By:  hal-a-lujah  •  6 years ago  •  7 comments

This Christian has no love for Sarah Silverman

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
1  author  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

... and certainly has no sense of humor.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

I'd appreciate your using a more accurate label, something like "self-styled Christian". When a person's behavior so clearly violates Christ's teachings, they are not Christians, regardless of what they call themselves.

You are tarring everyone who calls themself a Christian with one very large brush.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
2.1  author  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Bob Nelson @2    6 years ago

Bob, all that is required to be a Christian is to believe that Jesus is the son of God, born of a virgin, and died for the sins of all humanity.  He meets that most basic of criteria.  Even those people who you would classify as Christians have no doubt said and done things at some point in their lives that fall outside of your idealized version of a Christian.  This guy would be outraged at the notion that he is not a Christian, as would the flock people who tirelessly come to listen to him every weekend.  I have tarred no one.  If anyone is guilty of tarring, it’s Adam Fanning.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
2.1.1  Bob Nelson  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @2.1    6 years ago
... all that is required to be a Christian is to believe that Jesus is the son of God, born of a virgin, and died for the sins of all humanity.

That's a rule (Nicene Creed) that was invented a couple centuries later under the auspices of the Roman emperor. Not for me, thanks

Christ gave us ONE commandment, "Love God and your fellows". Recognizing and attempting to follow that commandment is the minimum qualification.

IMNAAHO, this is important because it clearly sets this Baptist preacher outside.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
3  SteevieGee    6 years ago

So...  We have a Christian who doesn't like a Jew?  This is news?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  SteevieGee @3    6 years ago

The guy sounds like a Muslim jihadist.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
4  nightwalker    6 years ago

Watched 48 seconds, figured I had enough. I'm sure he got to add a few members to his flock and that's all that matters. I'm not a big Silverman fan but she's a COMEDIAN, a person who's going for the laughs, not like this ape who wants to get enough people under his thumb to make a good living.

A hate salesman.