╌>

What is your favorite Animal?

Category:  Pets & Animals

By:  kathleen  •  6 years ago  •  143 comments

What is your favorite Animal?

Hello everyone, 

Tell us what animal you like the most and why.

Mine would be elephants.  I always liked the trunk and big ears.

Everyone is welcome, please be civil and stay on the topic, no politics, religion or any other strong topics.  Pleasant conversation is welcome.

I will tally up the animals to see what is the number one pick.

So lets relax from all the other subjects and have some fun!Laugh

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

sixpick
Professor Quiet
2  sixpick    6 years ago

My favorite animal doesn't bite me, so I guess I am unable to chose just one.

charger 383
Professor Silent
3  charger 383    6 years ago

Doberman Dogs and Elephants 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     6 years ago

My favorite ani mule (yes mule cuz she is as stubborn as a mule) is Wiki Warrior Wonder Wiener. 

IMG_0799 1.JPG

Enoch
Masters Quiet
4.2  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago

Dear Brother Kavika: Super pic of Hebrew Nat.

E.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Enoch @4.2    6 years ago

Of late she has been demanding kosher kibble, niijii....

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Kavika @4.2.1    6 years ago

OMG what a great pic! She's adogable!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4.2.2    6 years ago

She is sweet!

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.3  arkpdx  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago

Kavika,  I am the loyal lackey to Waldo D. Basset. Trust me you don't know stubborn until you have become the slave of a basset. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
4.4  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @4    6 years ago

Wiki Rules!! thumbs up

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.4.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Raven Wing @4.4    6 years ago
Wiki Rules!!

I imagine that Wiki has a lot of rules that Kavika and, Red must follow or, face the Wiki consequences. chuckle

Enoch
Masters Quiet
5  Enoch    6 years ago

Dear Friend Kathleen/Butterfie: My favorite dinosaur is Roget's Thesaurus.

Among all in the animal kingdom, this one is the most useful when I write.

A close second is Daffy Duck.

This is because my favorite dish is Thufferin Thockotash.

Enoch, Smiling.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6  Raven Wing    6 years ago

In my lifetime I have had numerous types of pets of all kinds of animals and I loved them all. But, while I have had many breeds of dogs and they were wonderful, loving and devoted friends, I really like cats the most. And right now I have my Yoda Girl, who is an Egyptian Mau.

IMG_0554.JPG

She likes to help me work at the computer, and helps fish the paper out as it is exiting the printer after a print job. She is very happy that she can help her Hooman. (smile)

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
6.2  Studiusbagus  replied to  Raven Wing @6    6 years ago

I have her twin...OMG

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
6.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Studiusbagus @6.2    6 years ago

Really!!!  Can you post a pic of your cat to see how close they look? I'd love to see it. 

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7  MrFrost    6 years ago

Im pretty fond of beavers.

PJ
Masters Quiet
7.2  PJ  replied to  MrFrost @7    6 years ago

I figured you would be.  devil

MrFrost
Professor Expert
7.2.1  MrFrost  replied to  PJ @7.2    6 years ago

(giggity)

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Kathleen @7.2.2    6 years ago

Deleted  

Dean Moriarty
Professor Quiet
8  Dean Moriarty    6 years ago

Aye-Ayes

F8AB51051F1D4E70AF9AF4A8C2C905DE.jpeg

epistte
Junior Guide
9  epistte    6 years ago

Cats and reptiles because they tend to be solitary creatures.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
9.1  lennylynx  replied to  epistte @9    6 years ago

I love cats for their independence, nothing worse than a smelly, drooling, slobbering, groveling mutt! 

epistte
Junior Guide
9.1.1  epistte  replied to  lennylynx @9.1    6 years ago
I love cats for their independence, nothing worse than a smelly, drooling, slobbering, groveling mutt!

Exactly. I clean his litter box twice a day and make certain that his 2 food bowls and water bowl are kept filled, even though he prefers to drink from a trickle at the bathroom facet. Occasionally I will pick a few leaves of cat weed for him to provide amusement.

I do the same for the 2 food bowls and a water bowl that I put out for the neighborhood strays.  

At this moment, Holstein/VISA is laying in the sun at the back bay window, despite the fact that its almost 90° and he has a thick coat of black fur. He hates the AC and runs away from the vents.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
9.1.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lennylynx @9.1    6 years ago

My cat is so friendly and loves people. He is hardly independent. 

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
9.1.4  Studiusbagus  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.3    6 years ago

Mine is literally at my feet right now talking to me....she wants lovin's

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
9.1.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @9.1.3    6 years ago
My cat is so friendly and loves people.

When someone comes into the house Yoda Girl will give them the sniff job. If she approves she will simply go off in another area and take a nap. If she does not approve, she will sit at their feet and stare at them the entire time they are there. They are not allowed to get close to me or touch me unless I make the move first. Even then she is totally watchful of their every move.

If Yoda goes so far as to growl at someone before they get a chance to come inside, I tell them to leave. I have learned to trust animal's instincts and that they a doing their job to protect me. 

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
9.1.6  Freefaller  replied to  Raven Wing @9.1.5    6 years ago
I tell them to leave.

Glad my Dad didn't do the same, his Siamese hissed (and did that weird angry meow thing cats do) at me every time she saw me for 14 years.  Lol 14 years I visited and never once did she come within 6 ft of me.

Freefaller
Professor Quiet
9.1.8  Freefaller  replied to  Kathleen @9.1.7    6 years ago

Lol or Siamese are just insane

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Freefaller @9.1.8    6 years ago
or Siamese are just insane

That's it ..... a girlfriend in HS had one, that thing was nuts.   It would be walking by you and suddenly out of nowhere would just clamp on and start biting your leg.   

It wasn't prejudice though ..... it pretty much did that to everyone including her owner.   Really weird cat!

Sparty On
Professor Principal
9.1.11  Sparty On  replied to  Kathleen @9.1.10    6 years ago

Yeah i like cats in general but they can be pretty psychotic.   Especially Siamese cats.

We had a black cat growing up that would chase dogs away from us kids.   Wouldn't let them get near us.   That cat was a badass.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
10  lennylynx    6 years ago

I'm a cat person myself, but I also understand that they eat cat in some countries and refuse to pass judgement on them for it, a position that puts me at odds with most other cat lovers.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1  Raven Wing  replied to  lennylynx @10    6 years ago

Yoda Girl rules the roost here and I am fortunate that she allows me to share it with her. But, she is pretty lenient and is not very demanding, except when it is time for play with Mr Light (red dot light), and 'play time' is any time she wants to play. She's sort of strict at times, but, as long as I keep her crunch dish full,  her water bowel full, and her potty box clean she shows me so me slack. (grin)

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
10.1.1  GaJenn78  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1    6 years ago

Love her name Raven! My middle girl loves Yoda :-)

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
11  Ed-NavDoc    6 years ago

Orcas. Highly intelligent and up near the top of the food chain in the oceans. Nobody in the sea messes with orcas....

MrFrost
Professor Expert
11.2  MrFrost  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @11    6 years ago
Highly intelligent and up near the top of the food chain in the oceans. Nobody in the sea messes with orcas....

Very true. And if you have never seen the documentary, "Blackfish", you should watch it. Excellent documentary. 

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
12  dave-2693993    6 years ago

My favorite animal?

Maryland blue crabs, because they taste so good.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.2  Raven Wing  replied to  dave-2693993 @12    6 years ago

I love the taste of crab, but, it does not like me. It gives me an allergy reaction that lasts for two days. The allergist says that it is a chemical in the crabs that I am allergic to. I don't have allergies to any pollen or such, I have have chemical allergies, and am most highly allergic to mosquitoes, due to the saliva they inject into the bite area to keep the blood from clotting while they are feeding. 

So, while I would really enjoy a good crab fest, I would surely wind up in the ICU at the hospital after eating just one. :(

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
12.2.1  dave-2693993  replied to  Raven Wing @12.2    6 years ago

Not good and very dangerous.

I have an uncle with a similar reaction to all shell fish. The problem does not exist when eating other sea food.

I have an odd reaction to many fruits and vegetables. According the the allergist it is not caused by the proteins withing certain fruits and vegetables, but a combinations of those proteins combined with other seasonal "things" in the air. It produces an anaphylaxis reaction to varying degrees. I always try to keep benedryl so I can pop 3 or 4 if needed. Under this situation, the benedryl doesn't make me a bit drowsy. I think the system becomes too energized when this happens.

It only happens if the fruit and vegetables are raw and only certain times of year.

I wouldn't eat crabs if I were you either. 

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
12.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  dave-2693993 @12.2.1    6 years ago

I am not bothered by any other kind of shellfish or seafood, just the crabs. I can eat clams, oysters, shrimp and all other types of seafood, just not crabs. So, a long as I can enjoy all other kinds of seafood fine, I don't miss the crabs. Two of my favorites as squid and octopus. But, those you have to be careful of where they come from. 

luther28
Sophomore Silent
14  luther28    6 years ago

Canines without a doubt, they possess the best of human traits and seemingly none of the bad ones. Perhaps we can learn from them.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

I love so many kinds of animals that I just can't list them all. 

Here is PaulieIMG_0342.jpg

and this is Wally:

IMG_0291.jpg

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
16.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    6 years ago

Big hugs  They are both so adorable. Wally is such a cool looking fella. I love his big blue eyes. 

I had a cockatiel that had belonged to a Friend and I adopted him when they moved to Europe when her husband (who was in the Army) was assigned to Germany and could not take him with them. Bulla was very smart and loved to play head games with my two Siamese cats. Although the two cats were very intelligent, they were no match for Bulla and his games. (grin)

I truly love all the various animals and critters we share Mother Earth with. While some may be that is best left alone, they are just like humans in that they are simply doing what is necessary to them to survive. 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.1.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Raven Wing @16.1    6 years ago

I love cockatiels. I wanted one of those before we got Paulie, but my daughter Maddy wanted Paulie, and he was really hers. 

I'm like you. I love all animals. 

pat wilson
Professor Participates
16.3  pat wilson  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    6 years ago

Does Wally go after Paulie ?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
16.3.1  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  pat wilson @16.3    6 years ago

Wally was curious about Paulie. We had Paulie before Wally and so he as a kitten, we taught him not to go near the bird. He has always been very good about that. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
16.4  Sparty On  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @16    6 years ago

Paulie?   

How original Perrie ........ LOL

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
19  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

I want to be a giraffe because I really dig those long legs

GaJenn78
Sophomore Silent
19.1  GaJenn78  replied to  Trout Giggles @19    6 years ago

I like giraffes too. In between classes, I hate to admit that I was glued to the computer screen waiting for that damn giraffe, April to give birth for about 6 weeks! LOL

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
19.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Trout Giggles @19    6 years ago
I want to be a giraffe because I really dig those long legs

One of the gods practical jokes on the world but, they are nice.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
22  Spikegary    6 years ago

I'm a dog person, as you probably know.  I always refer to the line:  Dogs are happy to see you and want to hang out with you, cats are the weird roommate that shits in a box.

Rainy.jpg

How does it go?  If you want to find out who loves you the most, lock your spouse and a dog in the trunk of your car for 30 minutes and then see which one is happy to see you.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
22.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Spikegary @22    6 years ago

I like dogs and some day I want another beagle. But for now my life is ruled by a cat

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
23  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Other than the cat who lived with me for 17 years, who was my buddy both before and after I married and had kids, my favourite animal is one that I could watch the antics of all day long, especially when they're in a group. It's the Meerkat (which is not from the cat family, but is from the Mongoose one, so it really is a monkey, and who doesn't enjoy watching monkeys?).

%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D1%83%D0%B1%D1%8B%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D1%84%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81-1.jpg

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
23.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @23    6 years ago

I thought mongooses were in the same family as weasels, minks, sables, etc?

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
23.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Trout Giggles @23.2    6 years ago

You may be right. I don't remember where I saw they were connected to baboons or monkeys, and now I think I was wrong.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
26  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

I did a little searching on Wiki and they aren't related to monkeys but they aren't in the same family as weasels, either, even tho they look a lot like ferrets/ weasels