╌>

Who was/is your Monster?

Category:  The Zoo

By:  trout-giggles  •  7 years ago  •  161 comments

Who was/is your Monster?

I was talking to the boss the other day and we were discussing TV shows. Not quite sure where it came from, but he asked me if I had been afraid of the dark when I was a kid. I was scared of the dark. He asked me if I got over it and when. I replied I got over it but I don't know when or how I got over being afraid of the dark.

That got me to thinking.....about the Monster under my bed. He lived there until I got a job and had to start working at night. He (it was definitely male) was scaly and had horns. He was always trying to take me to Hell. I always tried to avoid his grasp by jumping from the door onto the bed. I never made it because the bed was on the far side of the room and it was a large room.

He didn't live in the closet or was furry. I've never been afraid of furry things, but I don't like scaly things.

So...who was your Monster? Does he or she still live under your bed/in your closet/basement/attic? Was/is he/she furry/scaly/feathery? Have horns? Bad breath? Slimy? What color is your Monster?

Talk to me.

PS No politics, please

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1  author  Trout Giggles    7 years ago

My Monster disappeared when I got my first real job and I had to come home late at night. There were other scarier things to be afraid of than some red, scaly monster with horns underneath the bed

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2  Spikegary    7 years ago

Barnabas Collins.  I knew he wanted my blood............he disappeared after the series went off the air......

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @2    7 years ago

Did you ever have bad dreams about vampires?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.1.1  Spikegary  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1    7 years ago

Yes I did.  Worst nightmares I remember was after reading Stephen King's Pet Sematary.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     7 years ago

The Weendigo (Windigo) scared the heck out of me and still does...Few escape the Weendigo. I'm one of the lucky ones thus far.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    7 years ago

He's furry, isn't he?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @3.1    7 years ago

No, not furry at all. 

Here is a description of the Weendigo.

The Wendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tightly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Wendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Wendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.

Now if that doesn't scare the hell out of one, then they are probably a Weendigo themselves.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.2  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    7 years ago

That would definitely give me the heebie jeebies

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    7 years ago

Damn Kavika - I told you not to describe my former "Mother-in-law" on the public forum.  Now nobody will marry my ex-wife laughing dude laughing dude laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    7 years ago

To make things even worse, at first a slight breeze would start followed by fog, a horrible smell and intense cold, as the wind picked up, the Weendigo would come out of the fog looking for human flesh. 

Oh crap, I just scared myself again.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Kavika   replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.3    7 years ago

OMG, tell me it isn't true...LOL

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    7 years ago

Sounds like a friend of mine.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
7  Enoch    7 years ago

Dear Friend Trout Giggles: When in my youth, I saw a television program that gave me nightmares.

I do not recall the program (or have repressed its contents).

I do recall waking up in a cold sweat, rapid heart beat, and being petrified.

That may have been the one time in my life that I was truly afraid of something.

Since then I take things as they come with a level head.

In childhood, that option isn't always open.

Live and learn, right?

Interesting topic.

Well done.

Enoch.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Enoch @7    7 years ago

I don't suppose a nuclear bomb was involved, was there?

I used to have those kinds of dreams

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Trout Giggles @7.1    7 years ago
I don't suppose a nuclear bomb was involved, was there?

I remember watching "The Day After" in 1983.  I was living on Kaneohe Marine base on Oahu at the time.  

Shortly after watching that movie, I had a nightmare that the world was ending because of nuclear warfare.  I remember accepting it pretty calmly, probably because I had been raised as an evangelical Christian and been taught that the end of the world was imminent since I was a child.

Around 10 years ago, I dreamed I was at my daughter's house in AR and an announcement came on the news that the world was ending in 15 minutes.  My daughter and I walked out to the street and joined the people who were standing silently looking at the sky.  The eerie part was that there was absolute silence and all I could think was that I would never get to see my other daughter and grandchild again.  Then I woke up.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
7.1.2  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  mocowgirl @7.1.1    7 years ago

We had a teacher who showed us films of the SALT II treaty in 6th grade. There were images of H bombs exploding and stuff. So this kid here takes all this home and makes it into a monthly recurring nightmare.

"The Day After" was scary but I don't think it was very realistic.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
8  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

So when I was a kid, maybe 2 or 3 I had this thing about putting objected into electric sockets. Obviously, my parents were very upset with this behavior and scared the bejesus out of me about them. 

So I started to have these dreams. They would start of quite nice, like looking in my closet and seeing a miniature carnaval go by ... and then.... an electrical plug would come by.. make an angry face at me using his sockets and tell me that he was "Uncle Electricity" and that he was there to kill me and would start to electrocute me. Of course I woke up... now I know it sounds funny, but you know till today, I remember the horror of those dreams. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
8.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    7 years ago

Putting my Freud cap on:

I'm thinking these dreams were the product of some cartoon you saw and forgot about. It's amazing how much garbage that goes into our heads, especially young impressionable heads, and what comes out at night.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
8.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @8    7 years ago

and you're still alive.

Yeah We were taught do not put stuff into electrical sockets except light bulbs, unless you are checking for current , then use your tongue.

lol

O the nightmares that caused...lol

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
10  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

My monsters weren't monsters at all - they were bears.  And yes, they are furry.

BBEM96S.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
10.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @10    7 years ago

Just add a little salsa.....

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11  magnoliaave    7 years ago

Rats!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  magnoliaave @11    7 years ago

I love rats. I had 2 brothers as pets and they were such loving animals. You have to get to know them. 

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.1  magnoliaave  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1    7 years ago

That's funny!

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.1.2  Freefaller  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1    7 years ago
I had 2 brothers as pets

Lol you may want to reword that response (or not)

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
11.1.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Freefaller @11.1.2    7 years ago
(or not)

I vote "or not".

That was priceless!  LOL!

As a young adult, I learned why my English teachers kept emphasizing that "clarity" in communication was important.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1    7 years ago
I love rats. I had 2 brothers as pets and they were such loving animals. You have to get to know them.

I think that perhaps you've had a bit to much to drink..911 we need a lot of coffee, stat.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  mocowgirl @11.1.3    7 years ago
As a young adult, I learned why my English teachers kept emphasizing that "clarity" in communication was important.

Now imagine how embarrassed I am, since I was a teacher.. but I do have dyslexia and taught science so my students were safe from my stupidity, LOL.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
11.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @11.1.4    7 years ago

Not enough coffee in the world will help me. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
11.1.7  mocowgirl  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1.5    7 years ago
safe from my stupidity, LOL.

You're not stupid at all.

My proofreading is not what it used to be and there are times I post and then have to edit my re-edit because what I typed is not what I meant.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.8  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @11.1    7 years ago

Same here, Perrie. I had rats as pets for years. Snow was my first, she was all white, thus the name. Second was 'Moo Moo", as she had black and white markings like a Holstein cow. She was curiosity personified. Third and last was Herbie. He was the most lovable and outgoing, and full of antics. They each had their own little personality and were a lot of company. And they loved to drive my Siamese cat bonkers. (grin)

Sophomore Guide
11.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.8    7 years ago

LOL

I had a cat, a dog and a hamster, they all got along. The hamster would not stay in his cage and the other two got used to it. He was a big hamster too. One day I was sitting on the couch all three came up and layed down with me and my wife got a picture of us. 

Ya just never know WTF is possible....lol

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.10  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.8    7 years ago

Good grief.  That makes me cringe.  How could you?

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.11  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.10    7 years ago
How could you?

Easy. They are a part of all life that lives here on Mother Earth. They are our Brothers and Sisters in the eyes of the Creator. You might be surprised that I also have had lizards, a skunk, a Monkey Owl, a Raven, spiders of various types and other creatures as pets both in and outside of my home. As well as dogs, cats, horses, goats, a pot belly pig, Guinea Pigs, chicken, ducks, geese, and lots of other types of Mother Earth's creatures.

We are all connected. To be one with Mother Earth, Father Sky and the Creator, we must also be one with all living beings in the world we all share. (smile)

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.12  Raven Wing  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @11.1.9    7 years ago

True. We had a female Border Collie who played Mother to all the other pets we had. When my Son brought home a baby rabbit from a Friend who gave it to him, Tippy immediately adopted him and became his Mother. It was a relationship between them that lasted over the years. When Tippy lost her hearing and sight as she grew older, bunny became her eyes and ears. When someone strange came around the house, bunny would lead Tippy in the direction of the noise and then paw her on the shoulder for her to bark. 

When bunny died first, Tippy was lost, and nothing we could do helped her grieving, and she finally had to be put to sleep a couple of weeks later as she refused to eat and most all her fur fell out. She was simply heartbroken and lost without her Friend. So we let her go over the Rainbow Bridge to be reunited with bunny. It was sad to lose her, but, it was more cruel to let her simply die of a broken heart. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.1.13  Freefaller  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.8    7 years ago
they loved to drive my Siamese cat bonkers. (grin)

My parents had two Siamese, based on my observations that's not a very long drive.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.14  Raven Wing  replied to  Freefaller @11.1.13    7 years ago

LOL!!! Not for some of them anyway. I grew up with Siamese cats in our family, as well as many other breeds. They each have their own personality and are sort of in a class all their own. We had two Brothers from the same Mother and Father, and they were as different as ice and fire. Hasan was a lover of outdoors and adventure, while Nakim was more laid back and happy to stay in the house and tease my Father while he tried to watch television. 

We also had a Calico that had six toes on her front paws, so we named her Twinkle Toes. When I Siamese Mother was expecting again, so was Twinkle, and they had their babies only a few days apart. When Sheba would leave her sleeping babies, Twinkle would go in and steal Sheba's babies and take them to her bed with her own babies, and wash and nurse them like her own. When Sheba would come back to her bed and find her babies missing she would pitch a bit yowling fit and go steal her babies back with much ado. Then she would wash them again to get Twinkles washing off of them. Those poor little babies were the most washed little ones, it was lucky they still had fur on them. (grin)

Krishna
Professor Expert
11.1.15  Krishna  replied to  mocowgirl @11.1.3    7 years ago
I learned why my English teachers kept emphasizing that "clarity" in communication was important.

And in written communication, even something as small as puntuation can change the meaning of a sentence:

41F-mm169GL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Eats shoots and leaves..or

Eats, shoots, and leaves!

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.16  Kavika   replied to  Freefaller @11.1.13    7 years ago

Twins?

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.17  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.11    7 years ago

I was specifically talking about sewer rats.  Did you have them as pets? 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.18  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.14    7 years ago

I am dying over here laughing at Sheba and Twinkle Toes.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
11.1.19  Freefaller  replied to  Kavika @11.1.16    7 years ago

Kinda, brother and sister but blood is where the similarities ended.  The male was big, dumb, lazy and the clumsiest cat I've ever seen, the female was the runt of the litter, hyper, mean and insane.  I knew the female for 14 yrs and it hissed and clawed at me every damn time it saw me, lol.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.20  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.17    7 years ago

NOoooo.....not sewer rats. There are other kinds of rats besides sewer rats. Much smaller and a lot friendlier. Lol!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.21  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.18    7 years ago

Yeah...it really was comical to see the two fighting over Sheba's babies. And we heard all about it from Sheba too. She would come down the hallway from the room where her bed was and give us an ear full before hoisting her tail and yeowling loudly down the hall again to regain her babies from Twinkle. It was kind of an endless process until the babies were too big for Twinkle to carry around anymore. But, the babies seemed to like the idea of having two Moms. (grin) 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.22  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.20    7 years ago

you are so patient. When I grow up I want to be just like you. :)

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
11.1.23  arkpdx  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.22    7 years ago

When I grow up I want to be just like you.   :)

I may have to get older but I refuse to grow up!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.24  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.22    7 years ago
When I grow up I want to be just like you.

Thank you. I wan't always so patient. I guess it comes with getting older and learning that not all things can happen in the time frame we prefer. (grin)

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.25  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.20    7 years ago

That's what I was talking about. RATS!  Not cute little hampsters or gerbils.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.26  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.25    7 years ago

Not all rats are sewer rats. There are tree rats, house rats, rats that live in burrows, and can be found in pet stores.

Here is a picture of a little rat that looks a lot like my Herbie. Hardly the size of a sewer rat.

cutepetrats34__700.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.27  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.26    7 years ago

Aww...he's cute!

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.28  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.26    7 years ago

Cool!  I guess that there some people who are rat people!

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.29  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.27    7 years ago

My Herbie looked very much like the one in the picture, even with the little white patch on his tummy. He loved to run all over my desk while I sat at the computer working. His cage was on a small bookcase by my desk, and I would let him out to play while I worked. He loved to steal my paperclips and hide them in his cage. I got wise when I cleaned his cage on day and saw a bunch of paperclips mixed in with the bedding. He was such a little sneak thief, but, he had fun doing it so I didn't hide them from him.   

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.30  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.28    7 years ago

There are quite a few people who do. Some even raise special breeds.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.31  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.30    7 years ago

Yes. Lab rats come to mind. The rats you can buy at pet stores for pets or food for your boa constrictor

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.32  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.30    7 years ago

Rats are so cute and snuggly, aren;t they?  So snuggly, that they will climb in the crib where a baby sleeps and nibble on them.  Adorable!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.33  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.32    7 years ago

stop already

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.34  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.31    7 years ago

Lab rats are specially bred by specific criteria, so they are not like regular pet rats. Normally, people who need rats for their snakes raise their own. Most of the rats at pet stores are for those who want to own one for a pet. But, some stores do sell them as food for boas. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.35  Raven Wing  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.32    7 years ago

I have never ever seen or heard of a pet rat doing anything like what you describe. Wild rats perhaps, but, not pet rats, no more than a hamster or Guinea pig.

However, it seems you have a personal bias against rats, and some people do. But, it is not fair to malign an entire specie of animal for what some may do, especially, when they are not of the same family.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.36  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.34    7 years ago
Lab rats are specially bred by specific criteria, so they are not like regular pet rats.

I thought so.

I see those rats at Petco and like watching them and hoping nobody is going to buy them for snake food. I had to buy crickets for son's lizard and I hated listening to them in the car on the way home

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.37  Raven Wing  replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.36    7 years ago

My Granddaughter had a large pet Bull Frog and had to buy crickets to feed it. Between the loud croaking that the big Bull Frog and the chirping of the crickets, it made concentrating on anything very hard to do, much less sleeping at night. stunned

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.38  magnoliaave  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.35    7 years ago

Duh, what is this article about?  Who is your monster?  RATS, are mine.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.39  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Raven Wing @11.1.37    7 years ago

giggle

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.40  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.38    7 years ago

then I apologize. I thought you were giving RW the business because of a personal bias on your part

magnoliaave
Sophomore Quiet
11.1.41  magnoliaave  replied to  magnoliaave @11.1.38    7 years ago

A peculiar bias?  It is called a phobia against rats.  My nightmares!  But, you kept on and on about your pet rats and how I was unreasonable where that subject was concerned.  I know I am unreasonable about that subject.  It is my personal nightmare.  My precious sister had one about snakes! 

I am finished.

Kavika
Professor Principal
11.1.42  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @11.1.36    7 years ago

Image result for funny rat memes

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
11.1.43  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @11.1.42    7 years ago

this must have been the LSD trials

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
11.1.44  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @11.1.42    7 years ago

laughing dude laughing dude

Kavika
Professor Principal
12  Kavika     7 years ago

American Indian legend is full of horrible creatures. Of course the Weendigo is probably the scariest. Here are a few more. 

Mishipeshu, the Water Panther...Never go near the water where it lives, it's much worse then Jaws...

Yee Naalolooshii ....The Skinwalker...Horrible horrible just horrible. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @12    7 years ago

Here is the Cherokee Mountain Monster. He protected the forests and all wildlife. 

Cherokee Mountain Monster demon.jpg

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13  Freefaller    7 years ago

Don't know where this one came from (I don't think it was tv or movies) but when I was young I was firmly convinced that that there was a witch hanging from the ceiling and if you didn't have a sheet or blanket covering you when you turned out the lights she would come down and get you (I have no idea what she would do then).  Oh yeah your head poking out was ok.  I got over it many, many years ago (don't know when or why) but to this day I cannot get to sleep without at least a sheet covering me (this sucks in hot weather).

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Freefaller @13    7 years ago

Welllll, as a Wiccan I can tell ya, Witches are more likely to help you than "get" you. :)

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
13.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @13.1    7 years ago

Lol where were you with that tidbit of knowledge when I was 5

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
13.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Freefaller @13    7 years ago

Welllll, as a Wiccan I can tell ya, Witches are more likely to help you than "get" you. :)

devangelical
Professor Principal
14  devangelical    7 years ago

Snakes. Slithery mother fuckers.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
15  Sparty On    7 years ago

I know i'm dating myself here but the flying monkeys from Wizard of Oz scared the shit out of me when i was a wee one.   That's a pretty dark show for it's time if you think about it.

But if i had to pick an ongoing dislike it's spiders.   Freaky little bastards with all those eye's

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @15    7 years ago

I think I might have been 3 or 4 the first time I saw the Flying Monkeys. Scared the shit out of me, too.

Ok..what is up with all you big, strong men and spiders? I like spiders. Do I have to be your spider whisperer?

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
15.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.1    7 years ago
Ok..what is up with all you big, strong men and spiders?

Not all of us, I'm personally a catch and release type.  Unless they're really fast and then unfortunately it's squish time.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
15.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Trout Giggles @15.1    7 years ago

Yeah the witch was nothing to me back then.   Reminded me of one of my teachers but the flying monkey's?   C'mon man!

Yeah, yeah i don't like spiders and for the life of me i'm not sure why someone would be surprised by that.   I mean look at the damn things.

The one that gets me is mice.   Yeah they are dirty little rodents but they are kinda cute really.   Now i know there are some women in here who are big time afraid of mice.   A significant % of women i have known in my life are.   I'm guessing in the 20-40% of them range actually.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
15.1.3  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sparty On @15.1.2    7 years ago

Mice are kinda cool and I'm not afraid of them. Although, some of them have big balls....coming out in the middle of the day to eat the dog food with the dog and cat standing right there

Sophomore Guide
16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     7 years ago

I'm not afraid of the monsters in my house. even though it had 210 teeth, 90 claws and weighs about 250 lbs.

My live in monster is a pack of 5 adult Chow Chows. As long as it's feed regularly there's no problem. lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
16.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @16    7 years ago

cute!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.2  Sparty On  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @16    7 years ago

Had a friend who had Chows, i wouldn't go in his house.

Those damn things would just as soon eat you as look at you.

Sophomore Guide
16.2.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Sparty On @16.2    7 years ago
Those damn things would just as soon eat you as look at you.

LOL That's why I keep mine well feed. I affectionately call them my monsters. 

Seriously, that's my nickname for my babies.   "My Monsters" I usually add,  "With lots of teeth and claws..lol) 

The Chow Chows I have come from great blood lines are all full AKC and pretty damn gentle.

I would not however want to mess with them as a pack and I sure dont worry about anyone climbing my back fence or getting in my home while I'm away, as the Chows have the run of it all.

I've always had and loved the Chows and have breed them for many years. I have had at least one of two Chows for about 40 years now and have never had a problem with any of mine.

The Chow Chows  I have now, I made sure were top quality when I got them because I planned on breeding them. They were not cheap. But man are they good dogs !!  I love my monsters !  lol

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
17  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 years ago

Mine was Vampires after watching the original version of Salem's Lot when it come out.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
18  Kavika     7 years ago

For those of you afraid of spiders....think about this every time you brush your hair.

Related image

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @18    7 years ago

And another to think about just before you go to bed.

Image result for funny spider memes

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @18.1    7 years ago

This one is for Trout.

Image result for funny snake memes

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.2  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @18.1.1    7 years ago

I think I will show that one to my daughter

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.2    7 years ago

You'll have to let us know what her reaction is....

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.4  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @18.1.3    7 years ago

Since I've known her for 24 years I got a good idea, but I will let you know

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.4    7 years ago
Since I've known her for 24 years I got a good idea, but I will let you know

Oh come on, that's impossible your not that old. 

Kavika get's out his abacus, nope it's impossible Trout. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.6  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @18.1.5    7 years ago

I assure you I have a 24 year old daughter. Gainfully employed and not in any hurry to make me a gramma. (I love this kid!)

But I thank you for thinking I'm too young...or maybe my comments need to mature a little! LOL

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.6    7 years ago
I assure you I have a 24 year old daughter. Gainfully employed and not in any hurry to make me a gramma. (I love this kid!)

What!!! gainfully employed, but she is a millennial. Aren't you aware that they are lazy, irresponsible, self serving.../s 

But I thank you for thinking I'm too young...or maybe my comments need to mature a little! LOL

Naw, I like your comments, always a bit of humor in them.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.8  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @18.1.7    7 years ago
gainfully employed, but she is a millennial. Aren't you aware that they are lazy, irresponsible, self serving

I know right? I screwed up I guess. I'm very proud of her and my son, both. Daughter got her BSN and now works in the NICU at the local Children's hospital. Son is in the AF and just received his first Achievement Medal for detecting a flaw that would have severely hampered the mission. He's only been in the AF for 2.5 years. It took me 4 years and a PSC move to get my first achievement medal.

And another thanks. Your comments make me smile, too

Kavika
Professor Principal
18.1.9  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @18.1.8    7 years ago

You should be proud of them. They have accomplished a lot in their lives, kudos to them and you.

I have two children, daughter an son. Four grandchildren and twelve great grand kids and I'm only 49. Now that is an accomplishment. I do not speak with forked tongue, a bit twisted at times but never forked. OK, one time I did misplace the truth, but it was a long time ago and most everyone has forgotten about it. 

Keep on smilin'...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
18.1.10  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @18.1.9    7 years ago

thumbs up

epistte
Junior Guide
19  epistte    7 years ago

I hate dogs. I was bitten by the neighbor's dog as a child and then as a cyclist, I was their bait. Snakes, spiders and other critters fascinate me.  I had a lizard as a pet in my teens.  Bees are annoying but they don't scare me. 

I also hate stupid people but that is another discussion.

Kavika
Professor Principal
19.1  Kavika   replied to  epistte @19    7 years ago

Well I never heard of such a thing...Do you have a treat for me, if you don't I get very angry. They don't call me Wiki Warrior Wonder Wiener for nothing.

IMG_0799 1.JPG

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
19.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Kavika @19.1    7 years ago

Aw, look at those eyes.  No way could anybody hate Wiki.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
19.1.2  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @19.1    7 years ago

He is so adorable, Kav. This photo makes me miss my Buster who was a miniature beagle

Kavika
Professor Principal
19.1.3  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @19.1.2    7 years ago

Wiki is 10 years old now and still as feisty as when she was a puppy. Well, she actually thinks that she's a puppy...LOL...She and Annie together are quite the pair. Constant entertainment for us. 

I'm sure that you miss your Buster. Dogs have a way of creeping into our hearts. Difficult to forget them when they walk on. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
19.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Release The Kraken @19.1.4    7 years ago

Love the photo BF....

Delgado is a survivor and deserves whatever makes him happy. Your lucky to have such a dog BF. Take good care of him.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
19.1.6  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @19.1.5    7 years ago

Awww too cute... I love sheps and he looks like such a sweetie. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
19.1.7  Raven Wing  replied to  Release The Kraken @19.1.4    7 years ago

Beautiful dog, BF. So glad that he found a loving home. Thank you. (smile)

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
20  sandy-2021492    7 years ago

I wasn't especially prone to nightmares as a kid, but I do remember my parents watching some vampire movie when I was little, and that replayed in my dreams that night.  That's the only time I remember ever running to sleep between them.

My sister swears to this day that my parents' house is haunted.  She and my mom have both heard footsteps in the attic following them through the house.  One time she and the neighbor's daughter scared themselves silly by going to visit the Civil War graveyard that was down the hill.  The talked themselves into thinking that the ghosts were pissed off by another neighbor building their house over part of the cemetery (kinda like in "Poltergeist"), and ran up the hill, went to the neighbor girl's bedroom, and slammed the door and hid.  She was always convinced that's who was walking in the attic - some Union soldier.  Mom always laughed until she heard the footsteps, too.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
20.1  Freefaller  replied to  sandy-2021492 @20    7 years ago
She and my mom have both heard footsteps in the attic

It was you wasn't it?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
20.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Freefaller @20.1    7 years ago

Nope, I swear.  Wish I'd thought of it, though.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
20.2  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  sandy-2021492 @20    7 years ago

My husband thinks my mom haunts our house

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
21  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago

Bugs and, spiders have a place in society but, that place is not in my home, if I can I'll remove them without killing them but, they give me a hard time, then it's squash and, life goes on, at least for me.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
21.1  author  Trout Giggles  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @21    7 years ago

Only spiders and snakes get that privilege in my house. Scorpions must die, however

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
21.1.1  sandy-2021492  replied to  Trout Giggles @21.1    7 years ago

Mostly, I don't mind spiders.  I've killed two black widows, though.  And one spider that actually jumped at me had to die, too.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
22  Galen Marvin Ross    7 years ago

Loved that movie, the remake was a little less likeable.

PJ
Masters Quiet
23  PJ    7 years ago

Mine wasn't a monster but a spirit.  It was a male child spirit who lived in the closet and he had been abused and murdered.  He wanted to show me what happened to him but I wouldn't let him.  He stayed in that room until I left after graduating HS.  I'm sure he's probably still there.  

Kavika
Professor Principal
24  Kavika     7 years ago

Steve Kings, ''Cujo'' OMG now that was scary.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
25  It Is ME    7 years ago

"So...who was your Monster?"

My own imagination after I lay my head down to sleep. Seems the monsters change, depending on how my day went.  stunned

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
25.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  It Is ME @25    7 years ago

No scarier was "Pet Cemetery". Moral of the story.. Don't mess with the dead of Inidans! 

It Is ME
Masters Guide
25.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @25.1    7 years ago

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
26  JohnRussell    7 years ago

When I was a kid there was a movie they used to show on the Saturday Night Fright movie on a local tv station. THE BEGINNING OF THE END

It was about giant grasshoppers (grown by nuclear radiation from a-bomb testing) taking over the world. The climax comes as they climb Chicago skyscrapers, including the Prudential building, which was the tallest building in Chicago at the time and a place where my mom used to take us to look out over the city.  

The horror!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
26.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  JohnRussell @26    7 years ago

Remember "Day of the Triffids?" and "Them"

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
26.1.1  Freefaller  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @26.1    7 years ago

Day of the Triffids is one of my favorite books, terrible movie and TV series but a great book.  Never gave me nightmares though

Tessylo
Professor Principal
26.2  Tessylo  replied to  JohnRussell @26    7 years ago

I think Mystery Science Theater 3000 did a spoof of this one - The Beginning of the End.