╌>

Colorado Man Pleads Guilty To Killing His Computer With Eight Shots From 9MM Pistol

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  20 comments

Colorado Man Pleads Guilty To Killing His Computer With Eight Shots From 9MM Pistol

15, 2015

The Colorado man who blasted a malfunctioning computer with a volley of shots from his 9mm pistol has pleaded guilty to a criminal charge stemming from the April execution, according to court records.

Lucas Hinch, 38, this month copped to discharging a firearm within the city limits of Colorado Springs, where he operates a homeopathic lucashinch15.jpg herb store with his girlfriend.

As part of a plea deal, a Municipal Court judge placed Hinch (seen at right) on a six-month deferment, a probationary period that requires him to not commit any new legal infractions. Upon successful completion of the terms of the deferment, the misdemeanor charge against Hinch will be dismissed.

In an e-mail, Hinch told TSG that he did not anticipate shooting any more computers. Despite my previous actions (perforating a Dell), I'm always very laid back, Hinch said, adding, Since I have no criminal record and considering the circumstances, the judge found the situation hilarious.

Police cited Hinch after responding to an April 20 911 call reporting shots fired in the alley behind Hinchs residence (which also houses his business). Cops discovered that Hinch had fired eight shots into a Dell XPS 410 model. The late computer is pictured below.

A Colorado Springs Police Department blotter entry --headlined Man Kills His Computer--noted that a fed up Hinch had been fighting with his computer for the last several months. The dispute ended when Hinch fired 8 shots into the computer with a handgun, effectively disabling it.

Most individuals have had a similar disposition towards computers when they fail during critical times, Hinch said. I just happened to dispatch mine within a rather unwarranted location, yet preferred means.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

24.gif 24.gif OMG! You can't fix stupid!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Well, I've certainly felt this way before! I always wanted to take mine down to the railroad tracks and introduce it to a train.

Besides, it's a Dell. I'm sure it deserved it.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    9 years ago

I'd'a used a .45.

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol He had to do something before it got out of hand.

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif I always wanted to take mine down to the railroad tracks and introduce it to a train.

Now, that's funny Dowser!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    9 years ago

Hello, Mr. TRS-80! I'd like you to meet Thomas, the Tank Engine...

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    9 years ago

Haha

hmmm...the last one could prove to motive in this case!

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif Love it Dowser!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

I'd'a used a .45. lol Pounding it to death would give me more satisfaction..Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif 24.gif OMG! These all are great. (and true)

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Sounds to me like he needs to partake of some of the calming effects of the herbs that he sells in the store.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Smile.gif Add Anger Management to that too RIO!!

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
link   Robert in Ohio    9 years ago

Nona

Gives new meaning to "Rage Against the Machines"!

Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol I wonder what the sentence for computer murder is......

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

Despite my previous actions (perforating a Dell), I'm always very laid back, Hinch said, adding, Since I have no criminal record and considering the circumstances, the judge found the situation hilarious.

Oh it was a DELL!! That explains it!! I have two of them!! I would have reloaded and shot it again!!!Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

24.gif 24.gif To me, it would be most gratifying to drop it out of a 2nd story window...

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I only have a one story house. I suppose I could throw it in the pool, but I'm not too sure what the pool cleaner would say?Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol The pool cleaner would no doubt charge you extra!!

Randy
Sophomore Participates

I pay him too much as it is (truth is he does a great job for a decent price) but I could tell him it was meant as a tip.Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL He might just give you a tip!! Grin.gif