╌>

The Classic Cinema group now features watchable classic films

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  7 years ago  •  9 comments

Thanks to the Nowhere Man you can now watch selected classic movies at the Classic Cinema group.  They have been skillfully embedded and even I, being on the other side of the world with limited internet capability and an old junky computer can watch them without buffering or stuttering - a clean watch right through.

New movies will be posted regularly, and requests will be considered. The movies that are posted now are "Cool Hand Luke" , featuring Paul Newman and George Kennedy, and "Meetings With Remarkable Men" being a rather esoteric biographical movie about the early years of the mystic George Ivanovitch Gurdjieff - the scenery in Afghanistan is amazingly depicted. Although he plays the part of a Russian Prince, not Gurdjieff, the reclusive actor Terrance Stamp appears in a fair amount of the movie.

If you enjoy classic movies, then don't be shy, come over to the group and watch them. Take a break from arguing about politics - it will be good for your health.  While you're there, browse through the many articles on the front group page and the group archives. You are bound to see something that you will enjoy reading.  Membership in the group is open and free - just apply and you're automatically accepted as a member.

Here is a link that will take you directly to Cool Hand Luke:

https://thenewstalkers.com/buzz-of-the-orient/group_discuss/4326/cool-hand-luke-1967

Your Classic Cinema impressario: Buzz of the Orient

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

If the link in the article above did not work, try this one:

and if it didn't work, then copy and paste it into your browser.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     7 years ago

And to make it more enjoyable I have the popcorn, candy and drink concession. All NT members will enjoy ''free'', yes I said free goodies from the concession stand. 

What a great idea, I just watched ''Rabbit Proof Fence'' that NWM posted on an article. 

Cool Hand Luke, a great movie...''What we have here is a failure to communicate.''

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
3  Nowhere Man    7 years ago

thumbs up

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
4  Dowser    7 years ago

Wonderful news!  Thank you!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

I would appreciate it if everyone who watches a movie would post a comment, at least a word or two, in the comment window under the movie article to indicate that they did watch the movie, whether they liked it or not so NWM and I would know whether or not it's worthwhile to continue posting movies. As well, please come up with suggestions of classic movies you would like to watch, as the ones posted might get changed every week.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     7 years ago

I'll be watching Cool Hand Luke later tonight or in the morning. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
8  Kavika     7 years ago

I watched Cool Hand Luke for around the 5th or 6th time and enjoyed every minute of it again. 

Eggs and a failure to communicate....What could be better.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
9  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Notice to all NT Members

The movies presently being shown:

Cool Hand Luke

Pocketfull of Miracles

Meetings With Remarkable Men

will be removed midnight Pacific Time today (Oct 2)

This is your last chance to watch those movies free, and without having to download them - just click the "play" arrow at the left bottom of the movie screen (It may take a short time for it to start - but there will not be any advertising.)

Two new movies will be posted every week.