╌>

Genius Quiz - How Many Can You Get Right?

Category:  Other

Via:  johnrussell  •  8 years ago  •  15 comments

Genius Quiz - How Many Can You Get Right?

Answer these questions to find out

Geniuses come in all forms, from aerospace engineers and artificial intelligence experts to creative storytellers and environmental advocates .

Might you be a genius, too? TIME asked the wise guys (and girls) at Mensa , the world’s oldest and arguably best-known society for smart people, to help us create this simple 10-question quiz that puts your noggin to the test. (Mensa’s normal test includes 60 questions.)

If you can correctly answer the brain teasers below, you just might have what it takes to earn the title “genius.” Good luck!

http://time.com/4337333/genius-quiz

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

I tried to answer 6 of them and got 4 right. I would have got 5 right I think if I had shown more patience.

The ones that are heavily involved with math I am not that good with and skipped. Don't know if I would have got any of them if I spent the time on it.

Challenging , but I don't think you have to be a genius to get some of these - I did it !

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    8 years ago

Went through the whole thing, ended up with a total of 7 correct.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

I KNOW I' not a genius...  And today, I surely don't need a quiz to tell me just how un-genius-like I am...  But it sounds like fun!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I don't think you have to be a genius, I know I'm not and I got 7 right and it should have been 8, but it does require a little thought.

It's just fun. Brain teasing.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

Jane went to visit Jill .  Jill is Jane's only husband's mother-in-law's only husband's only daughter's only daughter. What relation is Jill to Jane?

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  JohnRussell   8 years ago

Sister?   I hope?  Maybe daughter...

I used to be pretty good at all this family stuff, but since my hip has been hurting all day, I'm not thinking straight...  stunned

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I said step-daughter, Wrong.... (but on the right track)

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    8 years ago

I got 8 right. Missed # 3 and #10. I had "synchrony" for #10  ( "y" is only a vowel sometimes ;-)

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
link   Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    8 years ago

Holy crap, say it isn't so!!  There's no way!!  Well, I'm damned and dashed!  Hell hath frozen over and pigs everywhere have taken flight.

Apparently my mother has been right all these years.  I'm not half as smart as I think I am. 

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom   8 years ago

Apparently my mother has been right all these years.  I'm not half as smart as I think I am.

Sometimes it is better to be wise than smart. thumbs up

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man    8 years ago

I missed the one on offspring relationships, (almost got it right I was on the right path but let my logic slip just a bit)

And the choice between Cherries and Pears.

the rest, no sweat. (for the purists I got 8)