╌>

Former GOP Lawmaker Leaks a Washington Secret: Every Republican Knows Trump Lies

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  33 comments

Former GOP Lawmaker Leaks a Washington Secret: Every Republican Knows Trump Lies

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

JUNE 18, 2018 BY SUSAN WRIGHT

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/susanwright/2018/06/former-gop-lawmaker-leaks-a-washington-secret-every-republican-knows-trump-lies/

He’s not wrong, and more should be speaking up, because we’re reaching red alert status.

Ok, to be fair, Joe Walsh is no longer in Congress. The Illinois Republican, however, still has a voice in the political realm, as a radio host, and he’s not afraid to use it.

Former Rep. Walsh is one of those hybrid creatures that supported Donald Trump during the 2016 election, but has not held his tongue, in regards to calling out the president when he sees him in the wrong.

He definitely couldn’t still serve in Congress without showing proper party loyalty or sufficient fealty to the first official king of the GOP, Donald Trump.

I’ve ran into different people with different opinions on Joe Walsh, mostly based on his performance while in office. I’ll admit I never paid any attention to that period in his life, but I do pay attention to him now, as a pundit, and when he’s right, he’s right.

Walsh took to social media on Sunday to slam Republican lawmakers in Washington for their acquiescence to the whims of a maniac.

Tweeted Walsh:

“Every single Republican in the House & in the Senate knows, and privately admits, that this President lies all the time,” Walsh, who is now a conservative talk radio host, wrote on Twitter.

“And every single one of these Republicans is afraid to acknowledge it publicly,” Walsh said. “The Republican Party will pay a price for this cowardice.”

I believe they will. Many have left the party in disgust, seeking greener pastures with Independent candidates.

I’ve seen some say they’d just as soon vote Democrat and let the nation hit “reset” than stick with a party that rolls over and plays dead for a wannabe authoritarian, who marvels over our geopolitical foes, while alienating our allies and neighbors.

And he lies.

Back in May, several fact checker organizations attempted to get a grasp on just how often the president does tell lies.

And yes, I get it. All politicians lie. I think that’s written in the fine print of the job description.

That being said, President Trump, up to May 2018, has lied over 3,000 times!

That means he’s lying more than six times a day, every day!

Do you understand how pathological it is to open your mouth and lie more than six times a day, every day?

What’s more, he refuses to be corrected. He doesn’t say, “I was mistaken,” or even, “Let me rephrase that.”

No. He doubles down on his lies, which probably has a lot to do with why his lie count is so high.

The thing is, we can’t even blame Trump. He’s been a liar his whole life. Just ask one of his multiple wives or those small business owners he’s shafted and left in ruins.

He’s just a liar and the truth is not in him.

The problem really is with the gutless, faithless Republican lawmakers who are so afraid of losing their seats that they want challenge him on his lies.

That is reprehensible, because they’re putting us all at risk.

We can only hope that more people take notice, and if lawmakers are not listening to men like Joe Walsh, or others who are calling this president out, that they listen to the voters who put them in office.

Of course, that would require voters to shed their party politics and stand up for what is right, and at this point, I’m beginning to lose hope of politicians listening, even if enough Republican-leaning voters demanded accountability.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

When even Joe Walsh is calling you a liar, you're a liar brother. 

KDMichigan
Junior Participates
1.1  KDMichigan  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

So this is the Joe Walsh that proglibs love now? 

Even if you don't live in the Illinois congressional district he represented for a single term, you may have heard of Joe Walsh. It may have been the time he said President Obama won the 2008 election because he is a "black man who was articulate." Or the time the then-radio host was briefly kicked off air for using racial and ethnic slurs on his show. Or the time last night, when he promised "war" and warned Obama to "watch out" after the Dallas shooting.

He added: "There’s a war against our cops in this country, and I think Obama has fed that war and Black Lives Matter has fed that war. ... Obama’s words and the deeds of Black Lives Matter have gotten cops in this country killed.”

On "CNN Tonight" Monday evening, during a conversation about the standards for President Donald Trump, Rye commented that President Barack Obama "had to be the next best thing to Jesus."

After watching Rye's remarks, Walsh used his Twitter account to offer a very different view.
"We LOWERED the bar for Obama," Walsh, now a conservative radio talk show host, tweeted. "He was held to a lower standard cuz he was black."

Yeah I can see why the left would embrace his racist ass.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
1.1.1  Skrekk  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    6 years ago

Racist?  Check.    Walsh is also a homophobe and a transphobe so he checks all the important GOP boxes.    But it's revealing that more and more Republicans even on the far right are recognizing how much harm Trump is causing and recognize that his supporters are cultish.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  KDMichigan @1.1    6 years ago
I can see why the left would embrace his racist ass.

It is no more than Trump's deplorable fan base that embraces his racist ass.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2  Jeremy Retired in NC    6 years ago

Oh no!!!!! A politician lying!!!!!  The country is really going to shit now because the President does what all of his predecessors and every politician in the country does.

That's not a secret.  A politician lying is COMMON KNOWLEDGE. 

Some people really need to find a hobby.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    6 years ago

You're embarrassing yourself . 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @2.1    6 years ago

I'm not the one posting an "article" claiming that something everybody knows is a big secret.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2  MrFrost  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    6 years ago
Oh no!!!!! A politician lying!!!!!

I thought trump wasn't a politician?  Anyway...Trump lies more than the last three presidents...COMBINED. Keep on drinking that kool-aid..

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago

You are being too generous.  It is probably more like the last 10.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @2.2    6 years ago

He's a politician.  It's a given that he lies.  But for some reason Trump has your panties in such a wad that it's all you can think of.

Like I said, you need to get a hobby.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.3  MrFrost  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.2    6 years ago

You need to look up actual facts. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
2.2.4  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.3    6 years ago

You want me to look up the "facts" of something everybody knows?  

Remember that hobby thing I mentioned?  You should really get on that.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.5  MrFrost  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2.2.4    6 years ago
You want me to look up the "facts" of something everybody knows?

So you admit that trump lies over 80% of the time. Good to know. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
2.3  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @2    6 years ago
The country is really going to shit now because the President does what all of his predecessors and every politician in the country does.
That's not a secret. A politician lying is COMMON KNOWLEDGE.

Whew!  What a relief to know he is just following protocol.  How silly of me to worry about the fact that Trump has lied twice as much as his predecessors.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.3    6 years ago
the fact that Trump has lied twice as much as his predecessors.

Only twice? It seems like there times as much or more, as it does not seem like he has spoken a true word since he filled out his paperwork to run for President. And I am not sure he did not lie on that as well. $%^)@%(^

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.3.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Raven Wing @2.3.1    6 years ago

She means all his predecessors combined. Forty four previous presidents put together didnt lie as much as this one does. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
2.3.3  Raven Wing  replied to  JohnRussell @2.3.2    6 years ago

Ahhh.....thanks for the clarification. Now it makes a bit of sense. Thumbs Up 2

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

To the Press, after 18 Months of Trump

FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2018

1. Stop treating Trump’s tweets as news.

2. Don’t believe a single word that comes out of his mouth.

3. Don’t fall for the reality-TV spectacles he creates. (For example, his meeting with Kim Jong-un.) They’re not news, either. 

4. Don’t let his churlish thin-skinned vindictive narcissistic rants divert attention from what he’s really doing. 

5. Focus on what he’s really doing, and put the day’s stories into this larger context. He’s (1) undermining democratic institutions, (2) using his office for personal gain, (3) sowing division and hate, (4) cozying up to dictators while antagonizing our democratic allies around the world, (5) violating the rule of law, and (6) enriching America’s wealthy while harming the middle class and the poor. He may also be (7) colluding with Putin.

6. Keep track of what his Cabinet is doing – Sessions’s attacks on civil rights, civil liberties, voting rights, and immigrants; DeVos’s efforts to undermine public education, Pruitt’s and Zinke’s efforts to gut the environment; all their conflicts of interest, and the industry lobbyists they’ve put in high positions. 

7. Don’t try to “balance” your coverage of the truth with quotes and arguments from Trump’s enablers and followers. This is not a contest between right and left, Republicans and Democrats. This is between democracy and demagogic authoritarianism.  

8. Don’t let him rattle you. Maintain your dignity, confidence, and courage. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago

They report what many seem to want---a never-ending news cycle of how bad Trump is and what he tweeted. They report what they want to report.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
3.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  JohnRussell @3    6 years ago
Don’t believe a single word that comes out of his mouth.

Even if his tongue was notarized, I still wouldn't. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    6 years ago

I am going to have to defend the president on this 'lying thing.'

It wasn't that long ago when Donald J. Trump Jr. said to one of The Fox anchors---"My father doesn't know anything." 

So, taking the statement from the son about the father, it is simply too obvious that the president can not really lie about anything if he doesn't know anything about anything.

Makes sense, right?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago

It seems to me that Trump is of average intelligence. He's not a literal moron but he's not obviously of high intelligence either. He is a con man. 

I am sure he is a constant liar , because it is clear that he often INTENDS to lie. Something he made a mistake about can be corrected on every single news show . other than Fox, and he will come out the next day and repeat the misinformation as if nothing ever happened. 

That is lying, and he does it every day. 

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    6 years ago

Apparently my attempt at a little 'stand up comedy' is a fail?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  bbl-1 @4    6 years ago
the president can not really lie about anything if he doesn't know anything about anything

He did on his trip to Canada and admitted it.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.2    6 years ago

I give up.  I surrender.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
I’ve seen some say they’d just as soon vote Democrat and let the nation hit “reset” than stick with a party that rolls over and plays dead for a wannabe authoritarian,

au contraire mon frere

satisfaction with the way things are going? higher than any point in obamas presidency.   (13 yr high and will go higher still)

that "reset" spoke of?  already has happened and his name is trump.

trump is doing exactly what we voted for him to do. some results the left might like include but are not limited to:

black employment? record high.

hispanic employment? record high

every trump accomplishment sets a milestone to be beaten by future politicians,  or they will have to admit trump was smarter than they are.

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5    6 years ago

You didn't vote him in.  The EC did.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1    6 years ago
You didn't vote him in.  The EC did.

if ya wanna get all technical... lol

yes we voted in our state elections and then our states voted their states majority opinion which is reflected in the EC count.

so yes... we voted for trump like it or not.

how did you feel about the left wanting trumps electors to abandon him and then instead of that the EC hands hillary the all-time record for most faithless electors ever in the history of our country? (shattering glass ceilings)

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.2  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @5.1.1    6 years ago
the all-time record for most faithless electors ever in the history of our country?

my bad yo...

still... very impressive 100yr win :)

luther28
Sophomore Silent
6  luther28    6 years ago

Funny how they grow testicles when they become former lawmakers.

freepress
Freshman Silent
7  freepress    6 years ago

They all know he lies, every single sane human knows it, the problem is the enabling of those lies that create policies which hurt the American people.

Like the McCarthy enabling that went on, today Republicans are turning a blind eye to the harm they have done by accepting a known liar as their candidate and then enabling every policy no matter how harmful to the American people just to pretend that lying is not an issue.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  freepress @7    6 years ago

They all know he lies, every single sane human knows it

That was my immediate impression when I read the title of this seed.  I was like ‘secret? ... how on earth is that a secret to anyone?’

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

“Every single Republican in the House & in the Senate knows, and privately admits, that this President lies all the time,”

No shit. I mean, it is impossible not to notice his daily, blatant lies. What is actually bad is that the party of morals and religiosity is clearly totally okay with it (which doesn't surprise me, the more moral a person claims to be the bigger the piece of shit they usually are).