╌>

Trump Popularity Below 50% in TEXAS, Of All Places. Cruz Challenger O'Rourke gaining

Category:  News & Politics

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  29 comments

Trump Popularity Below 50% in TEXAS, Of All Places. Cruz Challenger O'Rourke gaining

Some people think that Texas will one day in the near future be a purple state. Current polling would seem to justify that thinking. 

Among all adults, Trump is underwater in the Lone Star state,  and among registered voters he is barely breaking even .  This seems astonishing considering the last few decades of election results in Texas. 

Ted Cruz is also struggling against the Democratic upstart Beto O'Rourke. 

texas_senate_race_among_registered_voter

trump_approval_in_texas_rvs_vs-_all_adul

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

If Texas goes blue, it's all over for the GOP. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

And now that we know trump is guilty of a federal crime.....that won't help him in the least. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    6 years ago

I dunno. I've come to believe that trump could commit murder live on TV in the White House and his supporters would cheer him

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

Weird, Trump isn't on the ballot.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2  MrFrost    6 years ago

Ender
Professor Principal
3  Ender    6 years ago

If they got rid of Cruz, that would be a great start.

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
4  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom    6 years ago

In my neck of the DFW woods, it's difficult to walk into a restaurant/grocery store/dry cleaners/medical building/Pets Mart/etc. and find anyone who still openly supports Donald Trump.  In fact, for the first time in a long time, there was a collective giddiness in the air today; a light at the end of the tunnel kind of feeling.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @4    6 years ago

Awesome! Now if we could get that same feeling here in Little Rock

freepress
Freshman Silent
5  freepress    6 years ago

Beto is a great candidate, I hope he wins. He is respectful of everyone regardless of party and is a fantastic role model.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    6 years ago

Well, there you go again, trusting NBC polls.

One would think y'all learned your lesson in November of 2016.

Guess not.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6    6 years ago
Well, there you go again, trusting NBC polls.

One would think y'all learned your lesson in November of 2016.

Guess not.

Maybe this one will be closer to what you like,

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) may have a close reelection race on his hands, Dana Perino reported Wednesday on "The Daily Briefing."
A Texas Lyceum Group poll of more than 800 registered voters in the Lone Star State shows Cruz only two points ahead of El Paso Democratic Rep. Robert "Beto" O'Rourke -- 36 percent to 34 percent.
Cruz is a routine supporter of President Donald Trump, while O'Rourke has made calls for the president to be impeached as fallout from the July summit with Russian leader Vladimir Putin.

Oh, by the way, this was FAUX Noise.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1    6 years ago
Maybe this one will be closer to what you like,

Perhaps but you seem to have forgotten they got it wrong as well.   About the only one i remember that got it right was Rasmussen

Oh, by the way, this was FAUX Noise.

What is that?   Is that a new dance kids today are doing.   Like the Funky Chicken or the Mash Potato perhaps?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.1    6 years ago
What is that?   Is that a new dance kids today are doing.   Like the Funky Chicken or the Mash Potato perhaps?

LOL Sparty, you know as well as I do that FAUX Noise=FOX News.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.2    6 years ago

That's a relief.   

I wouldn't want to be out of touch on the latest dance moves for the next wedding i go to.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    6 years ago

People keep telling me how Texas is turning purple, or blue.

I guess they chose to ignore the fact that a Democrat hasn't won a statewide race here since 1994.

I remember when little Wendy Davis and her cute little tennis shoes were "turning Texas purple", too. She had the entire Democratic Party cheering her on and donating big bucks to her campaign. She was national news and the progressives loved her.

Anyone know how that election turned out?

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
7.1  Thrawn 31  replied to  Texan1211 @7    6 years ago
People keep telling me how Texas is turning purple, or blue.

It is. In the last election sure Trump won Texas, but 43% of the vote, in one of the reddest places on Earth, went to the shittiest possible candidate the Dems could field. Not exactly encouraging. That is up from 41% in 2012, 44% in 2008, 38% in 2004 and 2000. The trend is not encouraging for the GOP. 

I guess they chose to ignore the fact that a Democrat hasn't won a statewide race here since 1994.

And the Cowboys haven't been worth giving a shit about since then either, yet their fans are always yelling that "this is their year!" (it isn't). The demographic tide is turning against the GOP, simple as that. Eventually it will be the Democrats year (unlike the Shitboys) unless the GOP makes some serious changes.

I remember when little Wendy Davis and her cute little tennis shoes were "turning Texas purple", too. She had the entire Democratic Party cheering her on and donating big bucks to her campaign. She was national news and the progressives loved her. Anyone know how that election turned out?

Better than previous elections lol.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Thrawn 31 @7.1    6 years ago

Actually, little Wendy lost worse than the previous Democrat who ran for governor. She lost by more votes than the previous Dem candidate.

Now, that may mean better to you, but that isn't reality.

Not better than previous elections. Lol.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

LOL, I don't believe that Texas will turn Blue or, purple, I believe that maybe one Democrat will get into the House or, the Senate from there but, will last maybe one term. Most Texans have this one problem when it comes to telling them anything, if you try to tell them what to do in the interest of helping them they say, "Don't tell me what to do" and, do the exact opposite of what they should just to spite you, they can't help themselves, I think it's something in the water there.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8    6 years ago

Maybe it is just your thinking about Texas that is messed up?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1    6 years ago
Maybe it is just your thinking about Texas that is messed up?

I doubt it, you're the ones who keep electing people like Cruz.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.1    6 years ago

Why not just say what you really mean--we keep electing Republicans and Democrats are tired of it?

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
8.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Texan1211 @8.1.2    6 years ago
Why not just say what you really mean--we keep electing Republicans and Democrats are tired of it?

Nice to know you can read my mind. /s/s/

Until the creation of the Tea Party I voted across the political spectrum but, after they decided to turn the Congress partisan with their rhetoric of the Left this and, the Left that I decided that until the Republicans who support that kind of partisan politics didn't need to hold office so, I've been working on getting them out of politics, of course the people on the left, the far left, jumped on the band wagon and, now we have a real problem,

and, those in the middle have to choose who they support more, in this case, with Trump, I choose America over him.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.3    6 years ago

Like I said--just mad that the GOP is still winning elections.

Oh well.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
8.1.5  Thrawn 31  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @8.1.3    6 years ago

That is where I am. Previously I had voted for both parties, usually split ticket. But since the 2010 Retard Takeover, I have voted against the GOP 100% (and given their direction will continue to do so into the future).

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
9  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Ideally people are catching on that Trump hasn't actually done a fucking thing except complicate things. If there ever was a presidency where the president literally could just not do a single fucking thing and be considered a success, this was it. But Trump, in his typical fashion, just couldn't not do anything. He just had to do stuff, and just like in the business world, it all immediately went to shit.

Seriously, how does a president who inherited a booming economy, no major foreign wars or situations, and no major social disturbance, have an approval rating in the low 40s at best? Oh, it is because they are a dip shit and created problems where none existed.

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
10  Jack_TX    6 years ago
Some people think that Texas will one day in the near future be a purple state.

It's always been purple.  The mayors of every major city in Texas are Democrats.  The most revered state politician in our history is a Democrat.  

Texans are (in general) anti-Clinton and anti-Pelosi (and other hard leftists).  If Beto were running as a Blue Dog and promised to vote against stupid leftist policies, he'd be five points ahead in the polls.

Among all adults, Trump is underwater in the Lone Star state,  and among registered voters he is barely breaking even .  This seems astonishing considering the last few decades of election results in Texas. 

Trump has never been all that popular in urban areas in Texas.  But he is significantly less unpopular than Hillary, which is how he won.

Ted Cruz is also struggling against the Democratic upstart Beto O'Rourke. 

Beto is still a longshot.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1  Sparty On  replied to  Jack_TX @10    6 years ago
Beto is still a longshot.

True but it’s obvious they still haven’t learned their lesson from Nov 2016.

That you can’t simply talk and extort your candidate into office.     The American people aren’t that stupid to fall for that.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  XDm9mm @10.1.1    6 years ago

Lol so true!