╌>

Another Amazingly Beautiful Chongqing Park - A Photo Essay

Category:  Photography & Art

By:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  8 comments

Another Amazingly Beautiful Chongqing Park - A Photo Essay

Another Amazingly Beautiful Chongqing Park  - A Photo Essay

Yesterday was a dreary overcast day, but it was my wife's niece's day off and she took us to a park I had not seen before. I've been going to parks over the past couple of years in Chengdu and now in Chongqing that are just so magnificent. I have been sharing them with you on NT, and hope you enjoyed wandering through them with me. I just wish it had been sunny with a fluffy cloud blue sky to enhance these photos, but you may like this park as much as we did.

Get your popcorn ready, there are 50 photos.

1.  The entrance

may 10 2.jpg

2.   Beside the entrance

may 10 1.jpg

3.   An overview plan of the park - it's quite huge and we saw only part of it.

may 10 4.jpg

4.   The name of the park

may 10 32.jpg

5.   Our first view once we went through the entrance

may 10 5.jpg

6.   The pagodas on the left side of the previous photo

may 10 6.jpg

7.   And then we saw this.  It's probably the most outstanding fountain array I've ever seen, the main one probably about 150 feet high, surrounded by other "dancing" fountains.  I've stood and watched the fountain in front of the Las Vegas Bellagio Hotel, but it doesn't compare to what this array did.

may 10 9.jpg

8.   Classical music is broadcast over speakers that matches the "dancing" of the fountains.

may 10 23.jpg

may 10 74.jpg

may 10 25.jpg

11.   I'm sorry I couldn't capture the beauty of the show - it would have taken a video to do it.

may 10 13.jpg

12.   Looking back towards the entrance

may 10 12.jpg

13.   The Water Lilies are starting to bloom, the Lotus flowers will blossom a little later.

may 10 15.jpg

may 10 16.jpg

15.   The flower colours are vivid

may 10 17.jpg

may 10 19.jpg

17.   Even the people are colourful

may 10 22.jpg

18.   A bridge (not) too far

may 10 27.jpg

19.   The variety of plants seems endless

may 10 28.jpg

may 10 30.jpg

may 10 31.jpg

22.   This is one of my favourite photos of the day

may 10 33.jpg

may 10 34.jpg

24.   One should never forget to look up when going into a Chinese structure

may 10 36.jpg

may 10 37.jpg

26.   A very weird flowering bush - the flowers are about 6 inches long and hang downwards.

may 10 38.jpg

may 10 41.jpg

28.   Chongqing is not just warm, but it gets REALLY hot in the summer so there are many kinds of palm trees - winter is cold but not cold enough to snow.

may 10 39.jpg

may 10 43.jpg

30.   There are so many kinds of blossoming trees I've never seen before.

may 10 49.jpg

may 10 50.jpg

may 10 51.jpg

may 10 52.jpg

may 10 57.jpg

35.   This is one very strange tree - you can look up its Latin name on google.  The next photo is a perfect example of the genus.

may 10 59.jpg

may 10 88.jpg

may 10 61.jpg

may 10 63.jpg

may 10 64.jpg

may 10 66.jpg

may 10 69.jpg

42.   I thought that those condo apartment buildings would be a great place to move to when our present lease is up because of its proximity to this park, but common sense prevails - we now live in a much more convenient location, next to a subway station, across the road from a huge department store and supermarket, around the corner from farmer's markets selling meat, vegetables and fruit, and within a short walk of 3 beautifully wooded and landscaped university campuses.

may 10 70.jpg

43.   These two sculptures are about five feet long.

may 10 71.jpg

may 10 72.jpg

45.   I love the sound of that instrument.

may 10 77.jpg

46.   But it was a little late for tea.

may 10 78.jpg

may 10 82.jpg

may 10 84.jpg

49.  Could that be telling us it's time to go?

may 10 85.jpg

50.   We cross the frog bridge and head home for supper.

may 10 89.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  author  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Hope you enjoyed the show

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2  Spikegary    6 years ago

Very cool, the park looks like a great place to wander around.  I'd love to see the fountains in action.  Is there any way to do a video and upload it to a sharable site?  I wonder of they do anything at night with water and lights?  Thanks for taking us along with you, Buzz!

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     6 years ago

Wow, just wow what a great photo essay Buzz. Your favorite is also one of my favorite photos. 

Well done.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Very beautiful, Buzz.

When I was a kid we were told that China underwent a "cultural revolution" and destroyed much of its heritage. I'm very glad to see that that's not true and that China has preserve its natural beauty in the form of this park/garden.

The flower hanging upside down is called a trumpet flower (it's what I call it, anyway). Most varieties have a very pleasant scent but are very poisonous. The only other flowers I recognize are the foxgloves and the larkspurs

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
4.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    6 years ago

Although I've seen very little damage caused by the Red Army during the cultural revolution, I have seen some of it. However, this park was probably created after that.

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
5  Sunshine    6 years ago

Beautiful park.  Love the buildings.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
6  A. Macarthur    6 years ago

Buzz continues to "lead the league" in photo essay excellence … for content, presentation, uniqueness … and there are so many outstanding shots in this essay, it's impossible to pick a "best-in-show!"

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
6.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @6    6 years ago

Of course the fact that I have a great camera due to the help of a very generous and special friend does contribute considerably.