╌>

Random Musical Thoughts

Category:  Other

By:  hal-a-lujah  •  7 years ago  •  28 comments

Random Musical Thoughts

So, last week I went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, but there was a miscommunication and the wrong prescription was filled, so I had to return a couple days later to pick up the correct one.  Both times I went, the exacact same Muzak song was playing when I walked in.  I remembered because my brain has an annoying habit of endlessly repeating songs that I hear, for days and days sometimes.  It’s gotten so bad that I rarely even listen to music anymore, for fear that it will get lodged in my head and hover for days on top of my consciousness. But once it’s there, it’s there, so I learn to live with it as an annoying soundtrack to my life.

The song that set off the latest earworm was She’s Got a Way , by Billy Joel.  Eventually I break down and re-listen to the song on YouTube, and check out different versions to it.  It’s already stuck in my head by then anyways, so what the hell.  I came across this version that is just plain incredible.  I don’t like country music, like at all, but Natalie Maines (of Dixie Chicks) knocks it out of the park, at a Billy Joel tribute at the Kennedy Center in DC.

Feel free to post any music that is significant for any reason.  I’m doing this in the “Other” forum, because the Music Group is no longer accessible on a smartphone.  Perrie - you might want to look into that.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  author  Hal A. Lujah    7 years ago

This is another person who impressed the crap out of me.  Moriah Formica was a recent contestant on The Voice, but she was knocked out on this song.  I’m not a pop music fan in general, but she tears this shit up.  Can’t believe she didn’t advance on this one.  She is sixteen.  That’s right, sixteen.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1.1  author  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    7 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @1    7 years ago

Good thing I read this article ('cause you know how I love my music articles)... to find out that the music group is not accessible on phones. Please shoot me an email when stuff isn't working. I'll get on this right away. 

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
3  Bluestride    7 years ago

Just because I like it and it has a little Michael McDonald in it..

Bluestride
Freshman Silent
4  Bluestride    7 years ago

Oh and ...

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
5  Perrie Halpern R.A.    7 years ago

OK so like a there are these three songs that I always confuse. I like them because they all have a heavy bass thud going on and I am a bass player. Not that the riffs are amazing.. I just like the throb. 

I am going to start with my most favorite one.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.1  author  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @5    7 years ago

Cool tunes.  I think that Arctic Monkeys video might be the coolest video I’ve ever seen.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
5.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.1    7 years ago

It's very cool. I like the original idea and the clean graphics.  

sixpick
Professor Quiet
6  sixpick    7 years ago

I remembered because my brain has an annoying habit of endlessly repeating songs that I hear, for days and days sometimes. It’s gotten so bad that I rarely even listen to music anymore, for fear that it will get lodged in my head and hover for days on top of my consciousness.

That's good to know.  Maybe I reply to your comments with a song. LOL

Here's one that stuck in my head, but I really like it and play it quite often in my head.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
6.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sixpick @6    7 years ago

This is my favorite:

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
6.2  author  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  sixpick @6    7 years ago

That's good to know. Maybe I reply to your comments with a song. LOL

Confucious say, you can lead a Hal to infectious music, but you cannot make him push play.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Shepboy @6.2.1    7 years ago
" Man who stand on toilet, is man high on pot"

In China, a lot of older people are not used to western toilets, because they had always used squat toilets that are flush to the ground. I read a story about a man who broke his hip, because he fell when he tried to stand on the rim of a western toilet while doing his business. He was a man who was too high on the pot.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7  sixpick    7 years ago

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
7.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  sixpick @7    7 years ago

I like this Train song:

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  sixpick  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @7.1    7 years ago

I like it as well.  I believe he must have lungs on the other song that reach all the way down to his bowels.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
9  JohnRussell    7 years ago

Jonathan P
Sophomore Silent
10  Jonathan P    7 years ago

my brain has an annoying habit of endlessly repeating songs that I hear, for days and days sometimes.  It’s gotten so bad that I rarely even listen to music anymore, for fear that it will get lodged in my head and hover for days on top of my consciousness.

I cured myself of this very same problem by listening to my breathing. Like anything else, it's worth a shot.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
11  Steve Ott    7 years ago

November 1972, my brother and I were walking along Daytona Beach. We were trying to decide whether to stay with our dad or go live with our grandparents. 

This came blasting out of some bar on the beach. I'll always remember that moment.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
11.1  author  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Steve Ott @11    7 years ago

That’s my favorite Zeppelin song.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
11.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @11.1    7 years ago

One day when I picked up my son and his best friend at their high school, and his friend heard what I was listening to on the car radio, he said: "Wow, it's great to have a dad who listens to Led Zeppelin".

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
14  Buzz of the Orient    7 years ago

Obviously, at my age, my musical tastes are archaic compared to most NT members. I guess being an octogenarian has more disadvantages than failing health, hearing and eyesight, and losing teeth.  Guy Lombardo, anyone?

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
15  Steve Ott    7 years ago

This was my alarm clock for every day of 1990.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
16  Steve Ott    7 years ago

Ok, one more and I'll leave this alone. We moved to Odessa, TX in 1970 when I was a sophomore in high school. I have always enjoyed music and would often buy stuff just because I liked the cover art. Everyone at Permian thought I was just one weird ass sum bitch. Well, I probably am. I've never met anyone else who has ever listened to this album.

Somehow, this album seemed to personify my mood that year.