╌>

Chinese New Year's Day in a Chongqing Park - a Photo Essay

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  12 comments

Finally, the temperature reached 15 degrees Centigrade and the sun was shining somewhat through the mist. One of Chongqing's nicknames is "The Misty City" and it is well named. We decided to spend the afternoon at the Chongqing Garden Expo Park which is close to downtown, and it took a 3/4 hour Uber ride to get there. Well, what we discovered is that this park is so huge, with a lake and so many different gardens (which is why they call it the Garden Expo) that I'm sure we saw only a fifth at most of what was there. As well, because it was a holiday and the first warmish day of the winter, it was pretty crowded. Anyway, it was an opportunity to use my new camera and I took a lot of photos. If you have a little time to relax and watch the show to see a little bit of China, here are more than 50 pictures of what we saw.

any 1.jpg

any 2.jpg

any 3.jpg

any 4.jpg

any 5.jpg

any 6.jpg

any 7.jpg

any 8.jpg

any 9.jpg

any 10.jpg

any 11.jpg

any 12.jpg

any 13.jpg

any 14.jpg

any 15.jpg

any 16.jpg

any 17.jpg

any 18.jpg

any 19.jpg

any 20.jpg

any 21.jpg

any 22.jpg

any 23.jpg

any 24.jpg

ny x2.jpg

any 26.jpg

any 27.jpg

any 28.jpg

any 29.jpg

any 30.jpg

any 31.jpg

32.   The traditional dragon parade on the other side of the lake, but we missed the dragon dance.

any 32.jpg

any 33.jpg

any 34.jpg

any 35.jpg

any 36.jpg

any 37.jpg

any 38.jpg

any 39.jpg

any 40.jpg

any 41.jpg

any 42.jpg

any 43.jpg

44.   It is the year of the Chinese Zodiac dog, so you will be seeing a lot of dogs in the photos coming up.  Although there were a lot of Dalmations here, there weren't 100.

any 44.jpg

any 45.jpg

any 46.jpg

any 47.jpg

48.   As you can see in the misty distance, the park is close to downtown.

any 48.jpg

49.   Is that a dog or a duck?

any 49.jpg

any 50.jpg

51.   A photography gaff I should have been more careful of.  Had I moved a little more to the left to take this photo, it would not have the power line tower in the background.

any 51.jpg

any 52.jpg

53.   To see a lot more, it's necessary to spend a day at the park, so there are meals for purchase.

any 53.jpg

any 54.jpg

any 55.jpg

56.   And at dusk, it's time to go home.

any 56.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Hope you enjoyed your tour of the park.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1  nightwalker  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @1    6 years ago

Very good job, Buzz. Surprised me again, I just pictured fireworks over a park from the title, but I wasn't disappointed in the least.

Also, I think you mislead people with your titles on purpose and get a big laugh out of it.   Wink

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.1.1  nightwalker  replied to  nightwalker @1.1    6 years ago

By the way Buzz, would you mind if I steal your pics? Would like to keep this set. AND the title.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1.2  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  nightwalker @1.1.1    6 years ago

Steal away, nightwalker.  I don't copyright my photos - they're free to share with all mankind.  Think of me as a Dr. Jonas Salk who refused to patent the polio vaccine because it was the humanitarian thing to do, to share it free with everyone.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

I loved the tour of the park....It's huge and it has it's own bakery...Perfect..

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Very nice Buzz. I like all the bright colors in public spaces. That is something we don't see much in the U.S. 

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
5  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Another excellent, unique, content and visually rich photo essay by Buzz that sets NT apart from other sites!

Keep 'em coming, Buzz!

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

I take you're enjoying the new camera...

Thanks for the tour.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Bob Nelson @6    6 years ago

It's the best camera I've had since my 35mm film Canon F1 SLR, and packs as much in as that camera and all the lenses from 24mm wide angle to the heavy big 300mm telephoto I had, but this camera extends from 24mm to 720mm - twice the range, has a Leica lens, takes videos, and so many other functions from fully automatic to fully manual it boggles my mind, and the camera is a little more than half the size of the SLR.

Although I'm sure he would rather remain anonymous, I would not have been able to afford a really good camera like this one without the birthday gift from a certain newstalker.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
6.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @6.1    6 years ago
 the birthday gift of a certain newstalker.

That person will appreciate your online thanks, I'm sure.

TTGA
Professor Silent
7  TTGA    6 years ago

Very nice Buzz.  I love the way the Chinese handle color.

Regarding number 6, I see that ducks are pretty much like humans; one female with four males fluttering around her.

Reminds me of a line used by the comedian Jeff Foxworthy.  When the Olympics were held in Atlanta and they released the doves, Foxworthy said that there were 19 guys with shotguns waiting out in the parking lot to bring home some dinner.