╌>

Betsy DeVos Says She's 'Misunderstood,' Then Struggles To Explain Her Own Policies

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  37 comments

Betsy DeVos Says She's 'Misunderstood,' Then Struggles To Explain Her Own Policies

devosstoothy.jpg

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos had one of the most contentious confirmation hearings of the Trump administration, with two Republicans voting against her nomination. On Sunday night, she told Lesley Stahl of “60 Minutes” that she’s “more misunderstood than anything.”

However, in the very same interview, the billionaire advocate for school choice, which allows taxpayer funds for public education to be channeled to other schools, including private religious-based institutions, struggled to provide data backing up her signature issue. 

DeVos claimed that when kids opt to go to private or charter schools, public schools also improve. 

"Total moron" doesn't even begin to describe what an idiot this women is! 

(So the question for NT'ers to answer is: Whose the stupidiest person in The White House?? Betsy DeVoss? Ben Carson? Ivanka Trump? Some other one of Trump's "Not exactly rocket scientists" staff?)

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

DeVos claimed that when kids opt to go to private or charter schools, public schools also improve. Then, DeVos admitted she didn’t know if that happened in her home state of Michigan, where she has long advocated for such programs.

Here’s the exchange.

Believe me, this women's gross stupidity is unbelievable. And this I can tell you-- this women must be seen to be believed... bigly unbelievable, that I can tell you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Education Secretary Betsy DeVos had one of the most contentious confirmation hearings of the Trump administration, with two Republicans voting against her nomination.

No surprise there actually...

PJ
Masters Quiet
3  PJ    6 years ago

We need to invest in our teachers.  They are extremely underpaid.  How do we expect to attract the best educators when we pay them so little?  That is the first step to improving our educational system, imo. 

Ms. Devos is irrelevant.  She is a temporary impediment. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

The only reason she got the job is because she has money and she donated to donny dotard...those are that ignorant twat's only qualifications.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

Yup the ignorant rich bitch bought her position.  

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  Jasper2529  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    6 years ago
Yup the ignorant rich bitch bought her position.

Off Topic [SP]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  arkpdx  replied to    6 years ago
Drumpf

Off Topic [SP]

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  arkpdx  replied to    6 years ago

She was only a teenager then. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.6  Jasper2529  replied to    6 years ago

You are aware that Chelsea Clinton never worked in the Clinton Administration, aren't you?

Something tells me that it doesn't matter to you.

Well, since I didn't mention the Clinton Administration, it actually doesn't matter.

However, Chelsea did work for NBC as a "special correspondent" for almost 3 years. Pretty good gig for a youngster with minimal TV/media journalism background and experience.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to    6 years ago
But our righties are just fine with corruption.

True.

And ironically, many of Trump's supporters amongst the Evangelicals are fine with pederasty . . . 

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.8  lib50  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.6    6 years ago
However, Chelsea did work for NBC as a "special correspondent" for almost 3 years. Pretty good gig for a youngster with minimal TV/media journalism background and experience.

And Jenna Bush.  In fact, almost all Bushes.  They are a political dynasty and media personality dynasty.  I think we can all agree party doesn't matter.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.9  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @4.1.8    6 years ago
I think we can all agree party doesn't matter.

I don't know if "all" can agree, but I agree with your comment.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.1.12  arkpdx  replied to    6 years ago

And while Chelsea may not have but Jimmy Carter took advice from Amy .

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.15  lib50  replied to  Jasper2529 @4.1.9    6 years ago
but I agree with your comment.

And hell hasn't frozen.  Wow.  Thanks!  I'll take it.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
4.1.16  Jasper2529  replied to  lib50 @4.1.15    6 years ago
And hell hasn't frozen.  Wow.  Thanks!  I'll take it.

You and I have agreed on more than one occasion. I'm really not as unreasonable a person as some people try to portray me.  peace

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

She looks like Skeletor with a wig.

EE406811610B49199BD07AB99AAFC3FB.jpeg

9E778241B191439AB8B735084DA41E06.jpeg

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5    6 years ago

She looks like Skeletor with a wig.

True, she is ugly-- but she's also stupid.

PJ
Masters Quiet
5.1.1  PJ  replied to  Krishna @5.1    6 years ago

I don't know about ugly but I will say that her eyes freak me out.  She looks a little unstable. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

So the question for NT'ers to answer is: Whose the stupidiest person in The White House?? Betsy DeVoss? Ben Carson? Ivanka Trump? Some other one of Trump's "Not exactly rocket scientists" staff?

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    6 years ago

Trump's administration is turning out to be the most corrupt in history and that is truely saying something...

Krishna
Professor Expert
9  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

She said she was "misunderstood". 

Actually I think her problem is just the opposite-- people did indeed understand her-- and what she has been saying is causing her problems today!