╌>

Trump Subverts 'Blue Wave' Election Narrative, Libs Apoplectic About the 'Red Wave'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  heartland-american  •  6 years ago  •  24 comments

Trump Subverts 'Blue Wave' Election Narrative, Libs Apoplectic About the 'Red Wave'

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

On Friday, President Donald Trump tweeted a confident prediction for the midterm elections this November. He effectively threw his hands up on immigration legislation until Republicans win a "Red Wave" in November.

"Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November. Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave!" the president tweeted.

Some have worried that Trump has given up attempting to pass legislation in Congress. I don't think that's true, but rather that this is a negotiating tactic. Democrats keep thinking they can wait until next year, when they take the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, to pass important legislation. Trump reminded them that the expected "Blue Wave" may not come to pass...

Liberals mocked Trump's word choice on Twitter.

Left-wing doctor and celebrity Eugene Gu tweeted, "Trump's Red Wave is another term for Red Tide — a toxic bloom of poisonous, neurotoxic algae that kills fish, mollusks, and the humans who eat them. Symptoms in patients include diarrhea, loss of motor control, and respiratory paralysis. Red Tide is brought about by global warming."  

Dictionary.com shared the definition of "euphemism": "The substitution of a mild or vague expression for one thought to be offensive, harsh or blunt." Then the site mocked Trump's language: "E.g. Red wave is often used as a euphemism for an occurrence of menstruation."  Using "red wave" in this way, Jessica Valenti tweeted, "I'm actually on my red wave right now."  

TMI, Miss Valenti, TMI.

Hill Reporter co-founder James Kosur proved more inventive.  

"'Red Wave' is trending. Pretty sure that's one of the signs of the apocalypse," Kosur tweeted. He then cited Revelation 16:4: "Then the third angel poured out his bowl into the rivers and springs of water, and they turned to blood."  

Rep. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) actually responded in kind, with a serious argument about politics. "Dear Donald Trump: Since your small inauguration, Dems won: AL Senate, PA Congressional District, VA Gov, NJ Gov, 43 special elections flipping districts from red to blue."  

Trump may be overconfident, and Democrats still lead in the generic congressional ballot. That said, with media and liberals out to get Trump on everything, and Democrats shifting further and further to the Left, Americans might demonstrate just how fed up they are and go red in November.

Furthermore, the Senate map this November rather favors Republicans, with many vulnerable Democrats and few vulnerable GOP senators. The Republican tax reform bill is becoming more and more popular, as the benefits become clearer, and the economy is booming.

If a "Red Wave" happens, it won't be a period or a Red Tide or a sign of the Apocalypse. It would just be a representation of the will of the American people.

Democrat Advantage for 2018 Drops 13 Points in 3 Months, GOP in Striking Distance   

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1  seeder  XXJefferson51    6 years ago

“That said, with media and liberals out to get Trump on everything, and Democrats shifting further and further to the Left, Americans might demonstrate just how fed up they are and go red in November.

Furthermore, the Senate map this November rather favors Republicans, with many vulnerable Democrats and few vulnerable GOP senators. The Republican tax reform bill is becoming more and more popular, as the benefits become clearer, and the economy is booming.

If a "Red Wave" happens, it won't be a period or a Red Tide or a sign of the Apocalypse. It would just be a representation of the will of the American people.”

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

The Dems better hope and pray that Mueller has something to impeach Trump on, and doesn't accidently find something out about Democrats colluding or the public will look at the Dems and say "WTF have you been bitching about for almost 2 years? And we like lower taxes---something Dems wouldn't do to help working class Americans."

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    6 years ago
And we like lower taxes---something Dems wouldn't do to help working class Americans."

Wonder how much everyone will like it when that bill comes due.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @1.1.1    6 years ago

The bills are due with or without tax cuts.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  XXJefferson51 @1    6 years ago

I have it on respected authority that the Republicans will lose no more than 8-9 seats in the House, but will gain 10-11 seats in the Senate. That sounds doable the way the Democrats keep self destructing. Clapping

Mueller's epic failure to find anything worth prosecuting, and the people calling for Trump's ouster, will be severely punished at the polls in November

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
1.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @1.2    6 years ago

I think you are right about the House.  In the senate a pick up of 10-11 seems too optimistic yet a filibuster proof GOP majority for the first time ever would be great!  

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    6 years ago

Such originality from the trumptard... "Well, they have the blue wave.....what, WHAT can I have as a talking point....hmmmm....I got it!!! The RED wave!!!... It makes no sense, doesn't rhyme, and sounds stupid...but hey, I could shoot someone on 5th ave. and I wouldn't lose any supporters, so this will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!". "The red wave"? Maybe he is thinking of a truly classy woman telling him to go stuff it in a meat grinder... 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

Is it really Trump's fault if complete idiots didn't know what he was talking about?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.1  lennylynx  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1    6 years ago

Trump himself doesn't know what he's talking about most of the time!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @2.1.1    6 years ago

Ans obviously complete idiots don't know what he is talking about 100% of the time.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.1.3  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.2    6 years ago

It’s just weird that they can have their blue wave as democrats and then throw a fit when we in red states and red districts and regions speak of a countering red wave.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  MrFrost @2    6 years ago

BlahBlahBlah Not Impressed

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
2.2.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2    6 years ago

Way too generous!  laughing dudeLOLGigglela de da

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3  MrFrost    6 years ago
"'Red Wave' is trending.

Hannity loves it....but then fox fake news is the propaganda arm of the GOP...so, it means nothing... LOL 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @3    6 years ago

Then why mention it?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
4  MrFrost    6 years ago

Off topic "BF"

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @4    6 years ago

Gee, Fox was pretty accurate on Election Night 2016.

You remember that, don't you?

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
4.1.1  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    6 years ago

I sure do.  I did switch to MSNBC though the moment it was clear that Trump was going to win.  That was priceless.  

devangelical
Professor Principal

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Who exactly is apoplectic about Trump saying "red wave?" I mean, I am a liberal, saw he said that, and shrugged my shoulders as I went about my day. Like who, specifically, has completely lost their shit over him saying that?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    6 years ago

It will tell you in the story who has lost their shit over something so minor, so inconsequential. If anyone other than Trump says it, it is a nothing burger. Now, because it was Trump, it is some sort of crisis and some imagined knock on women.

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Thrawn 31 @6    6 years ago

Read the article and you would see who is having a fit over talk of a red wave instead of a blue one.  

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
6.2.1  Greg Jones  replied to  XXJefferson51 @6.2    6 years ago

You can see how upset and and concerned aboutthis latest example of fake non news. Eye Roll

XXJefferson51
Senior Guide
6.2.2  seeder  XXJefferson51  replied to  Greg Jones @6.2.1    6 years ago

Oh well, seeing the left being upset is in itself a positive thing.  la de da