╌>

Google Has “Re-Education” Camps for Its Conservative Employees

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  33 comments

Google Has “Re-Education” Camps for Its Conservative Employees

James Damore, the former Google employee who was fired from the technology giant last year for sharing a politically incorrect memo about diversity with his co-workers, filed a suit against his former employer this week alleging that it maintains an environment hostile to conservatives.

Available for review here, the full lawsuit contains countless examples of a company culture at Google where the discrimination and persecution against those with politically incorrect or conservative views is not only tolerated but encouraged.

“Google employees have witnessed multiple instances in which hundreds of ‘progressive’ Googlers would target a single co-worker for harassment, and even potential violence, over a politicized matter, humiliating the person and sabotaging his career,” the lawsuit reads.

Filed by Harmeet Dhillon, the the Republican National Committee’s committeewoman for California, the suit also contains testimony from David Gudeman, a former Google engineer who resigned from the company in 2016, according to USA Today.

“In some of these cases, the victim of the targeted harassment campaign was expressing legitimate concerns about discrimination against Caucasians and males in the workplace as a result of political agitation by social justice activists,” the suit continues.

TRENDING: Don Jr Destroys NBC After It Claimed Oprah Was “Our President”

“As a result of this mistreatment and retaliation, many Google employees have been afraid to publicly come forward. Because of the virulent threats against them by fellow Google employees, their names are not being used in the Complaint at this time.”

The latter statement suggests Damore and Gudeman aren’t the only current and/or former Google employees concerned about the company’s culture, but rather the only ones who can afford to reveal their frustrations publicly.

The suit further accuses top individuals within Google of purposefully blacklisting certain employees because of their political views. Several managers, the lawsuit states “publicly endorsed blacklisting conservatives and actively preventing them from seeking employment opportunities at Google.”

It quotes a manager at Google named Adam Fletcher addressing conservatives he identified as “hostile voices,” to say they weren’t welcome in his company projects.

Do think Damoe will win his suit against Google?
“I will never, ever hire/transfer you onto my team. Ever. I don’t care if you are perfect fit or technically excellent or whatever,” Fletcher wrote on an internal network, according to the lawsuit.

“I will actively not work with you, even to the point where your team or product is impacted by this decision. I’ll communicate why to your manager if it comes up.”

The lawsuit makes it clear: “Google’s management-sanctioned blacklists were directed at specific Google employees who tactfully expressed conservative viewpoints in politically-charged debates.”

According to the suit, not only do “the blacklisting posts remain live on Google’s internal corporate network,” but the company has zero interest in preventing or stopping its employees from perpetuating such discriminatory behavior.

RELATED: NeverTrumper Admits Trump Has Done More for America Than He Ever Thought Possible

To be clear, the allegations cited in this post relate to just a tiny portion of the whole suit. If you read all 161 pages for yourself, you’ll find examples of Google employees proposing hiring practices that exclude white men, threatening conservatives with statement like “(I) will hurt you” and suggesting trials be held for “people who make diversity difficult,” whatever that means.

In fact, I highly suggest you read the entire document. It’s a long and tedious slog, but given how much influence Google holds as one of the most powerful monopolies on the globe, it strongly behooves you to be aware of its true — and very sinister — nature.                https://conservativetribune.com/google-hated-conservatives/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“As a result of this mistreatment and retaliation, many Google employees have been afraid to publicly come forward. Because of the virulent threats against them by fellow Google employees, their names are not being used in the Complaint at this time.”

The latter statement suggests Damore and Gudeman aren’t the only current and/or former Google employees concerned about the company’s culture, but rather the only ones who can afford to reveal their frustrations publicly.

The suit further accuses top individuals within Google of purposefully blacklisting certain employees because of their political views. Several managers, the lawsuit states “publicly endorsed blacklisting conservatives and actively preventing them from seeking employment opportunities at Google.”

It quotes a manager at Google named Adam Fletcher addressing conservatives he identified as “hostile voices,” to say they weren’t welcome in his company projects.

Do think Damoe will win his suit against Google?
“I will never, ever hire/transfer you onto my team. Ever. I don’t care if you are perfect fit or technically excellent or whatever,” Fletcher wrote on an internal network, according to the lawsuit.

“I will actively not work with you, even to the point where your team or product is impacted by this decision. I’ll communicate why to your manager if it comes up.”

The lawsuit makes it clear: “Google’s management-sanctioned blacklists were directed at specific Google employees who tactfully expressed conservative viewpoints in politically-charged debates.”

According to the suit, not only do “the blacklisting posts remain live on Google’s internal corporate network,” but the company has zero interest in preventing or stopping its employees from perpetuating such discriminatory behavior.“

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.1  cjcold  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

Good for google! Screw all conservatives and the black horse they rode in on. Why reward ignorance and hate?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago
Why reward ignorance and hate?

The only ignorance and hate being displayed here is by google and you.

No soup for either of you!

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

So in your world view it’s ok for employers to discriminate against and persecute employees over a difference of political views?  I’m glad that’s not my world.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.1    6 years ago

These big liberal tech companies from Google on down need to be exposed for their secular progressive intolerance for the views of their political opposites.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

With what Google is doing to its conservative employees and Facebook and Twitter do to their conservative members their fascism must be closely watched and publicly detailed by all freedom loving Americans.  

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.5  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  cjcold @1.1    6 years ago

Are you really proud of the fascistic collective group think that goes on in Google Management toward dissenting or diverse opinion there?  I hope this lawsuit wins trebled damages so big that the victims  of Google discrimination win controlling interest in The whole company as a result.  

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.6  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.4    6 years ago

Transfer those conservative employees to an office in a right to work state and then shit-can them.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.7  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.1.6    6 years ago

So conservative employees are due no civil or legal protections of their jobs because they are conservative?  Is that the Google Way?

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.8  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.5    6 years ago

I wonder who can afford the best lawyers. rwnj's SOL

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.9  devangelical  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1.1.7    6 years ago

Corporations are people, or have you forgotten? They should use teapublican laws and tactics to deal with teapublicans.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.1.10  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  devangelical @1.1.9    6 years ago

I hope they at Facebook, Google, and Twitter all enjoy their higher taxes this year. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

How Conservatives Are Being Destroyed by Facebook, Twitter and Google Without Even Realizing It

John Hawkins
Today, as you read this, my website Right Wing News is shutting down operations. It has been around since 2001, but became massive a few years ago because of Facebook.

Remember the mainstream media liberals going out of their minds because the Russians reached almost 150 million people with their $100,000 Facebook ad buy? In July of 2015, in just a week, the Right Wing News Facebook page reached 133 million people. Because conservatives were sharing content they were interested in, little ol’ Right Wing News (well, I guess nearly 3.6 million Facebook likes isn’t so little) was driving the same amount of web traffic as some of the biggest newspapers in America. Barack Obama’s Facebook page was 36 times bigger than our page; yet we had 7 times as many people talking about our content.

Ironically, that’s a big part of what killed the website.

You see, what Facebook giveth, Facebook can take away. So, why would Facebook want to kill extremely successful Facebook pages that its users enjoyed?

One of the reasons goes back to something I told multiple reporters during the 2016 election. I believe that all of the thriving right wing Facebook pages activated large numbers of what I like to think of as “instinctive conservatives.” You know, the sort of people who love God, guns and America, but who don’t follow politics day to day, read National Review or consume any of Milton Friedman’s books. From what I could see on Facebook, that group of people LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Donald Trump and I believe they were responsible for getting him the GOP nomination and probably even got him over the hump in states like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. I think the liberals that run Facebook came to that same conclusion.

Before the election season got into full swing, Facebook had already made some mild downgrades to reach. Afterwards, when liberal mainstream media outlets were screaming about Russian ad buys and “fake news,” Facebook systematically, methodically reduced the reach of all its pages with each algorithm change. By then, most of us understood where it was going long-term. If Facebook killed every conservative page overnight, there would be a huge outcry. On the other hand, if Facebook slowly strangled us to death, we’d fade away and would people even notice?

Yes, non-political pages were affected, too, although conservative pages got it worse and, yes, there is a business incentive to do this. When people click on a news story, they leave Facebook. On the other hand, conservative pages like Right Wing News were able to become so massive because we are putting out content an awful lot of people on Facebook want to read. That’s no longer going to be allowed in part because we’re putting out a message that the liberals who run the company don’t want out there.

In addition to that, as someone who has been working for a living in this business since 2005, let me drop a little truth bomb on you. We are now in a very oversaturated, corporation-dominated media environment. If you don’t already have a legacy website that captured traffic years ago and held onto it, huge traffic you can bring in from elsewhere, or millions of dollars to spend, your chances of getting a political website off the ground today are infinitesimal.

That gets to the heart of the biggest problem conservatives don’t realize that they have.

Social media IS the new public square. It’s the place you go when you want to reach out and find an audience.

…….Except Facebook has for all intents and purposes announced that it’s killing off pages. So much for having a conservative voice there.

As James O’Keefe just revealed in his latest sting, Twitter felt comfortable banning pro-Trump accounts and one of his unwitting sources said, “Yeah you look for Trump, or America, and you have like five thousand keywords to describe a redneck. Then you look and parse all the messages, all the pictures, and then you look for stuff that matches that stuff.” Charles Johnson, who’s a conservative gadfly, is currently suing Twitter because it admitted that he didn’t violate Twitter’s policies; Twitter just wanted to get rid of him. It’s good to know that if you’re conservative, you can spend years building up an audience on Twitter and the liberals at Twitter can arbitrarily throw you off their service because they decide they don’t like your views.

Speaking of building up an audience on a platform for years and then getting screwed, YouTube is also doing that to conservatives. YouTube arbitrarily decided that many conservative videos should be demonetized. Yes, there were profane or gross liberals demonetized as well, but just presenting a conservative point of view was enough to have YouTube cut people off. Dennis Prager’s PragerU is suing YouTube for exactly that reason. Just to give you an example of the sort of content YouTube thinks is over-the-line, here are some of the videos it demonetized: Why America Must Lead, The Ten Commandments: Do Not Murder, Why Did America Fight the Korean War, and The World’s Most Persecuted Minority: Christians. Of course, YouTube would claim that it’s not censoring the videos because it didn’t take them down. However, people are not going to spend large amounts of time and money putting together high-production-value videos if they’re not going to be allowed to make money on those videos because of their political beliefs.

Furthermore, YouTube’s radically liberal parent company Google is being sued by James Damore for targeting white men and conservatives. Incidentally, Damore was fired from Google after he wrote an internal memo for other employees to read (something that is common at Google) called, Google’s Ideological Echo Chamber: How bias clouds our thinking about diversity and inclusion. Don’t kid yourself because if you are conservative, “diversity” and “inclusion” don’t include you. If you want a more concrete example of that besides its heavily biased search engine which pretty clearly prefers liberal sources over conservative ones, the latest controversy with Google is that if you search for many prominent conservative websites, it has a “fact checking section” next to them while many sketchy liberal websites don’t.

Many of these companies effectively became monopolies because they worked hard to serve ALL of their users. Now that they completely dominate their spaces in the marketplace, their liberal political views are impacting their services. As Robert Conquest once said, “Any organization not explicitly right-wing sooner or later becomes left-wing” and that is a much bigger threat than most conservatives realize.

It’s easy to say, “Build your own social media website and compete with them,” but we’re talking about companies with billions of dollars and monopolistic control of their markets. The obvious solution would be to break these companies up or to at least acknowledge their importance to modern society and regulate them heavily, but conservatives don’t seem to be interested enough in either solution to even THREATEN to do this.

We’ve already lost the schools, Hollywood and the mainstream media. What happens when you can’t get out conservative opinion via social media because they block, shadow ban and demonetize everyone who gets any traction? What happens if they put rules in place that essentially make expressing conservative opinions something that gets you kicked off their service? You’re pro-gun? Sorry, not allowed. You don’t like gay marriage? Get out of here. Criticizing Black Lives Matter? Out of bounds! We can hope for the best, but that seems like the future we’re headed toward and it’s one that will leave conservatism weaker than ever.   https://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/2018/01/13/how-conservatives-are-being-destroyed-by-facebook-twitter-and-google-without-even-realizing-it-n2433962

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    6 years ago

Facebook, Google, and Twitter are a clear and present danger to the American people being able to express themselves on line.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1    6 years ago
Facebook, Google, and Twitter are a clear and present danger to the American people being able to express themselves on line.

Nobody is forcing you to use any of those platforms, so stop whining.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.1.1    6 years ago

First of all you will never tell me what to do on any matter or anytime.  You are not the boss of me.  Secondly, I do not use Twitter or Facebook.  As for searches, I use any alternative to Google any time I can.  I try to use Bing or Yahoo when I can.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.3  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.2    6 years ago
First of all you will never tell me what to do on any matter or anytime.

Don't complain if you don't want a reply.  A discussion is logically a 2-way street. 

You are not the boss of me.  

We are both very grateful for that.

Secondly, I do not use Twitter or Facebook. As for searches, I use any alternative to Google any time I can.  I try to use Bing or Yahoo when I can.  

So why are you whining about their supposed anti-conservative bias if you don't use those web platforms?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.4  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.1.3    6 years ago

The anti conservative bias of Facebook, Twitter, and Google is why I don’t use them.  I just look forward to their largest owners, management, and high ranking employees who implement said policies getting a nice tax increase this year.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.5  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.1.4    6 years ago

I doubt that Zuckerburg cares much about your opinions.

He is worth a few billion so he can afford it.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2    6 years ago

Blacklisting conservatives is the progressive way.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.1  epistte  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2    6 years ago
Blacklisting conservatives is the progressive way.

His claims are not proof of any blacklisting. He was fired for his failure to complain though proper channels and likely creating a hostile work environment.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  epistte @2.2.1    6 years ago

Attorney: Google Has “Re-Education” Camps for Its Conservative Employees

Joe Saunders
It’s a sure sign of a totalitarian system.

Those who don’t toe the party line on any politically sensitive topic tend not to last very long – they’re either removed or forced to change their way of thinking to match the prevailing power until diversity of thought is a thing of the past.

And when it comes to one of the world’s best-known companies, it’s a system that’s in full swing, according to an attorney suing the technology giant Google.

Harmeet Dhillon, a lawyer suing Google on behalf of James Damore, an engineer who was ousted in August after a memo he wrote criticizing the company’s “diversity” efforts went public, was a guest Thursday on “Breitbart News Tonight” on Sirius XM’s Patriot channel.

She outlined the lengths Google she said was prepared to go to enforce orthodox thinking among its employees when it comes to liberal attitudes toward the workplace.

TRENDING: Here’s Why Even Single War Correspondents Wear Wedding Rings

“From top to bottom there’s this bubble of very, very liberal groupthink that is at the same time very intolerant of people who have more traditional values,” Dhillon said.

“So, James is somebody who I would call — he calls himself a classical liberal, not necessarily a conservative, more libertarian, free-thinker type, guy who was in a Ph.D. program at Harvard after getting his master’s and decided to join Google — he was recruited there. He worked there for a few years and he got tremendously good reviews throughout his entire tenure there.”

But Dhillon said there is more to advancement at Google than technical ability.

“To get promoted at Google you have to check off the boxes prescribing to their diversity policies by attending diversity training, etc.,” she said.

“So, he went to one of these and you know it was all groupthink and it was all about how the fact that Google has fewer female engineers than male is because of bias and how everybody needs to get rid of their biases so we can achieve 50/50 parity. He [James] said ‘well wait a minute, why are we only looking at gender and these sort of characteristics? Are we thinking about diversity of thought here or are we thinking about anything else? And, you know, is your model really true?’”

After that “diversity training,” Damore and others who participated were asked to write down their reactions, Dhillon said. That’s when Damore composed the draft of what became the memo on diversity that put his name in the news – and cost him his job at Google.

As Dhillon explained it, Damore was simply asking questions – like how Google could seriously have a goal of making 50 percent of its engineering hires female when only 20 percent of computer engineering graduate are women.

“It’s their right to have that goal if they want,” Dhillon said. “They cannot achieve their goal legally by quotas, by putting men down, by shaming them, by refusing to promote them, by booing them in companywide meetings, which has been done and is described in our complaint …”

RELATED:

Breitbart Senior Editor-at-Large Rebecca Mansour interrupted to ask who was involved in the “carnival atmosphere.”

And that’s when Dhillon summarized the situation in language so strong it’s almost frightening.

“I wouldn’t even call it carnival, Rebecca, I would call it re-education camp,” she said.

(Listen to the full interview here. The “re-education camp” line comes about the 6:15 mark.)

“Re-education camps” aren’t the kind of thing we’re used to in the United States. They’re more associated with the Chinese communists of Mao, the Cambodian communists of the Khmer Rouge, or the Soviet communists under Lenin, Stalin and their successors.

They’re what totalitarian systems resort to in order to dictate the inner thoughts of the unfortunate people who are unable to escape them.

Fortunately, Google employees have a means to escape.

If the liberal machine that tried to perpetuate the Barack Obama presidency by pushing Hillary Clinton into power back in 2016, it’s a good chance American society at large would be seeing the kind of “re-education camps” being fostered that Dhillon claims Google is forcing on its employees.

And there would be no escape for Americans then. https://conservativetribune.com/attorney-google-reeducation-camps/ 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  XXJefferson51 @2.2.2    6 years ago

Re education camps are the progressive way.  

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
3  Skrekk    6 years ago

It sounds like conservatives are surprised to learn that very few if any companies (especially big companies) want bigoted and ignorant employees.    Comment removed for TOS and CoC violation [ph]

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

Another, "I am the victim!!!" article. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

First you complain about too many blame liberal seeds, now you complain about something else.  Key word here is complain.  You complain about what I seed no matter what I seed.  

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  XXJefferson51 @4.1    6 years ago

I have yet to see even one of your articles where you aren't playing the victim. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5  MrFrost    6 years ago

It's the American way...conservationism policies always damage the country. 

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  MrFrost @5    6 years ago

We might agree on that.  

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.2  Sparty On  replied to  MrFrost @5    6 years ago

Actually, a more damaging thing to this country are attitudes that intimate "always" in cases like this.    

Both political extremes are guilty of such polaized thinking and THAT is damaging..

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
5.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Sparty On @5.2    6 years ago

He probably doesn’t realize what he said in 5.