Woman Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Toy At Hibachi Restaurant

Inside Edition, Inside Edition   Sat, Jul 30 12:15 PM PDT  

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ    8 years ago

This poor woman.  How could something like this happen.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

She seems like an idiot, and probably too fragile to survive outside an opaque plastic bubble. She should stick with White Castle or Taco Bell.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    8 years ago
That happened to me the last time I ate at a hibachi restaurant.  It was funny.  I feel sorry for this woman's kids - not because they witnessed it, but because they have an idiot for a mother.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   8 years ago

I feel sorry for the husband - Can you imagine how browbeaten he must be to actually have gone along with filing this charge.  

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    8 years ago

My great-uncle had a wine de-corker, (I can't think of the word), that was brass and shaped like a very proper English gentleman, but the screw thingamabob was its penis.  I kept it, of course, because it IS funny, in a rather jarring way.  But not everyone appreciates that sense of humor.  

I kind of don't blame the woman for being upset-- what kind of fluid was that toy shooting out?  And yes, it's funny, I guess, but I bet she felt like they were making fun of her.  NOT a good idea to do that to your patrons.  But, instead of creating a fuss, I would have just never gone back.  

I think Hibachi restaurants are fun, with the volcanoes and things, but I don't want them throwing food at me like I'm a seal, either.  So, I see both sides, as usual, and my only advice to the woman is:  don't go back.  Maybe after this, the restaurant owner will realize that not everyone "gets" that kind of humor.

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I agree Lady Dowser.  The establishment should be sensitive that not everyone thinks these antics are funny.  She clearly felt humiliated not understanding that this is normal and part of the dining experience.  Like you, I generally exercise my unhappiness by not returning to the establishment.  She should have laughed and everyone would have laughed with her.    

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  PJ   8 years ago

I'm not fond of getting squirted in the face with water.  That being said, I surely wouldn't have called the police.  Let the laughter die down, not make it a larger issue...  winking

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

I'm going to pass on making a comment...winking

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Kavika   8 years ago

Kavika - I think that is wise.  I don't think a list is needed outlining what is and isn't acceptable for face squirting......  

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  PJ   8 years ago

LOL, no it isn't, Pj.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Dowser   8 years ago

"Maybe after this, the restaurant owner will realize that not everyone "gets" that kind of humor."

He just needs less precious customers.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

If the restaurant were known for playing tricks on its patrons this would not be an issue. However, it started me thinking along legal lines, and I wondered if the thing squirted just water could it be a plain assault, or if it squirted semen could it then be considered a sexual assault?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    8 years ago

If the restaurant were known for playing tricks on its patrons this would not be an issue. However, it started me thinking along legal lines, and I wondered if the thing squirted just water could it be a plain assault, or if it squirted semen could it then be considered a sexual assault?

PJ
Masters Quiet
link   seeder  PJ  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Well - the officer in the article refers to water so I'm going to go with that as the substance that was squirted in the woman's face.  I dare say that if it were semen the charge would not be sexual assault, it would be murder cause I'd open up a can of whoop........ sorry, I got carried away.  Anyhow, I'm going with water since that's what the officer mentioned.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   8 years ago

Sorry for the double post. Now if the toy could also talk, and asked "Was it good for you?" then I guess it WOULD be sexual assault because "intent" could be established.

Hey, if corporations can legally be considered to be "people", why can't toys? Then the toy could be joined as a party to the proceedings, or charged with an offence. Do jails have accommodations for toys? How about for corporations (which could be a lockable filing cabinet, I suppose)?

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    8 years ago

What animals they are !