╌>

Beauty, Peace, and serenity

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  americarepublic  •  6 years ago  •  53 comments

Beauty, Peace, and serenity

Nothing like going through the mountains and discovering the unforeseen treasures that our country holds.  It’s a true reminder why Americans love her land.  It’s the reason why I am proud of her so.  When we are in that moment of being out where wilderness and human kind meet, we are no longer around all the distractions of our every day life.  Sometimes, you have to tell yourself and others just to stop, look, and listen.  For it is then when you will catch the peace, beauty, and serenity we all take for granted.

AR

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
1  author  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

F5565ED8-E73A-4FB1-B1F8-43DE58F33AD1.jpeg

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
1.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  AmericaRepublic @1    6 years ago

069010E8CE224926A8DDA48D74DE85D3.jpeg

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  AmericaRepublic @1.1    6 years ago

Way to go. That's more like it.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
1.1.2  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1.1.1    6 years ago

I wasn't paying attention enough thanks Buzz

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
2  author  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

C1EDCD342ADF4F4EA7DCEC9F640BF558.jpeg

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Nice work!

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  A. Macarthur @3    6 years ago

Thanks MacArthur been along time since newsvine I appreciate it.

AR

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.2  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.1    6 years ago

Nope never have that’s awesome looking... been through Colorado many times but not there.  Thanks for sharing.

AR

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.2    6 years ago

You're welcome AR, I hope one day you can go there.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.4  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.3    6 years ago

Sounds good to me thanks again 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3.1.5  A. Macarthur  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.1    6 years ago

I have several old slides (c. 1915) of Garden of the Gods that I restored and digitized; I will post them tomorrow.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.6  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.5    6 years ago

Nice looking forward to it

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  A. Macarthur @3.1.5    6 years ago

I would love to see them myself, I do miss a lot of what was there.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.1    6 years ago

Holy Smoke!!! That area, Garden of the Gods, is so beautiful it's almost surreal.  I can hardly believe this magnificent photo:

garden_of_the_gods_by_jawahunter003d4p9tfg.jpg

Although I've been to a fair number of places in the USA, I've missed much more than I ever saw.  Before I decided to move to China, as I was in the process of divorcing my wife, and was retired, I toyed with the idea of renting or buying a motor home to spend about 6 months driving through the USA to see what I had not already seen.  Although the choice I made did have its benefits, I could have done it 6 months later.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.9  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.8    6 years ago

Like the mixture of all the colors.... Gorgeous 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3.1.8    6 years ago

I was five minutes away from there by car when i lived there, I'd go up, park, and, then hike for the day.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.11  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.9    6 years ago

They call Colorado the "colorful state".

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.12  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.11    6 years ago

Lot of gorgeous places there that’s for sure, having the opportunity to hike that at will makes it even better.  

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.13  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.12    6 years ago

Every summer thousands come there to visit, they even go up the Cog Railway to visit Pikes Peak, breath taking in more ways than one, its 14 thousand feet up to the top.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.14  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.13    6 years ago

That’s awesome.... makes for a good workout I bet lol.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.15  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.14    6 years ago

Had the opportunity to climb Mt. Fugi once...12,389 feet to the top ... I was stationed there. It was hot as heck when we started and cold as crap at the top, pretty amazing. Good memories.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.16  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.14    6 years ago

They have a club there, it's called the "Add a man Club" every year they climb to the top of the mountain and, every year they add a man to their group, thus the name. I would love to do it but, now I would need a supply of Oxygen to make it half way up.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.17  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.16    6 years ago

Lol I hear you heck I was in shape and much younger when I took on fugi I’d probably pass out today... that’s pretty cool about the club

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.18  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.17    6 years ago

I have a friend who belongs to it, it's pretty exclusive though, you have to have some standing in the community to be asked.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.19  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.18    6 years ago

I’d believe that.... lot of areas like that too... 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.20  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.19    6 years ago

Two reasons I'd never be a member, I didn't have any standing and, I have COPD and, if I did have standing and, didn't have COPD I don't think I'd want to be a member, never could stand groups like that.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.21  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.20    6 years ago

Yeah I’m the same way... too bad regular people trying to have a good time can’t fit in unless approved.. I’m sure money makes the world go around too.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.22  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.21    6 years ago
(deleted)

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.23  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.22    6 years ago

I wanted this one,

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
3.1.24  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @3.1.23    6 years ago

Lol perfect 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.1.25  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  AmericaRepublic @3.1.24    6 years ago

I always loved that skit they did there.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4  author  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

Still trying to get used to this site lol killing me 

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1  igknorantzrulz  replied to  AmericaRepublic @4    6 years ago

u n me both

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4.1.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1    6 years ago

Lol glad I’m not alone

igknorantzrulz
PhD Quiet
4.1.2  igknorantzrulz  replied to  AmericaRepublic @4.1.1    6 years ago
Lol glad I’m not alone

steer clear of MrFrosts seed then, would be my advice

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4.1.3  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  igknorantzrulz @4.1.2    6 years ago

thanks for the heads up

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1.5  Spikegary  replied to  AmericaRepublic @4.1.3    6 years ago

Hey AR, welcome to Newstalkers.  Hope you have been well.  Nice way to start your time here!

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4.1.6  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Spikegary @4.1.5    6 years ago

Hey Spike! Good to see you appreciate that ... trying to get back into it.  Good to be back.

AR

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  AmericaRepublic @4    6 years ago

It would be helpful to know how to post photos that are big enough so that the details in them are visible.  The first photo you posted is small, but the second one is only a quarter of the size of your avatar, which is much too small for anyone to see what it is.  I will try to give you some guidance in this:

1.  If you have a photo in your computer's picture library that you would like to post, then the first thing is for you, in a window such as this one I am typing in now, to type in your heading or caption.  Then click the "Enter" key on your keyboard at least once.  That will place the photo that you will post to under the caption rather than to squeeze the caption to the side of the photo. 

2.   The options banner above the text you just typed has a little "film strip" icon in the bottom row, beside the "smiley".  Click on it and it will open a page that is entitled "Embed Local Media" that enables you to post images.  Under that title you will see some links to choose from where you will see a link with the words "Upload an Image".  Click on that and a window will open where you will see 4 groups of options.  On the one on the left, open it and click the number "512px". On the next one, open it and click the word "Normal". Just leave the third one as is, and click on the last one that says "Select an Image....".  It will open your computer picture library. 

3.   Chose the picture you want to post, and either click on it twice, which will open that picture, or else just click once and then click the link at the bottom that says "Open".  That will place your photo under your caption on your comment (or original article).  Now, the size may not be right, it could show up to be too small, or so big it runs off the right side of the page.  Click on the picture and little squares will show up on the corners of the photo.  On a picture that is so big it runs off the page, you will only see those little squares on the left side.  Place your cursor on one of the little squares, click and hold it, and you will see a diagonal line with arrows on both ends, and if the photo is too small, keep pressing the mouse and drag the square outwards until it fits the window leaving a margin of about 10-15% of the window size on the right hand side of the window.  If the photo is too big, then drag the square with the double pointing arrow towards the centre of the picture, which will reduce it to fit as I just explained.  Click outside the picture to get rid of the little squares.  Then, if you want to carry on with more text, click the "Enter" key again and it will take you to beneath the picture in order to do so.

4.   You can also use the "Copy Image" ability to post in a window if the picture allows you to copy it, rather than to save it to your library, if you place your cursor on the picture, right click, and a menu shows up that allows you to either "Save the Image" to your picture library, or to "Copy Image" (besides other options). "Save the Image" enables you to post the image into your computer picture library, and "Copy Image" enables your computer to memorize the picture to then directly paste it. You then go to the window where you wish to post the picture, making sure you have first allowed the cursor to be UNDER the text you might have posted already, and then right click the mouse again and choose "Paste" from the menu. That will put your picture there.  You then adjust the size if necessary in the manner I described in number "3" above.

You may need to experiment a bit to get it right, but it will give you the ability to post pictures that are big enough that details can be discerned. Pictures that are larger are easier to view the details in them, and are usually much more pleasant to look at.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4.2.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    6 years ago

Holy smokes thanks Buzz I appreciate that..much needed information.  I will try to tool around with it and see.

AR

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  AmericaRepublic @4.2.1    6 years ago

I just amended my comment to clarify it.  Read it again.  I would like to be able to see the second photo you pasted, which appears be less than half the size of a postage stamp.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
4.2.3  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.2    6 years ago

Will do thanks

TTGA
Professor Silent
6  TTGA    6 years ago

Nice one AR.  Glad to see that the article worked.

In Mac's Photography and Arts Group, every Thursday there is an article posted for displaying pictures and any other art work.  There's usually some fun stuff there as well as some really beautiful shots.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
6.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  TTGA @6    6 years ago

Thanks TTGA... Always liked doing stuff like this, played around with it on Newsvine... Get away from politics and chaos for a bit.  Look forward to doing a whole lot more.

AR

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
6.1.1  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  AmericaRepublic @6.1    6 years ago

look forward to the Thursday posts too appreciate the heads up

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  AmericaRepublic @6.1.1    6 years ago

You should check out all the groups for special interests like music, literature, photography, classic movies, classic and antique cars, etc etc.  You won't find the vitriol in them that pervades the politics and religion articles on the front page.

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
6.1.3  author  AmericaRepublic  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1.2    6 years ago

Will do Buzz I appreciate that 

AmericaRepublic
Freshman Quiet
8  author  AmericaRepublic    6 years ago

IMG_15021.JPG