╌>

Teen's Kindness Toward Elderly Man Goes Viral

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  9 years ago  •  5 comments

(Newser) Feel-good news can be hard to come by, so when Samantha-Jayne Brady stumbled upon a random act of kindness in Horwich in the UK, the 23-year-old promptly posted photographic evidence on Facebook . The act was a simple but impressionable one that resulted in more than 70,000 shares in two days: An 18-year-old shop worker walking a 96-year-old man home from the Aldi market, hand in hand, not expecting a thing in return. "I asked my manager if it was OK to walk him home and he said that was the right thing to do, so I did," college student Christian Trouesdale tells the Bolton News . "Then when the gentleman came in a week later, he asked for me and asked if I would do it again and I was very happy to."

Trouesdale admits he's normally a bit shy and doesn't know what to make of all the attention. Facebook comments include, "You see good people are still around," "Well done on your parents for raising a young man to show respect for his Elders," and, "outshines all the derogative press for young people." Brady, who works across the street from Aldi, says she was motivated to post the photo for precisely this reason: "There are so many negative stories about young people, but the positive ones just aren't seen on a large scale." But this one is already appearing in the Telegraph , the Mirror , and Manchester Evening News .

http://www.newser.com/story/205978/teens-kindness-toward-elderly-man-goes-viral.html?utm_source=part&utm_medium=iHeartRadio&utm_campaign=story

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    9 years ago

"I asked my manager if it was OK to walk him home and he said that was the right thing to do, so I did," college student Christian Trouesdale tells the Bolton News . "Then when the gentleman came in a week later, he asked for me and asked if I would do it again and I was very happy to."

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    9 years ago

That manager has not only guaranteed he now has a steady customer, but probably more will come his way because of the publicity. Sort of a different result expected from the company that fired its manager because she left $400 in the till.

Nona62
Professor Silent

When word gets out about the manager's Good Will ...business will BOOM!! (I hope so!)Smile.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Great story Nona.

I agree with Buzz, it will, as a side effect, be a boom to his business.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Not only that , when other people this young man's age hear about this, it might inspire them to do a "Random Act of Kindness themselves!)

Glad you enjoyed the story Kav!! Smile.gif