╌>

A televangelist’s flu-season advice: ‘Inoculate yourself with the word of God’

Category:  Now Trending

Via:  larry-hampton  •  6 years ago  •  24 comments

A televangelist’s flu-season advice: ‘Inoculate yourself with the word of God’

At least 53 children across the country have died during a nasty flu outbreak that is already  one of the worst on record , even though the season typically peaks in February.

But Texas televangelist Gloria Copeland thinks there’s nothing to worry about. In fact, the minister   who advised President Trump’s campaign   says she doesn’t believe there’s such thing as a flu season.

“We got a duck season, a deer season, but we don’t have a flu season,” she said in a   video posted to Facebook   last week. “And don’t receive it when somebody threatens you with, ‘Everyone’s getting the flu!’ ”

~LINK~

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1  seeder  Larry Hampton    6 years ago

“To get a vaccine would have been viewed by me and my friends and my peers as an act of fear — that you doubted God would keep you safe. … We simply didn’t do it,” former church member Amy Arden told the AP at the time.

Copeland last week told her viewers to protect themselves with the “word of God.”

“If you say, ‘Well, I don’t have any symptoms of the flu,’ well, great! That’s the way it’s supposed to be,” she said. “Just keeping saying that. ‘I’ll never have the flu. I’ll never have the flu.’ Put words. Inoculate yourself with the word of God.”

Dig
Professor Participates
1.1  Dig  replied to  Larry Hampton @1    6 years ago
“To get a vaccine would have been viewed by me and my friends and my peers as an act of fear — that you doubted God would keep you safe. … We simply didn’t do it,” former church member Amy Arden told the AP at the time.

That reminds me of an old joke. There are probably several versions of this, but here goes...

A freakishly large rainstorm causes a flood, and a man who can't swim is forced to climb up onto his roof to avoid drowning. After a while a boat comes to rescue him, but he refuses and says, "God will save me."

Time passes and the water keeps rising. Another boat comes by, but the man still refuses help and says, "God will save me."

More time passes and the water keeps rising. A helicopter finally comes by to get him, but again he refuses and says, "God will save me."

Eventually the water rises above the house and the man drowns. At the Pearly Gates he asks St. Peter, "Why didn't God save me?"

St. Peter replies, "He sent 2 boats and a helicopter, what more do you want?"

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
1.1.1  seeder  Larry Hampton  replied to  Dig @1.1    6 years ago

That's a good one!

CB
Professor Principal
1.2  CB  replied to  Larry Hampton @1    6 years ago

I've seen this one before. By now, the IRS should have acted. But what can they do, those kinds of "institutions" would protest to high 'heaven' and call on the Constitution do defend their 'liberty'! Good catch. John Oliver did his 'homework. He caught that old deceiver's organization dead to rights.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

God gave people brains. He expects people to use them. Brains were what enabled mankind to develop the flu vaccine. Not getting the vaccine is a sin against God.

jes sayin'......

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    6 years ago

This poor excuse for a human needs a swift kick in the ass.

luther28
Sophomore Silent
5  luther28    6 years ago

I suppose I will file this under things that make you go hmmmm. Folks wonder why I prefer the company of canines.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
7  Freefaller    6 years ago

Gotta love televangelists, they're an endless source of wisdom and logic

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8  bbl-1    6 years ago

I wonder what Gloria Copeland's annual 'take' is? 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
8.1  bbl-1  replied to  bbl-1 @8    6 years ago

The Copeland's net worth is $760 million.  Jesus pays well.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
9  Phoenyx13    6 years ago

In fact, the minister  who advised President Trump’s campaign  says she doesn’t believe there’s such thing as a flu season.

obviously she has "faith" that it doesn't exist and believes it doesn't exist - so that must be the truth right, that the flu season just doesn't exist ?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
10  TᵢG    6 years ago

Her husband is Kenneth Copeland - the richest televangelist today.   This guy brags about being a billionaire (he is close but not there yet) to his flock.   The arrogance is overwhelming.   So I think this couple thinks they can say anything and get away with it.    

I wish people would use their minds (think critically) so that parasites like the Copelands would be relegated to a strip-mall church and a congregation of 20 or so.   Instead people send their money to these leeches who then fly about in their own private jets.   

Wonder if my words make it appear as though this disgusts me.   

Randy
Sophomore Participates
11  Randy    6 years ago

She can preach all she wants to TV, but I'd bet my house both her and her family all got their shots this year and are lying their asses off about it. "See! We didn't get our shots and we didn't get the flu! God almighty protected us! And he'll protect you too with our prayers for you for a contribution to our ministry of only $100! Seeing is believing! Praise the Lord!"