[]

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
1  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

When AUTOMOBILES were WORKS OF ART!

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

And now they all look the same - clam shells. The funny thing is that the early "step down" 1950s Hudsons looked like clam shells, so they were WAY ahead of their time - would fit right in with the design of cars today.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
1.2  nightwalker  replied to  A. Macarthur @1    6 years ago

I can't imagine what they go through to get replacement parts for rebuilding one, if you want to use original parts instead of having them custom made $omewhere. Bet it's a adventure. I had problems getting parts for a 10 yr old American made pick-up.

Ahhhh, but when they're maxed out like these are, there are few modern cars that can even come close to looking that good.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
2  Dowser    6 years ago

All of these are beautiful!  I love classic cars!

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
3  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

More to come.

TTGA
Professor Silent
4  TTGA    6 years ago

Very nice Mac.  Are these also in the Classic Car group?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA @4    6 years ago

Yes … will try and post more tonight.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TTGA @4    6 years ago

The Antique and Classic Car group has been deleted. It was no longer worth my effort. 

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.2.1  TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2    6 years ago

That's too bad Buzz.  I thought it was interesting.  Guess not enough people did.  If you want to put the stuff from there in another place, there's another group that is available.  It hasn't been getting a lot of use lately but it won't get closed.  Neale was determined that it would stay open for its members any time that they needed it and I will follow his wishes.

Mac, you might find the Comment Wall over there interesting.  It'll show you what Levi has been doing lately.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.2.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  TTGA @4.2.1    6 years ago

Is that on Kilted Korner?

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.2.3  TTGA  replied to  A. Macarthur @4.2.2    6 years ago

Yep

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  TTGA @4.2.1    6 years ago

Sorry. All gone and irretrievable, Rock.  As is my Folksongs and Folklore and Classic Cinema groups.  IMO, the word "group" infers mutuality and interplay, and if nothing else, "more than one person", and other than a few groups (that I'm aware of) on NT there is little contribution and usually only by one or two members - fortunately groups like Anishinaabe and Creative Arts gets more than that.  It makes more sense to post articles for most topics on the front page forums which the majority of members seem to use exclusively.  I gave up posting teasers hoping to guide members to the groups. I sort of hoped that my going to the extreme of deleting my groups might serve as a hint for what I have to say here:

I think that if the groups, other than the few, are going to be viable, there must be not only clear guidelines but also encouragement and more front page visibility made obvious to the membership about using them more.  When I have suggested to the members how limited their interests are if they do nothing but post about Trump or religion, the reply is they don't have the time to do anything other than news and politics or religion, or else I've been told by a member whose obsession is disparaging Trump that that's what Americans are most interested in which I don't realize because I'm not an American (although that member has administered interesting groups and posted excellent articles on varied subjects).

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.5  Spikegary  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.4    6 years ago

Unfortunately, only a few of us bother going to the groups.  That's why I threw in the towel on GNW, too many peole are busy pointlessly arguing politics that will never give a thousandth of an inch on instead of seeing other stuff that is out there.

Great Photos Mac.  Have you ever made it tot he Concours De Elegance in pebble Beach?  You would have a field day-bring spare SD cards......

TTGA
Professor Silent
4.2.6  TTGA  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.4    6 years ago
that's what Americans are most interested in which I don't realize because I'm not an American

Only partly.  I think that they are mostly interested in a fight, no matter who is on which side.  I don't mind a good fight myself, but there are other things around, pictures, cooking and beautiful old cars among them (also old airplanes and boats but there aren't many articles about those at all).  A lot of those who used to be interested in the groups have left rather than put up with the constant war going on.  It's really too bad, but we'll just have to struggle on and ignore most of the childish nonsense.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
4.2.7  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @4.2.4    6 years ago

The reality regarding GROUPS and the traffic they do or do not generate, is as much logistical as it is about interest-in or lack thereof.

Although it takes only a moment or two in order to locate a GROUP, because most members are likely to access a site at its front page -- as most websites are configured so as to cause this, doing so becomes habitual and without thinking about it.

I don't believe that light traffic at a GROUP is due to lack of interest in the GROUP's theme, nevertheless, any extra steps to get to a GROUP from point-of-entry (the FP), is, IMO, a manifestation of the human tendency to find the metaphorical "path of least resistance" generally.

While a GROUP is a psychologically user-friendly idea, it's the extra step to walk over to it that keeps the traffic limited. Post an article on any given topic to the FP, and if its headline is catchy, timely, evocative and well constructed, as with THE FIELD OF DREAMS, people will come, Buzz … people will most definitely come.

My two cents.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     6 years ago

Each of the above auto's is a work of art.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
7  author  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Posted 4 more.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
7.1  sixpick  replied to  A. Macarthur @7    6 years ago

Those are some fine looking automobiles!!!

Split Personality
Professor Guide
7.2  Split Personality  replied to  A. Macarthur @7    6 years ago

Ever go to the New Hope show (when it isn't raining)?