╌>

Someone send out a search party. There are thousands of missing examples of antifa violence

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  7 years ago  •  148 comments

Someone send out a search party. There are thousands of missing examples of antifa violence

Another newstalkers seed is locked . I was going to post this as a response there but that option is foreclosed.

We are led to believe that antifa violence is ubiquitous. More or less everywhere, a constant threat to the life and limb of decent Americans.

There are 20,000 cities and towns in America. Trump has been president (the triggering of antifa) for 230 days. So there have been 4,600,000 opportunities for antifa to cause mayhem on the streets of America (the dirty bastards).

How many such violent occasions have there been?  6.  Clearly antifa is laying down on the job.

Let's recalculate.  Let's say that antifa might be moved to violence in only 1 out of every 100 cities or towns, and they decide to only rampage on the weekends. (28% of the days of the week) That leaves us with 12,880 days and places where there could have been antifa violence . Instead there were 6.

We can reduce the opportunities by another 99%. That leaves us 128 times that surely a maniacal outfit like antifa would have fomented mindless anarchic violence just for the pure fuck of it.

Instead of the measly 128 though there have been.....6.   Where is the anarchy in that?

And the SIX instances have been in response to something else that they perceive from what they call "fascists".

This faux right wing media and social media fueled outrage about antifa may have its brief day in the late summer sun, but it will soon wane , and we will still have Trump. The far worse problem for the psychological health and morale of our nation.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Boo!

by antifa

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo    7 years ago

I find it interesting that the folks in that article that is locked down - are claiming that anti-fa are terrorists.  How ridiculous!

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Perrie herself said that both sides were evil.  I heartily disagree!  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Ah, I love being called out. 

I stand by what I said. Terrorism is the act of disturbing the course of daily actions. Antifa has done that, but destroying property. But my comment is being used as a faulty if/ then statement. 

I am not saying that antifa is the same as the white supremacists. They can't be. Their goals are different. 

And for the record, I despise white supremacists. But I don't advocate the methods used by Antifa.

Dr. King had the right idea. 

Also, not everyone who protests against white supremacists are antifa. They are just people who are taking a stand. And being there doesn't mean that they deserve to die. 

I hope that clarifies my position. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I hope that clarifies my position. 

"Both sides do it." 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

You are not worth the time to talk to. I won't make that mistake anymore. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

I disagree with you because I don't believe anti-fa are terrorists and I don't believe they're evil.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

They destroy public and private property. That is not good by any standard.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

That doesn't make them terrorists or evil though.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

That doesn't make them terrorists or evil though.  Also, which public and private property have they destroyed?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Here watch this video:

What does destroying Starbucks, and banks have to do with the alt right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal

I hesitate to look at your link.  Who originally posted it?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

The footage speaks for itself. I don't know the group, but it seems to be in favor of this video, since the video that followed talked about getting even with fascists. 

In any event, it clearly shows that they were destroying property.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

I don't  have the time to watch a 19:00 minute video but thanks anyway.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

WHY?

Cause it destroys your logical position?

And it was posted by an Antifa supporter?

laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

(that is such a common position that it only rates four laughers)

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

No because I don't have time to watch a 19 minute video.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

It happens within the first 5 min with a pile of other reporters catching the same footage. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Perrie, I  need to apologize to you for dismissing your video and disputing the source.   I just watched it and these anti-fa activists were quite stupid in these seemingly  random acts of destruction of public and private property.   They are not making any sense or any points for their 'cause' this way.  This is giving the true extremists,  for lack of a better word, fuel for the fire.  And these extremists are having everyone think that these anti-fa morons are wreaking world wide destruction.   They don't strike fear in me and I doubt they strike fear in anyone.  I don't think they're evil and in my humble opinion calling them terrorists might be stretching it a bit so I respectfully agree to disagree with you on that part of it.    I hope you'll accept my apology.   

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Thank you Tessylo for that apology. I know you don't know me yet, but I have no agenda here.

I agree that their actions bring excuses for their counterparts. It also makes it easy to dismiss concerns about them. You know, the old two wrongs make a right argument. 

Anyway, glad we got past that. :)

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Well I'll tell ya how it looks to everyone out here.

First, the source was an issue, clearly implying that if it wasn't from an "approved" source you wouldn't watch it.

An antifa supporter is an "approved source"

Second, it is clear even seeing the face still of the video shows the destruction wrought by Antifa, it plays like a recruitment video.

Extrapolation of those two facts?

It destroys your logical argument.

Further extrapolation?

There is no need to watch the video cause you already know this, hence the refusal/claim that you cannot watch a 19 minute video.

Conclusion?

Taking on the site owner? and refusing to take your medicine when she hands you your ass?

Priceless.

Have a nice day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Whatever dude.  How did Perrie hand me my ass?  Because I didn't want to look at the video?  Allrightythen.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Whatever dude.  How did Perrie hand me my ass?  Because I didn't want to look at the video?  Allrightythen.  You also like to put words in my mouth and make lots of assumptions - you know what they say about assumptions, right?

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Whatever dude.  How did Perrie hand me my ass?  Because I didn't want to look at the video?  Allrightythen.  You also like to put words in my mouth and make lots of assumptions - you know what they say about assumptions, right?

Someone's been reading the dictionary - I'm so impressed with your extrapolations and conclusions.  Again, whatever!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

Look, I am not here to hand anyone their ass. I am here to have a discussion with open minded people. I don't know why that is so hard to do.

I'm bowing out. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Maybe you should ask nowhere man to stop speaking for you.  I'm not here to argue either.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Maybe you should ask nowhere man to stop speaking for you.

Stick around a while and you will learn that NO ONE speaks for Perrie. If I was, she would have handed me my ass.

And I didn't put words in your mouth either, I just analyzed your logic for refusing.

Quite simple really.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

Quit while you are behind NM, no one is required to watch a 19 minute long video.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I'm behind?

Thank you for letting me know, need to hit the accelerator and get back in the lead....

But do me a favor John, tell me where the race is?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

I agree with one thing you said, Perrie doesn't need your help.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Didn't say you were girl, and pretty much everyone knows this. I was speaking from the point of view of an observer watching the exchange.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

So pretty much everyone knows this - according to you?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Yeah pretty much, anyone who has been here longer than a few weeks should have deduced it by now.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

"Yeah pretty much, anyone who has been here longer than a few weeks should have deduced it by now."

I'm so impressed.  Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]  Good for you!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

And a typical liberal resorts to insults when they cannot carry a conversation.

My job is done....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

OMG.. this is such a stupid discussion. I feel like I am back in the classroom, and I have to tell the kids to knock it off. I said I was bowing out .. I wasn't taking a shot at anyone. I don't do that. Can we just leave it as that?

Tessylo
Professor Principal

I know you weren't taking shots at anyone!  

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Alas! This 19 minute video is disturbing to me, but only in the first "segment" outside breaking and trashing materials. The indoor struggles and confrontations are  expression par for the course.

Outside on the street, Antifa and "Peaceful Streets" violated an unofficial rule of progressivism, that is: Keep one's hands to one's self. Do no harm.

This is an appalling video compilation. Antifa makes the Klan and Neo-Nazi's appear almost dignified fornot showing their faces. That said, Antifa can not lessen the racists backgrounds and scourge that are the Klan and Neo-Nazis who are known to carry guns and sufficient ammunition on-site.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

Anyone that tries to change other peoples actions/minds through tactics made to terrorize people are by definition Terrorists. 

Regardless of the author's predilection with the 'Right', these people, masked, attack others, destroy property, etc., in hopes of achieving their goals.  They are Terrorists.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
link   Cerenkov  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

The fact they do it to suppress speech makes them terrorists. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Cerenkov   7 years ago

The fact they do it to suppress speech makes them terrorists. 

No. It makes them ignorant to our constitutional rights. Let's not confuse why I call them terrorists. And btw.. I never called them evil to my recollection. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal

To my recollection you did call them evil but I think that post has been closed now.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal

They are easily found in the forum under news and politics. 

Wheel
Freshman Quiet
link   Wheel  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Terrorism is the act of disturbing the course of daily actions

Except that it's not.

1. :   the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

terrorist

play \-ər-ist\ adjective or noun

terroristic

play \ˌter-ər-ˈis-tik\ adjective

I thought you taught school.  Surely you know better than to redefine words to suit yourself. 

By your definition bad weather, a broken water main or a wreck on the freeway are acts of terrorism.  Irma isn't a hurricane, she's a terrorist.

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Wheel   7 years ago

Obama's Homeland Security team noticed their activities, and called it. domestic terrorist violence,”

When you engage in domestic terrorist violence, you are a domestic terrorist.  

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Since well before the Aug. 12 rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, turned deadly, DHS has been issuing warnings about the growing likelihood of lethal violence between the left-wing anarchists and right-wing white supremacist and nationalist groups.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016 , authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system, ” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI.

So called "vegan ISIS"

"The Daily Show" host Trevor Noah spoke out against the left-wing "antifa" movement on Thursday, calling its adherents  “vegan ISIS.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Wheel   7 years ago

Wheel,

I used the word terrorism, not terrorist or terrorist. 

Terrorism , in its broadest sense, describes the use of intentionally indiscriminate  violence  as a means to create terror, or  fear , in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological aim. [1]  It is used in this regard primarily to refer to violence against  peacetime  targets or in  war  against  non-combatants . [2]  The terms "terrorist" and "terrorism" originated during the  French Revolution  of the late 18th century [3]  but gained mainstream popularity during the  U.S. Presidency of Ronald Reagan  (1981–89) after the  1983 Beirut barracks bombings [4]  and again after the attacks on  New York City and Washington, D.C. in September 2001 [5] [4] [6]  and on  Bali in October 2002 . [4]

There are a few key aspects of terrorism:

1. The key is the psychological impact on a populace. To do that, common civilian targets are attacked and the victims can often be random. Where there is randomness, there is uncertainty. It is uncertainty that humans fear the most.
  2. There is a political aim at the core and a point to make with a major government. Often national symbols become targets.
  3. There is no hesitation to use mass violence [typically bombing] to attain the political means.
  4. The group usually doesn't have a recognized government of its own. That is why it is called a non-state actor. Thus, they don't often adhere to many of the international norms of warfare.
  5. It is usually fought in a decentralized mode. In contrast to militia or militaries, terrorists can be anywhere and often have only loose ties with other terrorists.

BTW, that would apply to white supremacist groups, too.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

applause

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty    7 years ago

Based Stickman has taught them a lesson the hard way. They now know if they go looking for trouble they are going to find it and come out on the losing end. The Patriots are winning. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

That may be one of the six. In truth , you could post videos of all the antifa violence in America and it wouldn't take as long as it would take you to brush your teeth.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

You are right, of course, Dean.

Antifa are terrible thugs! They have been putting the entire nation to the sword... or trying to, according to our alt-right members... and they haven't managed to kill a single opponent.

Keep up the good work, Dean. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Dean Moriarty   7 years ago

Who is Based Stickman?  An alt-right person who doesn't use their own name?

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

His name is Kyle Chapman the alt knight. He is the reason the Antifa thugs will think twice before attempting another violent uprising. 

IMG_0476.JPG

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Dean is doing his best to distract from the point of the article. His flailing is kind of cute.

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
link   Dean Moriarty  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I agree with you the Antifa is not much of a threat. They failed miserably and ended up on the losing end of the stick. 

Moldylocks won't be so eager to throw bottles in the future after getting the smackdown she deserved. 

C9pSSk1U0AEgqe.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

Dean looks like he is having fun amusing himself on You Tube today. We should all be happy for him.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

"the alt knight."  How cute and noble, NOT

Tessylo
Professor Principal

P.S. Dean - who do you consider patriots?

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    7 years ago

Are there any rules about locking?

Is the seeder allowed to ask questions / issue challenges / make stuff up... and then lock before any reply can be made? 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson   7 years ago

Bob,

The owner of an article is allowed to lock an article at any time, or delete it. You are allowed to open an article if you like, and continue the discussion. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal

"We have had more articles about antifa in the past two weeks than we have had about white supremacists in the past two years.

It's all bullshit too. There is no widespread antifa threat to America. There are tens of millions of white racists."

For being such a threat, I don't know why we haven't heard of them before?  

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB    7 years ago

"Beyond the pragmatic invalidity of violence is its inability to appeal to conscience. . . .  Nonviolence is power, but it is the right and good use of power. . . .  One of the main questions that the Negro [civil rights defender] must confront in his pursuit of freedom is that of effectiveness. . . . If a method is not effective, no matter how much steam in releases, it is an expression of weakness, not of strength. . . . Only through our adherence to nonviolence—which also means love in its strong and commanding sense—will the fear in the white community be mitigated."

— Dr. Martin Luther King, "Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? (Harper & Row)

A civil rights defender must be mindful not to generate as much negative press and emotional power which serves to cancel out the proper use of good press and emotional power, thus bringing the scale total to "0."

Uncle Bruce
Professor Quiet
link   Uncle Bruce    7 years ago

Straight out of Alinsky's rules.  Deny it ever happened.  I can always count on you John to tote the Liberal dogma. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

No one is denying it ever happened.  But they are not as prolific or anywhere near the threat as the alt-right is saying, no way, no how.  That's just to throw the attention off their own racist asses.  

Squirrel!
Freshman Silent
link   Squirrel!  replied to  Uncle Bruce   7 years ago

Straight out of Alinsky's rules.  Deny it ever happened. 

JUST LIKE TRUMP who denies The Russian Collusion ever happened, even though Donny Junior keeps providing EVIDENCE and PROOF that it really did happen.  Trump will Lie and Trump will Deny.  Does that make Trump a devotee of Alinsky too?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    7 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Sixpick, you posted a video from someone who is openly anti-semitic. She is in this video when she talks about Jews controlling things. She also is in another video (start at 7:20 mark) . 

She also says she doesn't give a shit about slaves who died, chained to the bottom of the slave ships , because she didn't know them personally. She sounds like a sociopath.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

Do you consider yourself superior to this woman John? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Are you a nut case?  This woman created a You Tube channel to try and financially profit off her anti-semitism and her opposing "liberal" views about race issues.

I am surprised you didnt pay attention to the video you seeded and also look a little bit into her. The only other video of hers I looked at also has anti-semitic slurs. Who knows what the rest of her videos contain along those lines?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I was wondering what these random ranting woman videos were all about.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

I find this woman's views sick and twisted. I don't get your question to John. It's not a matter of feeling superior to her. It's a matter of her own ideology, which perverts the truth.

In fact, why did you post it? What was your point? What am I missing here?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
link   seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Oh I know why he posted it, she spends a lot of time saying there is no white privilege, and that appeals to Sixpick. What he didnt do was pay attention to the whole video and her other videos.

Also, she is trying to make money. She ends her videos asking people to send her money through pay pal and patreon.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A.   7 years ago

Do you find all of her views sick and twisted?  Do you find anything she says has any validity?  If a black person steps out of line of the collective mindset of what blacks should believe about the world around them, do you have a problem with that?

Of course even though I don't agree with everything she said and stated in one of my comments I may agree or disagree with an opinion, I'm wondering why the Left seems to believe blacks are incapable of having an individual opinion. 

You can leave this lady out of it in this case, but if I had put a video of another black person having an opinion that differed than what the Left wants them to believe collectively, I would have received the same sort of response as proven by Tessylo's comments before John put his video up, especially the token negro one and traitor to her race.  And if I had said the same thing about that woman in the video, the Lefties would have jumped on me as a racist like ants on a sugar cube.

Race seems to occupy about 90% of the left's brain and how they can use it to keep the fight on while they profess to be trying to bring people together.  Very deceptive, but very effective in accomplishing their agenda.

Now I have to go.  I wonder how many blacks and foreigners, quite a few from Africa, you white Lefties will interact with today?  Can't be too many as you spend your life on here, unless you talk to them on the phone.  On the other hand, I will be interacting with dozens of them today as I do all year long.

Try it sometime.  You'll find that not all blacks accept the Left's collective mentality.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

"Now I have to go.  I wonder how many blacks and foreigners, quite a few from Africa, you white Lefties will interact with today?  Can't be too many as you spend your life on here, unless you talk to them on the phone.  On the other hand, I will be interacting with dozens of them today as I do all year long."  

Poor, poor misunderstood sixpick?  I work with doctors and residents and medical students everyday so yes, I see lots of 'blacks' and 'foreigners', quite a few from Africa, and interact with them 5 days a week.  So I do not spend my life on here.  

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

09/08/17 11:31:26AM @ sixpick

I want to make an oblique reference to white women and their indefinite trials with The Good-Ole Boy Network. My intention is purely rhetorical for mentioning this. I simply want you to reflect on it as you consider if Mr. Sowell would tell women, all women, they have a 'victim mentality.'

Tessylo
Professor Principal

How exactly did this shyster destroy the white male privelege 'myth'?  

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB  replied to  sixpick   7 years ago

Sandra Bland Arrest Video (Both Angles)

1. Compare the "cordial" opening during which the first female arrest, er no,scratch that: The first traffic stop that clearly does NOT involve Sandra Bland.

2.  Then, observe the tenor of Sandra Bland's traffic stop and arrest.

3.  No white privilege? The video evidence says something quite different.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  CB   7 years ago

What took so long while the cop was in his car?  That racist pig son of a bitch.  When she wouldn't put out her cigarette because she was in her car - that's when he told her to get out of the car.  Bastard pointed his gun in her face  Fucking bastard.  Makes me sick.  

I cannot believe all those people driving by didn't stop or say a damn thing either.  

CB
Professor Principal
link   CB  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

09/08/17 12:20:14PM @ tessylo

I do not blame 'Joe Public' for not getting involved in a police matter. These stops can be as complex as they appear simple. It could be called interfering with an officer in the performance of his/her duties. But this.

Ms. Bland told the "good" officer she was an out-of-towner (Chicago)  traveling through his fair city. Now my question:

In the opening 'stop,' the good officer demonstrated cordiality to a fellow citizen, where was this "good" officer's display of renowned southern charm for Ms. Bland?

Tessylo
Professor Principal

no such thing as white privilege eh?  Are you black sixpick?

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

The woman in the video is.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

She's just rambling on about how she's not had any problems.  Rambling on about black folks being incarcerated for good reason?  How many black folks are in jail for committing the same crime as a white person while that white person isn't jailed?  That's a weird roadside interview.  Whatever.  

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

no such thing as white privilege eh?

White privilege is a philosophical concept derived from the ideology of postmodernism ( nonsense) and cultural Marxism's critical theory. This critical theory is directed exclusively at the freest societies that grant full and equal rights to women and minorities. It's never directed at oppressive societies, as that would be of course... "racist"

But the concept really came into its own in the late eighties, when Peggy McIntosh, a women’s-studies scholar at Wellesley, started writing about it. In 1988, McIntosh wrote a paper called “White Privilege and Male Privilege: A Personal Account of Coming to See Correspondences Through Work in Women’s Studies,”

Link to paper, know the origins of the ideas you embrace.

White Privilege and Male Privilege: A Personal Account of Coming to See Correspondences Through Work in Women’s Studies,”

Marxism and third wave feminism. like two brothers who share a "shameful" bed.

The primary target of the critical theorists was the unique Christian heritage of the West that emphasized the sacredness of human life and the inherent value of the individual . Being created in the image of God, human beings have the rationalability to discern good and evil, the moral respons ibility to choose between the two, and the potential to build a more just , equitable and humane society and culture to the extent that they operate according to the moral and ethical principles of Natural Law. Cultural Marxists understood that until these beliefs were discredited and destroyed, Western societies would never reach the state of hopelessness and alienation that was an essential prere quisite for a socialist revolution .

Critical theory is a subsection of cultural Marxism incorporating postmodern thought.

To wit: third-wave feminism is intellectually informed by postmodernism and post-structuralism , both of which challenge feminism to re-evaluate (and sometimes redefine) societal concepts including the notion of gender itself.

This critical theory is directed exclusively at the freest societies that grant full and equal rights to women and minorities. It's never directed at oppressive societies.

Nothing to be critical about?

Those claiming to be interested in equality for all, are eerily silent on the subject of modern slavery.

The routine abuse of thousands of enslaved Mauritanians, including rape, beatings and unpaid labour, should prevent the African republic from receiving US trade benefits, American labour unions have said.

Mauritania, which has one of the highest rates of modern-day slavery in the world

Nothing to be critical about?

Those claiming to be interested in women's rights are eerily silent on the subject of a 1400 percentage rise in the murder of women.

The murder of women in Turkey does not slow down. Almost every day news about the killing of women or violence against women is received from all around the country. Just yesterday four women were killed for various reasons.” (www.milliyet.com.tr, September 2, 2013)

One can easily claim that there is an obvious confusion about statistics on murdered women in Turkey. In a response to a parliamentary question, the minister of justice of that time provided some statistics which showed a 1400%  increase in women murdered in five years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

That wasn't my question.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal

So she's a traitor to her own race.  got it sixpick.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Comment removed for CoC violation [ph]

So busy seeing racism in people you hate, that you miss it in yourself.

So sad.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Comment removed for context/no violation [ph] Right.  Who are these people that I hate?  These shysters that you've provided videos for? Whatever, dude.  

Are you speaking for sixpick?  I wasn't talking to you dear.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Comment removed for context/no violation [ph]  Right.  Who are these people that I hate?  These shysters that you've provided videos for? Whatever, dude.  

Are you speaking for sixpick?  I wasn't talking to you dear.  

Whoops I thought I was dealing with sixpix - so that remark about the videos is incorrect.  Why are you speaking for sixpix NM?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Who are these people that I hate?

White people in general, and anyone that disagrees with your views on racism, hence the "Token" comment.

So you reveal it yourself.

And those statements came right out of your twisted view of humanity.

And I don't speak for Six, he is quite capable of such hi9mself as he has readily demonstrated.

But if you want a private conversation with him on the subject of your racism, you can set up a private group just for that purpose.

When you post such racist drivel in public, you can expect responses from everyone.

People who hold to your apparent belief are people without belief, just hate. Expressions of hate come in many disguises, some can appear quite rational.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'll say to you what I said to 'it is me' - are you a poor, poor, picked on white christian boy?  A small c-christian boy?  Speaking from your white privilege?  You may piss off now.  

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

It is very difficult to call out a racist on this board. the reason for that is we have a few members that just love to call everyone who disagrees with them racists.

There are three things that happen when this takes place.

#1 they reveal their hate.

#2 they reveal their biases

#3 the reveal their lack of intelligence

The reason the ability to call someone a racist directly was removed is because it was being used as a cudgel to beat down an opponent in a debate and to avoid actually having to make a case in support of their hate based upon logical reasoning.

The last part of the model is the racist usually devolves into insulting the opposition when they can't make their accusation stick. One of those "You need to understand it before I can explain it to you" type of arguments.

There is no logical basis for your position, many others have tried to make the same arguments over and over and they have devolved EVERY SINGLE TIME to insulting their opposition with the same exact insults you are using here.

Basically when it gets to the insult point, the racist has been exposed and it is clear who it is.

That's kinda why the blind accusing people of being racist is against policy here.

Discussing racism is allowable, and with the members here you have better be wearing your big girl panties, we are.

This is why you don't see much racist accusing going on here. it was being used to destroy discussion instead of build discussion.

Have a nice day.

Tessylo
Professor Principal

Why the fuck would I hate white people.  I'm white.  You make no sense. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Tessylo   7 years ago

@tessylo

Your vocabulary is very domesticated i.e. preferring foul language to get your message across.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
link   Tessylo  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

Who asked you?

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide

Why the fuck would I hate white people.  I'm white.

Racism knows no skin color, from either side.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal

In theory, one could expect that any skin color might invent skin colored prejudice against a different "race".

In historical practice in the United States, it has been almost entirely "whites" being racist against "coloreds".

Let's not invent false equivalencies.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  JohnRussell   7 years ago

And there has never been any racism in the opposite direction.

Black against White?

kpr37
Professor Silent
link   kpr37  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

And there has never been any racism in the opposite direction.

That is just crazy talk!!! I mean it's not like they are talking about eliminating the white race in a semi-academic setting like Harvard Magazine or something. Get a grip dude,  please. There is no "black KKK"*(&%^)*(*&

The goal of abolishing the white race is on its face so desirable that some may find it hard to believe that it could incur any opposition other than from committed white supremacists . Of course we expected bewilderment from people who still think of race as biology. We frequently get letters accusing us of being "racists," just like the KKK, and have even been called a "hate group." ...

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave  replied to  Nowhere Man   7 years ago

@nowhere-man

Of course there has and I am living proof of it,

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
link   Nowhere Man  replied to  magnoliaave   7 years ago

I know there has sweets, just trying to get John to admit it.

It's one of the eternal questions of NT.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
link   magnoliaave    7 years ago

When one agrees to enter into discussion on a public forum anyone can respond....hence, my response to your rude vocabulary.