╌>

Slenderman Stabber Gets 25 Years in Mental Hospital

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  rmando  •  7 years ago  •  2 comments

Slenderman Stabber Gets 25 Years in Mental Hospital

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/21/wisconsin-teen-in-slender-man-stabbing-sentenced-to-25-years-in-mental-health-facility.html

One of two Wisconsin girls who attempted to kill a classmate in 2014 in an effort to please the fictional horror character “Slender Man" has been sentenced.

Anissa Weier, 16, was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in a mental health facility — the maximum punishment possible.

She pleaded guilty in August to being a party to attempted second-degree intentional homicide, but claimed she wasn't responsible for her actions because she was mentally ill. A jury agreed with her a month later.

FILE - In this Sept. 13, 2017 file photo, Anissa Weier, listens as former teachers testify during her trial in Waukesha County Court, in Waukesha, Wis. One of the two Wisconsin girls accused of stabbing a classmate, Payton Leuter, in 2014 to gain the favor of a horror character named Slender Man will soon learn how long she will spend in a mental health facility. A judge in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Thursday, Dec. 21, 2017, is expected to send 16-year-old Weier to a facility for at least three years after she was previously found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect. (Rick Wood/Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel via AP, Pool, File)
Anissa Weier, 16, was sentenced Thursday to 25 years in a mental hospital for her role in the stabbing of Payton Leutner in 2014. (Rick Wood/Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel via AP, Pool, File)

Waukesha County Circuit Judge Michael Bohren sentenced Weier to 25 years in a psychiatric institution, retroactive to the date of the crime — meaning she would be institutionalized until age 37.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Rmando
Sophomore Silent
1  seeder  Rmando    7 years ago

She gets locked up 25 years while one of the four scumbags that tortured the mentally challenged kid in Chicago got probation.

I guess you can see the parts of the country that actually value human life.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2  lennylynx    7 years ago

At the risk of getting the righties all freaked out, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that former President Obama IS a rather slender man! Happy