Jesus and Mo: "Abortion"

women2

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

OK I admit it - The Anti-Abortion Movement has nothing to with the Bible...

Is he correct, or not?

(We retort, you decide).

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1  Colour Me Free  replied to  Krishna @1    6 years ago

My 2 cents says he is correct ... 

The Bible has become more than a tool for 'christian' living guidelines, it has been weaponized by interpretation.  As a young person I sampled various flavors of religion ... each man (never been to a church with a woman) behind the pulpit interpreted various passages completely different regarding love, hope, marriage, death even on the subject of faith itself ...

My opinion on abortion does not matter and is not based on any religious belief - it is based on what was best for me, and the choices that I made .. love my sons very much and could not imagine a world without them. 

(I am one of those shameless hussies that has 2 sons by 2 different donors : )  

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1    6 years ago

I've noticed that some people blindly follow whatever some clergyman says without thinking-- other people tend to think for themselves.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.2  Colour Me Free  replied to  Krishna @1.1.1    6 years ago

I always explained my hesitation about religion to my mom like this ... "I have trust issues, therefore blind faith is out of the question" : )

I attended a Bible study (a chapter a week starting with Genesis) at a 4 Square Gospel church  - really enjoyed it, til the 'pastor' got to the part about dinosaur bones being a conspiracy to test 'christian' faith in God and his word ... I was out the door!!!

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.1.4  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Colour Me Free @1.1    6 years ago
it is based on what was best for me, and the choices that I made

And that's exactly as it should be. You can choose not to have an abortion because no one was trying to force you to get one. There are no "pro-abortion" Americans, only pro-choice Americans who recognize it's not up to them to decide what's best for someone else's body.

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.5  Colour Me Free  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.3    6 years ago

Thanks B .. I like you too .. ; )

Judgmental people?  where?  I have not seen any on here ... : ) lol

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
1.1.6  Colour Me Free  replied to  Dismayed Patriot @1.1.4    6 years ago

Cannot argue with you..  I do not defend nor condemn - therefore I do not discuss the subject as to who is right and who is wrong (or what is the 'American' regarding the subject) it is simply a personal choice that does not / should not need to be covered by media and argued in courts of law!  It should be a private decision .. that the rest of us never hear about!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.7  Split Personality  replied to  Kathleen @1.1.3    6 years ago

in total or just at the moment?

winking

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

The Bible doesn't mention abortion. Period.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

I wonder how many people aren't aware of that fact...

There are a lot of common misconceptions about what various holy books say. 

Another example-- many people believe Muslims are forbidden to make pictures of Mohammed (PBUH). Well-- its never mentioned in the Koran-- not even once!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Split Personality  replied to  Krishna @2.1    6 years ago

because cameras hadn't been invented yet?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
2.1.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Split Personality @2.1.1    6 years ago

I think he means drawings... LOL. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

But male masterbation is a no no. Go figure?

Male homosexuality  no

Lesbians yes

You can tell the book was written by a dude. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
2.3  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

It mentions periods, period.

19 “Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. Anyone who touches her during that time will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything on which the woman lies or sits during the time of her period will be unclean. 21 If any of you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 22 If you touch any object she has sat on, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 23 This includes her bed or any other object she has sat on; you will be unclean until evening if you touch it. - Leviticus 15:19-23