╌>

A Ballerina & A Horse

Category:  Other

Via:  dowser  •  9 years ago  •  23 comments

A Ballerina & A Horse

This may be digitally enhanced, but it is still marvelous! Yes, it is an ad for nail color-- BUT what a fantastic fantasy/idea!

If horses could only dance with people!

Thanks for coming by!

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   seeder  Dowser    9 years ago

I love the music, too!!

Hope you enjoy!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    9 years ago

Quite an eyeful & earful ! Thanks for posting this . If you get a chance have a look see at real horse dancing [and camel dancing too] .

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Wow, Petey! That is really special! Thanks for showing me this!

I've always loved horses, AND camels! The Lippizaner stallions came to my hometown when I was a kid-- I've never forgotten them! The moves they make are classic and developed in order to protect their riders during battle with javelins and swords, etc. (This is what they told us back then, in the 1960s.) They were specially trained to be a defensive weapon during warfare. I think they are so beautiful, and now, of course, they are used solely for entertainment...

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I've never understood women's fascination with horses . I've got a theory but you know how dangerous those can be !

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

That was really cool!

Thanks Dowser!

:~)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

My pleasure!

I'm trying to share things that bring me joy... Grin.gif

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

Love this video.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    9 years ago

I'm trying to share things that bring me joy... Grin.gif

Lovely plan!

I shared the video with my wife Arlene, who is now sharing it with her girl-friends, sharing thejoy all along the way...

:~)

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Thank you, Larry-- that helps a lot!

Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

They have about 6 of these that pull the guest coach at the Lexington Horse Park-- they are simply gorgeous!

Lexington Horse Park

I love this video! Thanks for sharing it, Pat!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

Impressive looking animals . I suspect they develop more than one horsepower !

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I was just thinking how much more massive they are than the usual horses we see around here, (thoroughbreds). They make the dancer above look almost brittle!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

These Friesians look like they really put the power in horsepower . I recommend everyone who has an interest in horses take a look at that video . I would speculate that these would be the best horses to ride through a gopher field ... which might break the legs of ordinary horses .

pat wilson
Professor Participates
link   pat wilson    9 years ago

I think they were bred for beauty and strength, not for speed. Stunning animals.

Randy
Sophomore Participates
link   Randy    9 years ago

When I was separated from my current wife I was living in Oklahoma and started dating an American woman who had been raised mostly in Ireland. She had a 13 year old daughter named Aisling and both of them were horse fans. When Aisling found out I didn't much care for horses (OK, I have a fear of them) she almost wouldn't speak to me. I won her trust back by taking the both of the into OKC to see the Royal Lipizzaner Stallions. From then on I was in Aisling's good graces again. I took them to get on their good side, but really, really enjoyed it myself.

Bob Nelson
Professor Guide
link   Bob Nelson    9 years ago

Excellent !

And cbeck out Zingaro Circus on YouTube.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     9 years ago

Wonderful video Dowser. Simply beautiful.

Being a horse lover/rider/owner my whole like this commercial was like a breath of fresh air.

This is my favorite breed, the ''Appoloosa''.

b13f7fe8a604f6f26c0480756501d821.jpg

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

They were wonderful, back when I was a kid!

I can't imagine what they must have thought of Owensboro's Sports Center... They are used to crystal chandeliers. We barely had restrooms! It has gotten a multi-million dollar face lift...

233_discussions.png?width=360

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

They can pull a huge bus-like wagon full of people... Strong, beautiful, and very sweet! Good tempered!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Thanks, Bob, I will! Grin.gif

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

I love Appaloosas! I love all the markings on the Paint ponies, and love the fact that most of them are smaller, so I can ride them more easily. Love that they are sure-footed!

234_discussions.jpg?width=350

We have a few Appaloosas out and about in the state, and are getting more Indian Paint horses... You can drive through the western part of the state and see more of them. Here in the Lexington/Louisville area, most of the horse farms are for thoroughbreds and quarter horses.

I love to watch the Amish with their Percherons, too!

I guess I have to admit that I love them all...

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet

Simply gorgeous!

Grin.gif