╌>

The Brilliant Carl Sagan On Why “The Illegality Of Cannabis Is Outrageous”

Category:  Mental Health and Wellness

Via:  krishna  •  7 years ago  •  2 comments

The Brilliant Carl Sagan On Why “The Illegality Of Cannabis Is Outrageous”

carl sagan cannabis hero The Brilliant Carl Sagan On Why The Illegality Of Cannabis Is Outrageous

Author, explorer and humanitarian, Carl Sagan was one of the most brilliant scientists of his time. He worked tirelessly, advocating exploration of space, human knowledge and peace on Earth. Until recently, many remained unaware that Carl Sagan was also an advocate of the  psychoactive  properties found in cannabis. . .   (Cont'd)

Much like today’s time, Sagan chose to write this paper under the pen name “Mr. X,” due to the penalties associated with coming out as a marijuana user. Throughout the piece, Sagan explores the many benefits and uses of herb and provides theories of how it might affect the human brain. Little did he know, years later, many of his ideas would be proven correct. Read the full “Mr. X” . . .  Here.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    7 years ago

Even in 1971, when this piece was written, one of the greatest minds of the 20 th  century knew cannabis had no  addictive  properties and was relatively harmless. It is mind blowing, nearly 50 years later, we are still arguing the validity and legality of marijuana.

Aside from the physical, feel-good properties of cannabis, which he mentions enhanced  sexual  experiences as well, Sagan believed it improved his mind in many different areas. His appreciation for music and art was heightened, explaining how he could feel himself become immersed in a painting or getting lost in euphoria as each part of a three-part harmony became incredibly distinguishable.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @1    7 years ago

I read Mr.X with quite a bit of interest, in an attempt to compare my own experiences with his, but his intelligence and scientific knowledge was way beyond mine, and he was so much better at describing the experiences, many of which I have also had, until I got to his description of the red traffic signal, when I burst out laughing.