╌>

Top 20 Old Classic Vintage Cars For Men

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  11 comments

By GlobalCarsBrands February 11, 2015

Ferrari.jpg
Men sure like their cars. A truly masculine car is one that can traditionally reach an amazing speed, have a cool design that wows girls and provides a trustworthy hobby. But not all men are fascinated by Lamborghinis, Maseratis and Ferraris. Some are more on the classic side, and it’s these ones that will be on the lookout for a old vintage car. Maybe it reminds them of their grandfathers and the time they spent strolling down the street while going to a baseball game. Maybe their dads used to pick them up from school in these unforgettable vehicles. Or maybe they simply like the smell of an old car and they’ve always dreamed of owning a classic vintage car.

Clck this link to go to the original article, and see the vintage car buff eye-candy and description comments on the cars:

https://www.globalcarsbrands.com/top-20-old-classic-vintage-cars-for-men/

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

The only ones of those particular models of the cars shown that my father owned was a 1951, then a 1952 Hudson Hornet (but sedans of different colours).

1951-1954-Hudson-Hornet.jpg

And the only one of those particular models of the cars shown that I owned was a Buick GS 350 which was a Skylark, but a dark brown coupe with a black vinyl top.

1953-1954-Buick-Skylark.jpg

Has anyone else (or their parents) had one of these particular models?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2  Texan1211    6 years ago

I must be a little too young for those models.

I remember my granddad had a Nash Rambler ( I don't know the model year, but it wasn't new when I lived with them in 1961-1963), and my folks had a 64 (I think)Ford Falcon that they ended up trading in on a Buick Skylark around 1967 or 68.

TTGA
Professor Silent
2.1  TTGA  replied to  Texan1211 @2    6 years ago
I remember my granddad had a Nash Rambler

Tex, that was my wife's first car and almost all of her father's cars.  It was inevitable, her dad was one of the bump and paint guys in their Kenosha, WI plant for almost 40 years.  What else would he buy?  I was shocked when, after we were married, he actually went out and got a Buick.

As I said, he was a bump and paint guy.  You would be amazed at what happened to those cars (and probably still does) before they ever leave the factory.  Their assembly plant was a three story building with parking for the new vehicles on the roof.  Somebody actually drove one off the edge.  Bump shop fixed it up and it was sold as a new car.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  TTGA @2.1    6 years ago

I remember my granddad' was two-tone---an aqua blue kind of and white.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

Ah, the Hudson Hornet...also known as the upside down bath tub...Love'em

The customized version.

Image result for photos of a customized hudson hornet

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

I can't see that image, but other than the Studebakers used by the driving school, the first cars I ever drove were my father's Hudson Hornets. Their step-down design, roomy interior, fantastic handling with non-power steering, and engine power made them a dream to drive.  You can laugh about their "upside-down bathtub" look if you want, but the design was not so much different than almost all cars today, even though it was almost 70 years ago.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
3.2  seeder  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @3    6 years ago

"Ah, the Hudson Hornet...also known as the upside down bath tub...Love'em"

Kavika's bathtub:

boat x 14.jpg

luther28
Sophomore Silent
4  luther28    6 years ago

Studebaker Avanti has always been on my short list, 62-63 and it still looks good.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5  Spikegary    6 years ago

I'd like one of each when I have space available....along the line of Jay Leno's Garage.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     6 years ago

One of my all time favorites. 

The Studebaker Golden Hawk.

Image result for photos of the 1959 studebaker golden hawk

Kavika
Professor Principal
7  Kavika     6 years ago

A photo of the first car that my two brothers and me, ''borrowed''. Ended up in jail over that, but it was a beauty and a real tank. Ko'd a power pole with it.

The 1941 Chevy Special Deluxe. 

Image result for photos of a 1941 chevy special deluxe 4 door black