╌>

NV Folks New to The NewsTalkers … Don't Be Shy … Come on Bye!

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  a-macarthur  •  7 years ago  •  56 comments

NV Folks New to The NewsTalkers … Don't Be Shy … Come on Bye!

We're all friends here … 

The Photography & Art Forum is a good place to get acclimated and acquainted. Have a camera or cell phone … a drawing, painting … a poem you'd like to have illustrated … share it here. Have a question about photography … Photoshop … please ask.

Or just be a regulator visitor to see what's new.

A. Macarthur (A. Mac)

uigag_cottontail_AGU1374sm.jpg

Don't be shy … stay and say, HI!"

© A. Mac/A.G.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Some really talented contributors to this (Photography & Art) Forum, and, The Creative Arts Group would like to see you regularly … no imagery or experience necessary.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Mac,

Love the Rabbit.  Shouldn't his first words have been, "What's Up Doc"?  I have a couple of the same subject that may be even cuter.  OK to put them up here?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Always a-ok to add pictures to any photo article I post, TTGA.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur   7 years ago

Here we go.  If there's anything cuter than a rabbit it's a baby rabbit.

2004Baby Rabbit2.jpg

2004Baby Rabbit3.jpg

I don't know what this little guy was trying to accomplish.  He was hiding in the grass right next to the house.  I got the shot a few years ago.  He was really cute then; now he and his many descendants concentrate on eating all of our vegetables.

charger 383
Professor Silent
link   charger 383    7 years ago

Hi, Charger383 from NV is here

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  charger 383   7 years ago

Welcome!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Charger383 from NV is here

Welcome! And happy to see you.

WhoAmI
Freshman Silent
link   WhoAmI    7 years ago

How do I join this group, or any other group for that matter?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  WhoAmI   7 years ago

Click on the 'Groups' on the upper right, brings up a page listing the groups, if you see one you want to join, click on the group, on the following page click the 'Join Group' push button (just below top, kind left center).  Some groups are automatic (Open) some you will need to be approved for (Closed).

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  WhoAmI   7 years ago

How do I join this group, or any other group for that matter?

The FORUMS are open to all members … no need to "join" … just visit any Forum whenever you wish to do so.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    7 years ago

If you wish to join the Moderate and Balanced group, please send me a private message!  thumbs up

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago
All new members are welcome to join my groups.  (Blue lives matter), (Christian issues, beliefs, and news), (Fox News Nation), (Huskers Sports and all sports in general), (Jefferson USA conservatives, tea party, libertarians). Those are nations that are literally open to all NewsTalkers members.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
link   XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Jefferson group is now Right America Nation just as it was on Newsvine.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell  replied to  XXJefferson51   7 years ago

Jefferson group is now Right America Nation just as it was on Newsvine.

We will alert the relevant authorities.

WhoAmI
Freshman Silent
link   WhoAmI  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

I didn't find an option for PM.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton  replied to  WhoAmI   7 years ago

If ya hover over your name at the right top corner of the page, in one of the choices in the drop down, you can select "Private Notes".

welcome!

:~)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  WhoAmI   7 years ago

If you just want to talk to someone, or have a chat, you can also go to the lower right hand corner of the page and click on Chat.  It will list members that are on the site right now.  thumbs up

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

If you just want to talk to someone, or have a chat, you can also go to the lower right hand corner of the page and click on Chat.  It will list members that are on the site right now.   thumbs up

Hi Dowser. 

Great idea to mention some of this site's unique features to people from NV who are here and exploring the site to see if they want to join.  I think we should remember to mention our Chat more often-- a great way to get to know people by being able to converse with them in real time. 

In fact yesterday I looked at "Who's Online" and noticed someone from NV who I had seen there but didn't know well. So I invited him to chat. (It took him a while to figure it out, but not all that long). He really liked the feature....

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

A couple of quick notes about Chat and Private Notes:

In Private Notes (our internal E-Mail system); you can only send or receive such E-Mails with someone on your friend list.  This causes your FL to expand, sometimes even to people that you may not even like politically.  I have a couple on mine like that. 

I believe that that sort of system brings up a basic truth about this site that is sometimes ignored but usually remembered.  We have always tried to hold to the belief that, those you communicate with on NT are PEOPLE.  They are not just bundles of political opinions.  Some of those that I fight it out with politically are very good friends when we're not on politics.  We often share other interests and get along quite well when dealing with those.  In real life, that's how adults do it.

On Chat, you can click a button that may take you to one of several Chat Rooms.  If you wish a Private Chat with someone who is listed as present, just click on their name, type your comment at the bottom of the box that pops up and hit the Enter key to transmit.  That will make a box pop up on their screen with your message.  The Chat Rooms are not used for political subjects or any form of controversy.  They are for friendly dialogue.

Good Lord!!  As I type this there are 25 people on the Chat List.  I've been here since 2012 and I've NEVER seen that many folks here at one time.  FAR OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Excellent, TTGA!!!  Bravo!

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Dowser,

I'll send you something on PN in a little while about an idea I have for a specialized group.  I'm also going to get hold of Buzz, so it may be a three way collaboration (possibly more if needed).

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Sure!  thumbs up

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Would any of the new people from NV, who had any of the screen names on this list over there, please contact me as soon as possible.

Kearney Outlaw.
Grisham
Mighty J
The Opposition
Mongowildman
SavickConn
Scar Tissue
Fletch 495299
Joeiraqi
Mstanley 2265
Borehead 007
Circled Thrice
Remote Viewer
JustJames
America Republic

Thanks all.  Sorry about the off topic comment Mac, but I'll bet you know  why it's here.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

Hope it yields success, TTGA.

oldcrankyman
Freshman Silent
link   oldcrankyman  replied to  TTGA   7 years ago

For what it's worth, I haven't seen any of those names commenting on Newsvine ever.  Hope I'm not intruding.

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  oldcrankyman   7 years ago

Hope I'm not intruding.

Not at all.  Even a negative report is useful.  I haven't been there since 2012, so they may be gone or changed the screen name.  Absolutely love your screen name, possibly because it's just like my E-Mail name.thumbs up

oldcrankyman
Freshman Silent
link   oldcrankyman  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Testing 1, 2, 3

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    7 years ago

Big changes are about.  Good idea for a welcoming article, A. Mac.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser  replied to  Nigel Dogberry   7 years ago

(((((((((((Nigel))))))))))))))  I'm so GLAD to see you!

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry  replied to  Dowser   7 years ago

Hi, guys. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA  replied to  Nigel Dogberry   7 years ago

Really great to see you Grump.  How's the building coming along?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
link   Enoch  replied to  Nigel Dogberry   7 years ago

Dear Friend Nigel: WB.

Enoch.

chamomile tea
Freshman Silent
link   chamomile tea    7 years ago

There is a young bunny residing under our deck. Doesn't have much to fear from the humans here.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  chamomile tea   7 years ago

I love bunnies. I used to raise them. They are good people. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
link   Trout Giggles    7 years ago

Hi. You might remember me as RobinM85. I was briefly Hot Sasquatch for a giggle. I now go by Trout Giggles both here and at Newsvine.

I see Nigel and badfish. That's good I have some friends over here

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles   7 years ago

Hi Trout Giggles and Welcome! 

I remember you. You always cracked me up. Glad to have you aboard. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
link   Trout Giggles    7 years ago

Thanks, Perrie! I hope I can keep the laughter going

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles   7 years ago

I have read your material and it's side splitting! I love to laugh

Salero21
Freshman Silent
link   Salero21    7 years ago

Hello,

I'm still on NV 'till Sept. or so I hope. This is my 2nd. post here in the NT. Seems easier to navigate than NV. I hope it doesn't become like NV being ruled by extremists Leftists or Righties in a Totalitarian way. They even deleted quotes I posted there from well known Scholar Thomas Sowell 'cause they Refuted what someone was saying.

I like the Bold, Colors, Italics and Underline, tools necessary for emphasis, humor, sadness or sarcasm

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

Welcome Salerno,

I am the resident advisor here. If you need anything or have a question I am your gal. We are a friendly community where you can express yourself. I would advise that you read our Code of Conduct. It's found on the bottom of every page. Otherwise, post away and have fun. You can find topics that you might be interested in on the forum tab on the top, or you can jump in from the front page. 

Salero21
Freshman Silent
link   Salero21  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Thanks!waving