tell my daughters  "Life Isn't Fair"  Sad

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Nope!!!  I spend enough time alone.  Like Uppy, I need my animals, too!

I forget how to interact, socially, if I'm not around people...

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

LOL...rather talk to my animals! So far I've never heard a snarky word from them! 

Nona62
Professor Silent

B & B get a little sassy once in a while......sigh

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I completely understand!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

I would go mad. I am a social being and being alone without people or my pets to engage with is like a nightmare for me. 

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   8 years ago

While I'm not that much of a social person, I couldn't handle not having someone to talk to once in a while.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    8 years ago

It is easy to say, I could do it, or I wouldn't like it, until it happens or someone has to do it. 

I am sure I could do it without any problem, but probably wouldn't like it. 

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

That's true, one wouldn't know until they actually experienced it, I KNOW that I wouldn't like it.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago

I'd do it buck naked.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

You might get sunburned in places that you wouldn't want to get sun burned!!   lol

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

Hal - I think there's already a show on t.v. about that.  Wait a minute........have you been on that show?  Let me know which episode so I can check you.....I mean it out.  chuckle

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

ROFLOL  !!   Good one!!

ArkansasHermit
Freshman Silent
link   ArkansasHermit    8 years ago

Would you be willing to spend 2 months alone on a beautiful Island with everything provided for you, but not even see another person while on the island, and no phone?

That pretty much sums up the way I've lived for the last 10 years.

I make a supply run down to town every 6 to 8 weeks, ( a 3 to 4 hour round trip, depending what's on my list), leaving the cabin around 4am to avoid people as much as possible even then.

Months of never speaking a word out loud or interacting with another living human works just fine for me.

Because I can live this way I fell like I'm getting to have the "life of Riley".

Eat, sleep and crap whatever, whenever & wherever I want.  Get black out drunk, shoot my shotgun at the moon before passing out to wake up buck naked on the back porch two days later, (true story), If I happen to be in the mood to do so.

It helps to have a lot of nature and natural beauty surrounding me.  Sometimes I shoot it, (squirrels eat the crap out of my place if I don't keep them at bay), but mostly I just take great solace in my environment.

Two months?  Pfft

Let me win a Lotto & I'll stretch my current two months of blissful isolation into years at a time. (smile)

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  ArkansasHermit   8 years ago

You would be in Paradise!!

LynneA
Freshman Silent
link   LynneA    8 years ago

Assuming the island is not in a brackish lake, everyone has their own idea "beautiful"...I'd be perfectly fine for a couple months.  Any more than that, no thank you.

I'd seek out areas to explore, critters to encounter, flora to marvel, sand castles to be built, waves to mesmerize,  star-lit sky to gaze upon, probably contemplate the laundry, cooking and mundane daily stuff and smile - a broad smile as I twirl around on the sand :)

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62  replied to  LynneA   8 years ago

I LOVE your description of the Island!!!  That would be GREAT to be in a  place like that!