╌>

Monsters are real... ... by Bob Nelson

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  bob-nelson  •  7 years ago  •  35 comments

Monsters are real... ... by Bob Nelson

The only monsters we see are fictional, on TV.... When a genuine monster, like an ISIS murderer is about to behead a helpless captive... the TV blurs the image to spare our sensibilities.

We're insulated. We are encouraged to forget that there really are monsters in the world.

We know, intellectually, that serial killers exist, so we can can shudder with false excitation at the simulated murders that fill our television screens. But at the same time, we know, too, that the probability of actually encountering a Jeffrey Dahmer is infinitesimal. We never see violent death in the real world, other than automobile accidents.

Then again...

"Jews will not replace us!"

Well... maybe that's nothing more than a few excited students...

... or maybe that's home-grown American Nazis...

Note that the folks with the Confederate flags are perfectly comfortable having a Nazi flag in their midst. They may not all declare themselves to be Nazis, but they clearly don't mind being associated with Nazis... 

"Jews will not replace us"...

"Jews will not replace us!"

Industrial-scale murder.

Genocide.

"The Final Solution"

That's who the Nazis were... and are!

Some Americans seem to have forgotten.

Kristallnacht, also referred to as the Night of Broken Glass, or simply Pogromnacht was a pogrom against Jews throughout Nazi Germany on 9–10 November 1938, carried out by SA paramilitary forces and German civilians. The German authorities looked on without intervening. The name Kristallnacht comes from the shards of broken glass that littered the streets after the windows of Jewish-owned stores, buildings, and synagogues were smashed.

Estimates of the number of fatalities caused by the pogrom have varied. Early reports estimated that 91 Jewish people were murdered during the attacks. Modern analysis of German scholarly sources by historians such as Richard J. Evans puts the number much higher. When deaths from post-arrest maltreatment and subsequent suicides are included, the death toll climbs into the hundreds. Additionally, 30,000 Jewish men were arrested and incarcerated in concentration camps. -- Wikipedia 

When Kristallnacht happened in 1938, it was too late. Much too late...

... but it was in fact less than ten years since Adolf Hitler had been appointed Chancellor by an aged President Hindenburg.

Less than ten years since the Reichtag Fire had provided the excuse to suspend constitutional protections.

Less than ten years since the first of many concentration camps was established at Dachau.

The crimes of the Nazi regime were not a surprise. They were announced.

Today, in America, there are people who parade in paramilitary garb, brandishing Nazi regalia and firearms, and loudly shouting their hatred for Jews. They are announcing their intentions, just as Hitler did in Mein Kämpf .

In Germany, not enough people stood up against the Nazis.

In America... there are people who stand up against the Nazis.

Are you with the Nazis or with those who stand against them? There is no middle ground.

If you are not against the Nazis, you are for this:

Oh, wait ... that last one isn't due to Nazis...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson    7 years ago

Are there any Nazis on NT? I very much doubt it.

Do any members have relations directly with Nazis? I kinda sorta doubt it... although...

Do any members have relations with people who have relations with Nazis? I'd guess there are. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

To the best of my knowledge, I do not currently know anyone who is an actual Nazi. There is a person on NV who is an extreme racist bigot, and regularly seeds articles originating from David Duke's s site. Is she actually a member of the American Nazi Party? IDK-- but wouldn't be surprised if she is. And then there was Keld Bach, a virulent anti-Semite and actual Holocaust denier-- but he was removed  (in fact, jfxgillis has just revealed that it was he who spoke to the admins and had Keld eliminated-- his comment is somewhere in the discussion in a recent very revealing article HERE).

I've had contacts with members of both the real KKK and the Mafia. But that's a long time ago.

I have been on the 'Net for many years, and from the start have been extremely secretive about my identity and the details of my life--IMO that's the sensible thing to do. And I would request that anyone who may know anything about me please do not reveal it. (Thanks :-)

However, since I'm coming close to deciding I will probably finally stop spending time on Internet discussion sites, while I won't come out totally  & "tell all"...I may just stick a bit of foot outside of the closet....

But Bob, you must be psychic! Yes-- there  have been members of my family who were, in fact, Nazis.

My Uncle's older brother was a real Nazi-- in fact he was a minor officer in the German army during WWII. And with the exception of that one particular uncle I just mentioned, IIRC his entire family was "Good Germans"-- Nazis, and loyal to Hitler and the Third Reich. (All of these people are long deceased).

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Krishna, about a decade ago you were my first friend when I joined NV, and you were my mentor. Although I sometimes strayed from your advice, it would eventually turn out that you were always right. I, for one, am going to miss you if you go.  There are certain members who add colour to a social news site, and you always did.  NT will be less some of that colour with you gone.

Although it's been a long time, I never knew anything personal about you other than some of your many interests. It didn't matter.  You have maintained your incognito existence perfectly.

When I was 18, I spent a summer at a co-ed summer camp in Ontario's Muskoka Lakes district. It was called Camp Winnebago.  It was a great summer and at the end we were all pretty unhappy. We had a closing concert, and someone wrote a song we sang at that time. That song has been going through my head ever since I read that you were moving on.

Shame, shame, Winnebegoo is closing. Shame, shame, the summer's through. Shame, shame, the characters are leaving. We're sure going to have a tough time without you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

Winne-whatsis?-- never heard of it

In fact I didn't ever hear of any camps on Skeleton Lake-- or for that matter, even on lakes like Fox Lake Probably isn't any laske named after a Fox I suppose..)

(LINK)

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Damn. I KNEW I posted something about Winnebagoe before. You must have one hell of a filing system to have brought it all back.

One NEW story abouit my life at the camp.  Of all the staff, I was voted to have had the second most hairy shoulders. In fact, now that I'm in China, where people have very little, if any hair on their bodies save for their heads and of course pubic hair, and married to a Chinese woman, my mother-in-law never calls me by my name - she either calls me "Lowei" (which means "foreigner") or "Howzeh" (which means "monkey").  Actually the Monkey King is a famous character in China, but that's yet another story.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Actually the Monkey King is a famous character in China, but that's yet another story.

Is that related to the character of the Monkey in the Chinese Zodiac?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

Actually no.  He's the principal character in a novel written during the Ming Dynasty, that is probably the most famous novel in China.  Virtually every Chinese person knows the story. There are movies of it and lately a television series of the story is being shown.  The novel is called "Journey to the West".

Sun Wukong.jpg

I read the English tranlation - 2600 pages long.  It has multiple references to places I've been to and customs and Buddhist practices I'm aware of, so I was better able to understand and appreciate the story.

Krishna
Professor Expert

Well, every so often I feel I've had enough-- and "qui"t a site. But its not a real quit-- its a "Dennis MacCann Quit". I whine and moan about how bad the site is, how no one appreciates a great person such as ...moi! I stamp my foot, throw a childish hissy fit, and say "Unfair, Unfair! I'm taking my ball and going home!"

Then I disappear (usually for a few months) and then suddenly-- I reappear. Then Rinse and repeat. (Except the next time I say "And this time its for good--I'm never coming back!")

Translation-- I may take some time off-- or just lighten up on usage for a while.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Gee, Krishna... 

What a silly way to behave!  

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

When it comes to Krishna, you can remove the "il" from "silly".

Krishna
Professor Expert

When it comes to Krishna, you can remove the "il" from "silly".

Very perceptive....

Correct-- but you're one of the few people who know that!

(I've decided lately to let out a few of my secrets...just for fun).

Krishna
Professor Expert

What a silly way to behave!  

Of course its silly. And unlike most people acting silly, its totally deliberate. I am not perfect (asppesarasnces to the contrary not withstanding), but there's a reason for most of what I do, Especiaslly things that seem stupid, silly, or make no sense.  Thery are not merely random remarks-- they have a purpose.

Often they don't work, but I try tokeep improving my skills.

P.S:

Here's a secret few people, if any,  know. The first time I ever got suspended (1 day) on NV, it appeared that I lost my temper and attacked someone. But the fact is-- it was deliberate. I thought the odds were I'd ge tsuspended. But I decided it was worth it.It was a "sacrifice play" as I believe its called in baseball. And it worked!

Actually my "leaving" sometimes for months on end isn't any sort of ploy-- its just because I need a break from online  nonsense-- or sometimes get very involved in some offline project orother)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

I was kinda sorta referring to the fact that I do the same thing... 

Krishna
Professor Expert

I was kinda sorta referring to the fact that I do the same thing... 

Oh-- now I get it. (I'm a bit slow tonight, a bit of lackof sleep). 

Actually, now that I think of mit, I'm not  too surprised. Most people online react lie Trump-- that is to say,they react, without thinking. But there are a few--  who are a bit...umm...more clever..than that.

Krishna
Professor Expert

@Bob-Nelson I was kinda sorta referring to the fact that I do the same thing... 

Actually I missed that.

What Buzz mentioned is that sometimes things I do that appear to be merely foolish are actually planned on my part- not a spontaneous uncontrollable outburst. (After all I am not Donald Trump-- nor do I play one on TV!)

And I now realize that that's not what you were referring to (the fact that often some of the stupid stuff I say is actually planned, and done at the times when I look at online discussions as a challenging game of Chess).

But I now see that what you were referring to something different, i.e. that we both have a tendency to "disappear" for long periods of time....

(I can't really say that I blame you-- or blame even me!)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

You have it right, now.

When I'm honest with myself, though... and of course I avoid that like the plague... I know that I also do some posting "just to score points". Intellectually, I know how foolish that is, but I have a temper. Sometimes when a member posts something egregiously asinine, I react badly. I lay logic-traps, and mock the poor fool who steps in one. I know that such behavior accomplishes nothing. But i can't resist...

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Best post of the year. laughing dude .

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

link   08/19/17 08:47:53AM  @Dean-Moriarty :

Best post of the year. laughing dude .

Best comment of the year!!! laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

It is not just the neo-Nazis who are today preaching annihilation of the Jews, even in America, in California, but thanks to PC and the First Amendment, it's "okay", right?

....and who here gives a shit about that?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   seeder  Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient   7 years ago

....and who here gives a shit about that?

That is an excellent... and terrible... question...

Gordy327
Professor Expert
link   Gordy327    7 years ago

The only difference between Nazis and Confederate wannabees is the flag they wave.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Gordy327   7 years ago

The only difference between Nazis and Confederate wannabees is the flag they wave.

But didn't Trump just say that many of them were really good people-- or words to that effect?

And he wouldn't lie (or would he?)

Gordy327
Professor Expert
link   Gordy327  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

No, of course not. ;)

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

Are  you  with the Nazis or with those who stand against them? There is no middle ground.

Which Side Are You On?

Gordy327
Professor Expert
link   Gordy327  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

An excellent point.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   JohnRussell    7 years ago

My own personal feeling that today's Nazi's are pretty weak actors in comparison to 20's and 30's Germany . A read of Shirer's book or Toland's biography of Hitler demonstrate that to me. But of course they are a threat, and the visual of Americans choosing to emulate Nazi insignia is nauseating.

White supremacism is a serious disease we have to keep in the forefront of our resistance for the foreseeable future.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

My own personal feeling that today's Nazi's are pretty weak actors in comparison to 20's and 30's Germany

True.

And BTW-- that's also true of the Klan today.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

Of course when Hitler started out, his movement was very small and very weak. 

In fact most countries in Europe didn't even take him seriously. They called him:

The Man with the funny little moustache"

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna  replied to  Krishna   7 years ago

My own personal feeling that today's Nazi's are pretty weak actors in comparison to 20's and 30's Germany

True.

And BTW-- that's also true of the Klan today.

At one point the KKK controlled entire states-- their governments were controlled by the Klan! Theior national membership roles were YUGE!

Today, thanks to constant harassment by the gov't, the official membership has shrunk. (Although it;s probably increasing now thanks to Trump). Although that by no means implies it isn't a very real danger.

I believe the real danger bow comes not so much from actual Klansman, but rsather fro a growing number of sympathizers (not actaul members of the KKK, but merely many Trump supporters who carry KKK flags and who now feel free to be open about their feelings, due to the election of a president who is sympathetic to them.

"Why we voted for Donald Trump": David Duke 

David Duke, the former KKK grand wizard, is unambiguous about what Saturday’s alt-right and neo-Nazi rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, means to him: It’s the fulfillment of President Donald Trump’s vision for America.

“We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in.

That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    7 years ago

The crimes of the Nazi regime were not a surprise.  They were announced.

Today, in America, there are people who parade in paramilitary garb, brandishing Nazi regalia and firearms, and loudly shouting their hatred for Jews. They are announcing their intentions, just as Hitler did in  Mein Kämpf .

Are  you  with the Nazis or with those who stand against them? There is no middle ground.

There have always been those who remain unaware of the very real dangers of this sort of thing when it happens, and otherswho are aware, but prefer to do nothing.

And then there are a few very aware souls who choose to take a stand for the highest ideals. They chose to walk the walk, rather than settling for "talking the talk".

BTW one such person Is someone I've known online for a long time. He just wrote an article about what he's doing. There's a demonstration by the alt-Right in Boston today. He's going to a counter-demonstration. And he reporting on it on NV. And will post follow up articles with photos afterwards.The article is interesting as are the comments!  Some of you may know him.

Boston 'free speech rally' applies for permit for Saturday event 

Seeded by  jfxgillis

(Permit has been granted, Jack is going)

(---> LINK)

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide

It is NOT complicated... 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

jfxgillis is still around?  Wish he'd come here.

Krishna
Professor Expert

jfxgillis is still around?  Wish he'd come here.

BTW, he recently posted an article/seed telling some of the "previous untold" facts about the whole DPM kerfuffle. Interesting stuff, a lot is revealed, even some things that I didn't know about.

But the comments are perhaps even more interesting than what he seeded. A lot of discussion-- but some really revealing things came out. (I realize it may be frustrating to read without being able to reply-- anyone can read it but of course people who've closed their acct can't comment)

IMO the comments are worth reading in their entirety-- if anyone has the patience and is really interested in what really happened.

The Allegations: Public Disclosure

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert

You deleted your actual answer to what I had said but I caughti it on my email notification.  I don't think that the presence of a few extremists in either political direction would scare me off, but so be it.

I went through some of what you suggested, but I don't think I agree with this comment:

"White hair in men is generally considered a sign of distinction-- often a positive. (Sadly the reverse seems to be true for women :-("