╌>

Not Sellin' … Just Sharin'!

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  a-macarthur  •  7 years ago  •  11 comments

Not Sellin' … Just Sharin'!

In 1983, I took a position as a Newspaper Editor having had prior years of experience in editorial writing, publication design and layout … but NOT photography .

First day on the job, I found that I was also the staff photographer  … news to this, then NEWS MAN.

In a desk drawer of the editor preceding me, was a Canon AE-1 camera … film, not digital (in those days) … no users manual and no "Photography for Dummies" book either.

In short, I learned photography on-the-job (fortunately, a Fine Art/Art History background had given me a sense of what made a "good" image) …

That was about 30,000 images ago.

I would like very much to share as many of those 30,000 with members on NT who might care to view some of them; many of those photos are gone forever -- the pre-digital era, 35mm slides in particular, which, were in the possession of agents representing them on my behalf, and, most of which were never returned to me after the passing of one of the agents.

So, that was then and this is now. I'm going to try something in this thread whereby I can share multiple images via links to pages on my website … a site from which I market images to the public in the form of prints and other media.

Please understand that I am not doing this to sell anything … I just want to share, in an efficient manner, as many of my images as I can with members of NT.

If this concept is offensive to anyone, PLEASE SAY SO and this will be the first and last time I go this route.

At the link below, is one page of images … one page of roughly 50 such pages. Click the link and let's see how it goes.

A. Mac/A.G.

https://a-gurmankin.pixels.com/index.html?tab=images&page=18

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Please be honest with me … if this is a bad idea, I will scrap it.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

I think that it's great idea...

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika   replied to  Kavika   7 years ago

My only question is, are you going to do this in segments?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

are you going to do this in segments?

If there are no objections to the concept, I will post a link to one page of images as a separate discussion. 

If there are suggestions as to other ways I might do this, I'd like to have them.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Looks like the FP will be tied up for a while.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

Just wondering if anyone might care to step away from the FP long enough to enjoy some pictures …

… this, before returning to the acrimony … refreshed and ready to go at once again.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     7 years ago

Great photos Mac, I especially liked the ''American Icon''.....

Keep'em coming. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

From that series I could choose many, MANY favourites, but for me number one is Twilight Over a Meadow.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

I would like to open another "Page of my (Photographic) Life" to my friends on NT.

I may wait until the FP calms down (if it ever will) … or … just proceed based on reality.