╌>

Bowler Rolls A Perfect Game, Across 12 Different Lanes, In Less Than A Minute And A Half

Category:  Sports

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Bowler Rolls A Perfect Game, Across 12 Different Lanes, In Less Than A Minute And A Half

If bowling were more popular as a spectator sport, this guy would be famous tonight. That was crazy. 

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/fastest-perfect-bowling-game/

Most people who don’t stay in their own lane get dragged for it, either metaphorically or literally. This guy ended up breaking the bowling world record for fastest perfect game instead.

According to Syracuse.com , bowler Ben Ketola is believed to have broken the record for the world’s fastest 300 game earlier this month, with a time of just under 87 seconds. He did so by running from one lane of the bowling alley to the next, hitting strikes with a different ball every time, then returning to lanes 1 and 2 to bring the score to 300.

“It was fun to do. I honestly wasn’t expecting to do it,” the 23-year-old told the publication. “I just wanted to see how quickly I could get across the house and get strikes.”

Ketola said he decided to give it a try while practicing, taking the strategy from pro bowler Tom Daugherty, who broke the record in 2015 with a time of 1 minute and 50.99 seconds. He first attempted to break the record three times on April 1, but held the winning game days later at the alley where he works in Cortland, New York.

The United States Bowling Congress doesn’t count speed for official records, but Ketola said he still want to push himself on the bowling records.

“I saw it as a challenge,” Ketola said. “Next time I may set up all spares on the lanes and see how fast I can make those.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Awestruck

----------------------------------------------------

Tony Discenza  

I've been bowling for about 50 years and that was THE most impressive bowling related event I've ever seen. AMAZING.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    7 years ago

As a sometime bowler I would like to say with my tongue only slightly in my cheek...I HATE HIM! I have never bowled a perfect game on one lane! Never! I am 60 years old and have bowled hundreds of games and watched bowling every Saturday when I was growing up! A PERFECT GAME IN 87 SECONDS!!!! Damn it!

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Randy   7 years ago

I wonder if he has 12 bowling balls fitted to his hand or if he used house balls. Plus generally speaking different lanes play differently depending on how they have been waxed and what the wear and tear is on the lane. This guy must have been practicing this incredible trick forever. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

You're right. No two lanes play exactly alike and the same with the balls. He must have had 12 balls fitted before hand and practiced on each lane to get a feel for each one...for a looooog time.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Wow, just wow.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

Is it just me, or does he have a strange style?  I don't bowl much, but I've never seen someone throw the ball at the floor with both hands.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Hal A. Lujah   7 years ago

I think he's releasing his left hand off the ball at that last split second before he let's it go with his right hand. 

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Still, it is a strange style, but a hell of a nice curve. I don't bowl a curve. I drop the ball from the far right edge and bowl straight for the pocket. Used to drive dad nuts because he bowl a really hard curve.

And it doesn't look like a new bowling alley because some of the lanes have darkened from being oiled. So maybe he has been playing league bowling there for quite awhile and is used to them.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

It seems like he's kind of throwing the ball down, instead of smoothly releasing the ball flush with the surface of the lane.