╌>

More FALL-Out!

Category:  Photography & Art

Via:  a-macarthur  •  7 years ago  •  41 comments

More FALL-Out!

Just a couple hundred more and that will do it for me and my data base (up to 2016 anyway).

1woodlandpathautumnsoutheasternpennsylvaniaagurmankin.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

2pathinapennsylvaniaforestinautumnagurmankin.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

1autumnwoodsluzernecountypennsylvaniaagurmankin.jpg

© A. Mac/A.G.

Get a Better Look at My Website

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Come walk this and other wonderful, narrow paths in nature with me … somewhere along which, if we did not begin as friends … we'd resolve that unfortunate circumstance.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    7 years ago

Awesome!

You won't believe this, but.......that was my walk down a path in the woods when we had our vacation farm.  And, there was a little spring where you could see the deer prints as it was one of their watering holes.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1    7 years ago
You won't believe this, but.......that was my walk down a path in the woods when we had our vacation farm.  And, there was a little spring where you could see the deer prints as it was one of their watering holes.

I do, in fact, believe it!

And I just posted another you might like.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.2  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @1.1.1    7 years ago

I like that one, also, but the first one is real for me.  God, I love it!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1.1.3  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1.2    7 years ago
I like that one, also, but the first one is real for me.  God, I love it!

Stay tuned … maybe I'll find a dead-ringer!

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
1.1.4  Nowhere Man  replied to  magnoliaave @1.1    7 years ago
You won't believe this, but.......that was my walk down a path in the woods when we had our vacation farm.

I believe you also mags, I had a walk just like the bottom pic I could enjoy every season as they changed right next to the house we lived in....

Heaven on earth....

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
1.1.5  magnoliaave  replied to  Nowhere Man @1.1.4    7 years ago

That's a beautiful one. 

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    7 years ago

Keep posting those great fall shots. Where I live now there's no frost, so no vivid tree leaf colours.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2  Spikegary    7 years ago

I'm headed to the lake this weekend and hope to see a lot of colors like this.  Enough to fill the senses.  Sadly, I'm closing it down for the season.......but happily will be opening it next spring......great picture, A. Mac.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @2    7 years ago

I'm headed to the lake this weekend and hope to see a lot of colors like this.  Enough to fill the senses.  Sadly, I'm closing it down for the season.......but happily will be opening it next spring......great picture, A. Mac.

One day, we must go fishing together, take some pictures and break bread.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1    7 years ago

That sounds like a good plan.  Probably about 4-5 hour drive for you, I would guess, about the same for me.  I need to buy a good SLR Digital Camera.....my side job is demanding more and more product evaluations that require hi-def photos for magazine publishing....any recommendation on an affordable unit?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.2  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.1    7 years ago
I need to buy a good SLR Digital Camera.....my side job is demanding more and more product evaluations that require hi-def photos for magazine publishing....any recommendation on an affordable unit?

Depends on what you call "affordable". If you can give me a price range and the lens type … zoom, wide angle, etc., I'll give you what I think might be good choices.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1    7 years ago

I want to go!    I want to go!  I fish and fish and fish.  You don't even have to talk to me!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.4  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.2    7 years ago

Probably $500 or less, wide angle wouldn't get used too much.  A lot of detailed close up photos of various equipment, form 1.5 - 2 inch carbide studs, to the inside traction products in a trailer, a folding ramp for loading ATVs/sleds onto a pick up.  I would likely need an attached flash for those times where I need to add some light.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.5  Spikegary  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    7 years ago

talking is required, in a friendly manner. Come on over........I'm not much of a fisherman, but can talk pretty well.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.6  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.3    7 years ago
I want to go!    I want to go!  I fish and fish and fish.  You don't even have to talk to me!

Let me find a fishin' pic for you … hold on a minute …

OK … here's one …

1rainbowtroutspotsaflyagurmankin.jpg

One of my "Poster" Images

© A. Mac/A.G.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.7  magnoliaave  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.5    7 years ago

You and Mac talk and I will just fish.  I even clean my own fish right there on the bank.  Lordy, lordy, that Is fun!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.8  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.6    7 years ago

That's pretty.  I am a bass fishingperson. Actually, will fish for anything.  How about a large mouth bass?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.9  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.4    7 years ago

Probably $500 or less, wide angle wouldn't get used too much.  A lot of detailed close up photos of various equipment, form 1.5 - 2 inch carbide studs, to the inside traction products in a trailer, a folding ramp for loading ATVs/sleds onto a pick up.  I would likely need an attached flash for those times where I need to add some light.

Check this link … but get back to me before you make a decision.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.10  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.7    7 years ago
I even clean my own fish

I'm strictly "catch and release," but I'll buy a friend dinner after we've fished until sunset.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.11  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  magnoliaave @2.1.8    7 years ago
That's pretty.  I am a bass fishingperson. Actually, will fish for anything.  How about a large mouth bass?

Ever catch a 5 pound Smallmouth Bass on a fly rod!

You will never forget it!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.12  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.10    7 years ago

Catch and release for me depends on what I catch.  That's my dinner and no fish anywhere, anyhow beats my fish when it comes to dining.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.13  magnoliaave  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.11    7 years ago

Never could learn to fly fish.  I just didn't have the knack for it.  I tried and tried!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.14  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.9    7 years ago

I like the Nikon B700, possibly the B500.  I looked on Amazon and they have some pretty good 'packages'.  I have a decent Kodak Digital at home, works well, but the lens is scratched to the point of being visible in any photos.

Your thoughts?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.15  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.10    7 years ago

Actually, I'm a pretty accomplished and imaginative cook......no one leaves the camp hungry.  I enjoy putting together a nice meal for friends and family.  Last time, I made a creamy sun dried tomato parmesan chicken dish for friends.  One owns a Motel and Cabins in Old Forge, N.Y.  I was offered a job as soon as dinner was served.....

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
2.1.16  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Spikegary @2.1.14    7 years ago
Nikon B700

This should be helpful.

For how you intend to use it, the built in flash and a 60X OPTICAL ZOOM should allow you to get good macro shots.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.17  Spikegary  replied to  A. Macarthur @2.1.16    7 years ago

Cool..   I read Ken's review on it too.  Sounds like I'm close to pulling the trigger on it.  Thanks for your help on this!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Spikegary @2    7 years ago

Have fun!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.1  Spikegary  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2    7 years ago

Thank you, this will be the first trip there since my dad passed.  My mom is coming up....as us boys certainly need supervision!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.2  magnoliaave  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.1    7 years ago

It will be really nice for you all to be together.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.2.3  Spikegary  replied to  magnoliaave @2.2.2    7 years ago

Agreed, the funeral week was not fun, it was good to be with my mom and my brother, but hardly would call that fun.  The Lake is our slice of heaven.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.4  magnoliaave  replied to  Spikegary @2.2.3    7 years ago

My slice of heaven was our farm.  Darn, I miss that place.  Had a 10 acre lake to ourselves.  Don't know what got into me when we sold it.  We had leased our home in town and lived on the farm for a year after we came back from living in Mexico.  Moved back to town. Oh, well.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  seeder  A. Macarthur    7 years ago

Posted a third pic up top with a link to a better view.

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
4  magnoliaave    7 years ago

Gotta go do the dirty deed.....grocery shopping.  Y'all have a good afternoon!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    7 years ago

You must be quite a bit further north.   Color hasn't changed that much here in N Michigan yet.   It's been a warm fall.   Heck, my lawn is still green.  

I'll try to take a few shots when it does.   When the colors hit right here, it's beautiful.  

Fall is most definitely my favorite time of year.

Nona62
Professor Silent
8  Nona62    7 years ago

Great shots Mac!  ( as always)    All of these should be framed!! We don't have the beautiful Fall colors yet, but, I am looking forward to taking pic's of them when we finally get them!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
8.1  seeder  A. Macarthur  replied to  Nona62 @8    7 years ago
All of these should be framed!! We don't have the beautiful Fall colors yet, but, I am looking forward to taking pic's of them when we finally get them!

OK!

How's this, Nona?

Screen Shot 20171004 at 11.45.38 AM_edited1.jpg