╌>

Trump campaign emails photo of Parkland survivor, asks for donations

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  randy  •  6 years ago  •  12 comments

Trump campaign emails photo of Parkland survivor, asks for donations

Parkland.jpg

Updated 6:43 PM ET, Sun February 25, 2018

(CNN)President Donald Trump's re-election campaign used a photo of a survivor of the Parkland, Florida, shooting in an email Saturday that asks its recipients to donate money to the campaign.

The email contains a photo of 17-year-old Madeleine Wilford in a hospital bed surrounded by her family, Trump and the first lady. The President visited Wilford on February 16, two days after the attack at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, which left 17 dead.

"The nation has turned its attention to the senseless school shooting in Parkland, Florida," the email reads.

"Trump is taking steps toward banning gun bump stocks and strengthening background checks for gun purchasers," it says. "The President has made his intent very clear: 'making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority.'"

Near the end of the message, there's a link to the campaign's donations page.

RBR Stay on the subject of using a tragedy to raise money for a campaign.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Randy
Sophomore Participates
1  seeder  Randy    6 years ago

Every time I think he has bottomed out, he manages to hit a new sickening low. The creature (not man) named Trump has no soul or morals or sense of propriety or right and wrong. He is hollow except what he thinks is good for him. He is a malignant narcissist.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Randy @1    6 years ago

Are you forgetting how often the left wing scumbags have exploited children for their selfish political gain? They trot them out every chance they get to make some invalid claim about how "its all for the children"  That's all part of Rham's Rule, which is "never let a serious crisis go to waste"!

Randy
Sophomore Participates
2  seeder  Randy    6 years ago

I wonder if he was required to get the girl and her family's permission to use them in the photo for this? I mean it does mean it looks like they are endorsing him. I wonder what they're feeling about this is? The story is incomplete.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Randy @2    6 years ago

That's what I would like to know.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

"Trump is taking steps toward banning gun bump stocks and strengthening background checks for gun purchasers," it says. "The President has made his intent very clear: 'making our schools and our children safer will be our top priority.'"

I wonder if Trump is even aware that no bump stock has ever been used in a school mass shooting.  Where was this anti-bump stock Trump when Stephen Paddock gained infamy from it?  I wonder if he is aware that Stephen Paddock bought dozens of guns and thousands of rounds of ammo in the year before he killed himself and 58 people, along with injuring hundreds more, and he had zero indications of being a threat. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    6 years ago

Where was this anti-bump stock Trump when Stephen Paddock gained infamy from it?  I wonder if he is aware that Stephen Paddock bought dozens of guns and thousands of rounds of ammo in the year before he killed himself and 58 people, along with injuring hundreds more, and he had zero indications of being a threat. 

But...that's what the gun grabbers want....in addition to bannng "assault style" weapons. Why pass more gun laws when the ones already in place are ignored the authorities and law enforcement....allowing Paddock and Cruz to obtain weapons?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Greg Jones @3.1    6 years ago

Lol!  On what basis would you have determined Paddock to be a threat?  He was a self made millionaire with no criminal history, no mental illness record, and no drug or alcohol dependency.  Do a little research.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
3.1.2  seeder  Randy  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3.1.1    6 years ago

I think that buying a large amount of weapons and ammunition should raise a red flag on a background check at some point. After the purchase of a certain amount in a certain amount of time.

Unchained
Freshman Silent
4  Unchained    6 years ago

Deplorable, particularly since Trump is advocating for arming teachers in school

Krishna
Professor Expert
5  Krishna    6 years ago

"Trump is taking steps toward banning gun bump stocks and strengthening background checks for gun purchasers," i

Yup-- just as Trump was taking steps to build a wall. And steps to make Mexico pay fopr it. And leave NAFTA. And ban Muslims from entering our country. And help the Dreamers. And build our infrastructure. And..we... many, many other things.

There's a subtle distinction here-- but an important one. Trump is saying he will do a lot of things....but he doesn't actually do them.

Recently I've heard several newscasters say that if you really want to understand Trump, pay attention to what he actually does...not what he says! 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Krishna @5    6 years ago

He cant legislate. Blame Congress