╌>

Ben Carson told HUD staff he could zap their brains into reciting whole books read 60 years ago. What?

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  19 comments

Ben Carson told HUD staff he could zap their brains into reciting whole books read 60 years ago. What?

In remarks to his new staff, Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" and said they came to the U.S. in "the bottom of slaves ships" for better opportunities.   (Reuters)

Carson said, the brain was incapable of forgetting and could be electrically stimulated into perfect recall — a statement that, even though made by one of the most famous former neurosurgeons alive, was far more fiction than science.

(Link)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

I could take the oldest person here, make a little hole right here on the side of the head,” Carson said, circling his left temple with a finger, “and put some depth electrodes into their hippocampus and stimulate. And they would be able to recite back to you, verbatim, a book they read 60 years ago. 

OMG-- this man is brilliant! Definitely a role model for black kids. (Let's hope more of them turn out to be like Ben Carson-- America definitely needs more people like him!!!)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

Now, he's getting scary...  Dr. Frankenstein at his best!  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

1. I thought Carson was a brain surgeon.

2. Maybe age is taking a toll on his once brilliant mind. 

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I don't think it is old age-- I think it is hubris.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I thought Carson was a brain surgeon.

Maybe he needs brain surgery?

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Hopefully Ben Carson is not in anyway a role model for the fine youth of today in this great country in which we live!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Carson can zap brains from inside a pyramid....That's amazing.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

He drilled a hole in his brain and is now a pyramid zombie who wanders around moaning "Grains! Grains!"

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

LOL!!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Randy   7 years ago

Maybe it would help if he zapped Trump...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

Couldn't hurt...

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

This whole article reminds me of the ......... that abounds today.

Here's another one that exposed the same sort of ..........

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Krishna  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

But here's the difference between the two: Kellyanne Conway is not stupid-- in fact she's really smart. But the problem with her is she's has no sense of decency whatsoever-- she's as big a liar as trump. But yess, she's really clever....

Carson, on the other hand, is just really, really stupid-- probaby a well meaning person...but he just doesn't have a brain Sad

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Dr. Carson, I think, is very book-smart-- obviously-- but has absolutely no common sense.  One of my dear sister-in-laws is a pediatrician-- a lovelier person you'll never find-- but she has trouble driving on the street.  She literally cannot park, nor follow directions, nor remember to turn on her blinkers, or stay in the same lane...  I'm always amazed that she gets anywhere!  But a sweeter, kinder person does not exist.

I'm surprised that Carson can tie his own shoes, and probably wears slip-ons.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

I remember a long time ago Krishna you saying something about people not reading the articles and just making comments.  It is evident you didn't look at the second video.  Everything is a lie if it isn't told by those who someone agrees with.  She did nothing wrong in doing what she did and Ben Carson did nothing wrong in what he did either.

Some people have a much higher opinion of themselves than deserved.  Remember you also read your cards, looked at your stars or whatever and told everyone how Trump was going to have a bad day on election day.  It didn't work out that way, did it?

I remember it isn't fortune telling.  People have been studying it forever, but only afterwards does anyone ever use it to tell what has happened.  And of course as it is with man, it isn't what is told, but all the things that were forgotten.

Now is Obama stupid?  Some of the nicest people can be fooled so easily and they don't even realize it.  They just go along with the group they decided to be a part of wandering around in delusion.

You can emphasize different aspects of a situation and get the effect you're looking for by doing so.  It's refreshing to see someone emphasizing something that has the potential to bring people together instead of using it to divide the people.

Do yourself a favor and take a look at this video.

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

here's the difference between the two: Kellyanne Conway is not stupid-- in fact she's really smart. But the problem with her is she's has no sense of decency whatsoever-- she's as big a liar as trump. But yess, she's really clever....

Carson, on the other hand, is just really, really stupid--

Agree and Agree!!!!