╌>

Iconic photos of The Queen with American Presidents

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  37 comments

Iconic photos of The Queen with American Presidents

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DiA20AXXUAE_5iM.jpg

SUAVE

___________________________________________________________________________________

DiA21axX0AAo9vb.jpg

GALLANT

__________________________________________________________________________________

DiA22wlWsAAxYKM.jpg

A TRUE GENTLEMAN

___________________________________________________________________________________

DiA245MXcAAM10g.jpg

THE UGLY AMERICAN

_____________________________________________________________________________________

https://twitter.com/MonarchyUK/status/1017873935965282317

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Now if one of the young princesses would have been there instead of the queen it would have been a different story. 

PJ
Masters Quiet
2  PJ    6 years ago

He's simply awkward.  And it could all be avoided but he refuses to be advised or take advice.  There are certain protocols in place for a reason.  It's there as much for the President as it is for who he is with.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  PJ @2    6 years ago

I think you have a point. Trump is physically "awkward". For example, the time he pushed the president of one of the European countries out of his way so Trump could get in the front of the photograph. 

He's 72 years old, so any days he had of being athletic or smooth looking are likely gone with the wind. His facial expressions play a part too. He often looks either bored when other people are talking or that he is waiting for them to finish so he can grab attention for himself. 

By the way Trump apparently told reporters today that golf is his main form of exercise. When you ride in a cart on the golf course getting out only to hit the ball every few minutes, you are getting very littlle exercise. 

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
4  Bob Nelson    6 years ago

104f287abf292197ebabe579c06ecc2a1f26e3521.jpg

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
5  Old Hermit    6 years ago

John is this what you meant your seed to look like?

screenshotthenewstalkers.com20180715011854.png

Or are the images supposed to be visible, not just the link?

SUAVE

sauve.jpg

GALLANT

GALLANT.jpg

A TRUE GENTLEMAN

A TRUE GENTLEMAN.jpg

THE UGLY AMERICAN

THE UGLY AMERICAN.jpg

CHARLIE PROCTOR ON TWITTER

screenshotthenewstalkers.com20180715012556.png

Either way I'm glad you seeded this little bit of photo journalism.  Nicely done.

By the way, I'm trying to figure out what that is behind Trump. 

Was the Queen forced to make some poor guy in a purple uniform follow Trump around as his official Poop Scupper?

Related image

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Old Hermit @5    6 years ago

The entire photos in the seeded article show up for me. Other than that I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Perrie can offer some clarification. 

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
5.1.1  Old Hermit  replied to  JohnRussell @5.1    6 years ago

The entire photos in the seeded article show up for me.

Thanks John, interesting info to know.

The queen is walking behind trump, which incensed the Brits.

Oops, my bad. 

Saw some news footage this morning that made that made it clear what was happening. 

Just another one of our Presidents infamous faux pas.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Old Hermit @5    6 years ago

The queen is walking behind trump, which incensed the Brits. This 92 year old woman could have collapsed on that lawn and Trump wouldn't have noticed it.  Who walks steps ahead of a 92 year old woman, let alone ahead of one where protocol says it is not appropriate? 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  Jasper2529  replied to  JohnRussell @5.2    6 years ago
The queen is walking behind trump, which incensed the Brits.

Wrong.

This 92 year old woman could have collapsed on that lawn and Trump wouldn't have noticed it.  Who walks steps ahead of a 92 year old woman, let alone ahead of one where protocol says it is not appropriate? 

Wrong again.

You posted a single frame from a video, John. Anti-Trump agenda much? In the video, we see the queen direct Trump to walk in front of her. And for an old short gal, she pretty easily kept up with Trump's much longer stride (which he slowed down out of respect for her).  This is what you DIDN'T post:

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.1    6 years ago

Riiight.  JR and every incensed person in England are wrong, and you are right.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.3  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.2    6 years ago
Riiight.  JR and every incensed person in England are wrong, and you are right.

I never said that, so do not try to accuse me of something that does not exist. 

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.4  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.3    6 years ago

Except that you did say it.  Obviously.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.5  Jasper2529  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.4    6 years ago
Except that you did say it.  Obviously.

Wrong. See comment  5.2.2   to learn who did say it.   Good-bye.

Old Hermit
Sophomore Silent
5.2.6  Old Hermit  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.1    6 years ago

Trump is such a national embarrassment.

Queen Elizabeth Forced To Walk Around Trump When He Stops Suddenly In Awkward Moment

Newsweek
Published on Jul 14, 2018
President Donald Trump stopped in his tracks when he realized he was walking in front of Queen Elizabeth II during the inspection of the Honor Guard.

METRO UK

screenshotmetro.co.uk20180715125453.png

The New York Times

Trump Walks in Front of Queen Elizabeth, Causing Social Media Frenzy

screenshotwww.nytimes.com20180715124322.png

the awkward moment the Queen of the United Kingdom walked around the President.

one awkward moment stood out on social media. It was when President Trump momentarily seemed to (gasp!) walk in front of the queen.

Mr. Trump walked slightly ahead of the queen as they inspected her honor guard. At one point, she gestured to Mr. Trump and appeared to direct him forward with her white-gloved right hand. He walked in front of her and then stopped, which cut off her path and forced her to sidestep around him.

This is hilarious. The Queen acting like she’s training one of her dogs as Trump struggles to master the art of walking . pic.twitter.com/M7tNwJFlOX
— SimonNRicketts (@SimonNRicketts) July 13, 2018

I’m no royalty expert, but I’m confident cutting the Queen off is frowned upon 😐pic.twitter.com/c2KSkUn145
— UnsilentMajority 🌹 (@The_UnSilent_) July 13, 2018

It was over in less than 20 seconds, but even some casual followers of the monarchy were aghast at the uncomfortable interaction.

Yes, it is a royal no-no to walk ahead of the queen.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
5.2.7  LynneA  replied to  Old Hermit @5.2.6    6 years ago

Trump is such a national embarrassment.

Indeed he is.  Not a miss-step, but full on classless behavior by a pig of a man.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
5.2.8  Raven Wing  replied to  LynneA @5.2.7    6 years ago

thumbs up

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.9  Jasper2529  replied to  Old Hermit @5.2.6    6 years ago

I already provided the FULL video of their walk, not just your little clip. The queen motioned for him to pass in front of her, and he did what she requested. Get over it.

In addition:

According to the   official royal website , when meeting the monarch, men should execute a “neck bow" by basically nodding their head downward, not bowing from the waist. Women do a small curtsy. However, there are a few exceptions.

"Americans do not curtsy or bow to foreign sovereigns," royal expert Marlene Koenig explains to  HarpersBAZAAR.com

There are no obligatory codes of behaviour when meeting The Queen or a member of the Royal Family, but many people wish to observe the traditional forms.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
5.2.10  LynneA  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.9    6 years ago

Jasper, stop digging.  He embarressed the entire country.  Your inability to acknowledge the abhorrent behavior is mind boggling. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.11  Jasper2529  replied to  LynneA @5.2.10    6 years ago
Jasper, stop digging.  

Posting links that factually prove something wrong is not "digging".

He embarressed the entire country.  Your inability to acknowledge the abhorrent behavior is mind boggling.

I support your right to have your own opinions of what really happened even though you've been given evidence that contradicts those opinions.

LynneA
Freshman Silent
5.2.12  LynneA  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.11    6 years ago

The Queen motioning go SHOULD have been met with a side-by-side walk with her, should never have had his back toward her...she was presenting to our President.  This according to my RAF guardsman friend, who was in Her Majesty's service for 45 years.  Handshake also wrong...all wrong.

He disrespected the monarchy, thereby embarressing America.  Our opinions on the subject aren't what matters...opinions of those in UK rule the day.

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.13  Jasper2529  replied to  LynneA @5.2.12    6 years ago
The Queen motioning go SHOULD have been met with a side-by-side walk with her, should never have had his back toward her...she was presenting to our President. 

And that is what happened. Watch the damn video. Yours and others' dickering over his taking a small step or two in front of her as a sign of Armageddon is ridiculously immature.

This according to my RAF guardsman friend, who was in Her Majesty's service for 45 years.  Handshake also wrong...all wrong.

Well, that's dandy for him, and I hope he enjoyed his service. Now watch this video. According to royal protocol, people may shake a monarch's hand if the monarch extends his/her hand first. The queen extended HER hand to the Trumps, and that signaled that she was willing to shake THEIR hands.  

Don't bother replying with another silly nitpick comment, because I won't reply.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.2.14  cjfrommn  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.9    6 years ago

yep i watched it and have to go with my friends across the pond-- trump once again screwed it up. 

there was no reason for him to act as if he has inspected anything before. His inability to be humble in her presence was totally lacking and image is everything. 

one step or two or 22 steps, he screwed it up , his proximity to her, his lack of stride and his in ability to allow her to set the pace. 

in the end, you seem hell bent on providing other quotes of edicate which is wonderful but unconvincing because the real time observation showed trump to be lacking in respect and common courtesy. 

this seems to be one thing he is good at. and i am embarrassed for our country based on what i witnessed. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
5.2.15  Jasper2529  replied to  cjfrommn @5.2.14    6 years ago
His inability to be humble in her presence was totally lacking

I suppose you expected him to bow like Obama did. Read the link I provided about that sort of obsequience. US presidents do not bow to foreign leaders.

President Trump is the duly elected leader of the most powerful country in the world. Queen Elizabeth is the UK's monarchic figurehead who doesn't wield national or international government power. Per UK royal protocol, he was not obligated "to be humble in her presence". 

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
5.2.16  TruettCollins  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.1    6 years ago

NO, she motioned him to walk to the left which is protocol. Seems you have as little a clue as Trump does.

cjfrommn
Professor Silent
5.2.17  cjfrommn  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.15    6 years ago

ooh my are you on his jock. the point is that elected or not-- she represents the image of decency for the that country. and for what ever reason your reply is just such the same mentality as his demeanor. 

he is the guest , he is the one who is supposed to recognize that her influence matters enough to sway politics no different then private business leaders do over here. 

again, i observed something that was really sad to watch. 

TruettCollins
Freshman Silent
5.2.18  TruettCollins  replied to  Jasper2529 @5.2.15    6 years ago

It is called showing respect.... but then he respects no one but himself.....

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7  Hal A. Lujah    6 years ago

The Queen is like a 4.  Trump shows respect for 8 and up, although he fakes it for the 8.