╌>

Some changes on the NT platform

Category:  meta

Via:  perrie-berlin-halpern  •  8 years ago  •  4 comments

Some changes on the NT platform

Hi Everyone!

Last week, there was a major update to the core of this platform. Most of them affect me, but here are some things you should be aware of.

1. Privacy settings/ Followers: There are no more privacy settings. The issue was that unlike Ning, when you set your privacy setting to private, it also affected your commenting. Only your followers could see your comments and that made for strange flow of discussions. With this change, only your followers can see your homepage, so please be careful who you let follow you. 
  2. Notifications: You should check your notifications again. When you go to notifications you will no longer see a large list.

This is how it will look:      

Click on the up and down buttons (Discussion is showing up here) and chose how you want to be notified. Then hit save. 

3. If you are in a group and you want to get notifications from that group, you must chose that from the above selection  click on this icon and it will turn yellow to let you know you are following the discussion. You can click it again to unfollow.                                                                          256

Those are the updates that you should be aware of. 

Please feel free to ask me any questions. 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Perrie Berlin-Halpern
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Perrie Berlin-Halpern    8 years ago

A member here suggested that I do this meta article and I think it is a good idea. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

Thanks for letting us know!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    8 years ago

No problem Dowser!