╌>

9/11 Timeline (WARNING: Some may find this content to be upsetting)

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  68 comments

9/11 Timeline (WARNING: Some may find this content to be upsetting)
On a clear, sunny late summer day in September 2001, Al Qaeda terrorists aboard three hijacked passenger planes carried out coordinated suicide attacks against the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing everyone on board the planes and nearly 3,000 people on the ground.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

911jumpers.jpg

People jump to their death in panic.  Picture: Getty Source:News Limited

On a clear, sunny late summer day in September 2001, Al Qaeda terrorists aboard three hijacked passenger planes carried out coordinated suicide attacks against the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing everyone on board the planes and nearly 3,000 people on the ground. A fourth plane crashed into a Pennsylvania field, killing all on board, after passengers and crew attempted to wrest control from the hijackers.

Below is a chronology of the events of 9/11 as they unfolded. All times are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).

Important Related Articles:

1. The prior terrorist attack on the World Trade Center (in 1993 ! )--  a warning that was not heeded?

2. Debunking the 9/11 Myths:  Special Report - The World Trade Center

3.  The people who think 9/11 may have been an 'inside job'

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

• 8:46 am – Mohammed Atta and the other hijackers aboard American Airlines Flight 11 crash the plane into floors 93-99 of the North Tower of the World Trade Center, killing everyone on board and hundreds inside the building.

• 9:03 am – Hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 75-85 of the WTC’s South Tower, killing everyone on board and hundreds inside the building

• 9:37 am – Hijackers aboard Flight 77 crash the plane into the western façade of the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., killing 59 aboard the plane and 125 military and civilian personnel inside the building.

• 10:07 am – After passengers and crew members aboard the hijacked Flight 93 contact friends and family and learn about the attacks in New York and Washington, they mount an attempt to retake the plane. In response, hijackers deliberately crash the plane into a field in Somerset County, Pennsylvania, killing all 40 passengers and crew aboard.

epistte
Junior Guide
2  epistte    6 years ago

Does it make some people happy to relive this every year?

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  epistte @2    6 years ago

Does to make some people happy to relive this every year?

My experience over years of participating in Internet discussion forums is that as a general rule, the vast majority of people only post things that back up their own personal political agendas. (So of course for many if they can't find a way to spin any particular story to back up their agenda, they dismiss it).

And in addition, of course there is a number of people who believe that we should "sweep anything unpleasant under the rug"-- never mention the Holocaust, Slavery, the seriousness of the current Opioid Epidemic, horrendously barbaric incidents during wars, etc. etc)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2    6 years ago

And then are the folks who agree with Santayana:

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.2  epistte  replied to  Krishna @2.2.1    6 years ago
And then are the folks who agree with Santayana: Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

I didn't say that we forget it but do we have to relive it every year to prove that we are red-blooded 'Mericans?  Maybe MAGAites should bomb a new country every September 12th, just to prove their patriotism? 

1000 Trumpsters should parade down Penn' Ave. every year

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
2.2.3  lennylynx  replied to  epistte @2.2.2    6 years ago
"MAGAites"

thumbs up

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.4  seeder  Krishna  replied to  epistte @2.2.2    6 years ago
I didn't say that we forget it but do we have to relive it every year to prove that we are red-blooded 'Mericans? 

No one here is saying that that isthe reason why we should remember it! (Re-read my comment again-- a bit more slowly and carefully!!!)

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.5  epistte  replied to  Krishna @2.2.4    6 years ago

No one here is saying that that isthe reason why we should remember it! (Re-read my comment again-- a bit more slowly and carefully!!!)

Nobody who was alive that day is forgetting what happened.  I am merely questioning the need or the desire for an annual rehashing of the events of that day and for more than a month after that day. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.6  seeder  Krishna  replied to  lennylynx @2.2.3    6 years ago
MAGAites

I think you can get them cheaper on Amazon-- and the newer models are waterproof, and their beams can be seen for miles! (And as their name implies, they not only produce a power magnified beam, but are also extremely light-weight!) Laugh

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.7  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.2.1    6 years ago
And then are the folks who agree with Santayana: Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (George Santayana)

Most people I spoken are surprisingly unaware of what happened-- and the implications. 

And-- how many people are aware of the fact that that was not the first and only attack on the World Trade Center-- that there was a previous attack in 1993? (Note: Be aware that this article is from 2003) 

Lessons of first WTC bombing

Ten years ago, a bomb exploded in the car park of the World Trade Center building in New York, killing six and injuring over 1,000.

Six men are serving life imprisonment as a result.

As Santayana said...he who forgets the past is destined to relive it...

epistte
Junior Guide
2.2.8  epistte  replied to  Krishna @2.2.6    6 years ago
I think you can get them cheaper on Amazon-- and the newer models are waterproof, and their beams can be seen for miles! (And as their name implies, they not only produce a power magnified beam, but are also extremely light-weight!)

I discovered that someone on Reddit has been using that term for more than 90 days so I am not the first. maybe I'll create an entry on Urban Dictionary. I'm already mentioned on UD because of my strong opinions on a previous forum. 

I have a 2x D cell Maglite in my glovebox of my car. I should charge the batteries because it was dim the last time I needed to use it. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.2.9  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  epistte @2.2.2    6 years ago

After Obama expanded the war in the Middle East and used drones in Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, and Syria....There really isn't much left to bomb.  But yea.... it's just republicans :/

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.10  MrFrost  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @2.2.9    6 years ago

Careful....according to the right wing media, Obama was shipping arms to ISIS and dearly loved the terrorists. Of course, this despite the fact that he actually increased the attacks on those terrorists, (which the right complained about because he accidentally killed a few, "innocent" people with drone strikes, (while forgetting that GWB killed 500,000 innocent people in the M.E. over the course of 3 years)).

I recall a missed drop of supplies that was meant for US troops in Afghanistan that ISIS got their disgusting hands on. The right wing fake news was all over it insisting that Obama actually ordered the supplies dropped "there" so ISIS could get the supplies....even though the pilot later said that he made a mistake. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.2.11  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.10    6 years ago

I'm not defending GW.  Barry O and GW were pretty much the same president.  With a little bit of ACA sprinkled in the keep people distracted and actually believing there was a difference.  

But barry was just cleaning up GWs war!!!

....by....by ... by bombing countries that weren't even connected to it!  

Can we stop bombing places please

MrFrost
Professor Expert
2.2.12  MrFrost  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @2.2.11    6 years ago
Barry O and GW were pretty much the same president.

Um...Nope. One was a republican, one was a Democrat. One crashed the economy, one was a Democrat. I can do it all day, friend. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
2.2.13  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  MrFrost @2.2.12    6 years ago

Then please continue. So far you have one is a dem and one was a republican.  I think 9-11 may have had a hand in the economy though.  

Try to use actual actions and not what they say as well... as my point being what they say and what they do is two different things.  A few do shows be issues on the home front to make it appear as if they are separate while their global actions are the same.  

Selling arms all over the world, continually bombing places, govt overthrows, weapons manufacturers getting more money, Blood for oil, etc

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.14  seeder  Krishna  replied to  epistte @2.2.8    6 years ago

I have a 2x D cell Maglite in my glovebox of my car. I should charge the batteries because it was dim the last time I needed to use it. 

You should definitely put in new batteries-- then you will be "Making you car's glovebox great again!"

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
2.3  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  epistte @2    6 years ago
Does to make some people happy to relive this every year?

I don't watch it, but we are still living it every year. New people coming down with cancer and autoimmune diseases who were exposed. It's always in the back of my mind. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
2.5  Spikegary  replied to  epistte @2    6 years ago

Does it make you happy to play the antagonist in virtually every discussion you participate in?

Should we just forget those innocents that died at the hands of those trying to make a statement?

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

911Bush.jpg

Bush is informed of the situation.

Soon afterwards a debate ensues between the usual conspiracy nutcases-- some arguing that it wasn't Arab extremists that were behind the attack but rather  it was Bush and his inner circle--   while others argued that while it wasn't the Arabs or Bush but that  it was actually "the Jews".

kpr37
Professor Silent
3.1  kpr37  replied to  Krishna @3    6 years ago
while others argued that while it wasn't the Arabs or Bush but that  it was actually "the Jews".

Or the dancing Israelis meme. That was a popular distraction on Newsvine that I refuted more than a few times 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.1  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  kpr37 @3.1    6 years ago

I actually believe a group of people in israel played a part in it.  Conspiracy tin foil hat time..... but I believe their are zealots actively working to bring about (what they believe) the start of the end times.  Look up the red heifer being born in Israel recently.  It was supposed to be a sign of the start of end times.... idiots have been working for a few years now doin selective breeding and implanting embryos to try and get the damn thing born.  Religion is a disease and too many seem eager to bring the end times about smh

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.3  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.2    6 years ago

Asking for clarification.  Do you think I'm blaming Jewish people for all the ills?  

kpr37
Professor Silent
3.1.4  kpr37  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.3    6 years ago
Do you think I'm blaming Jewish people for all the ills?  

It sure does look like you are blaming people in Israel (who most associate with people of the Jewish faith) with complicity in the Jihadist attacks on NY city on 9/11. It's is a vile unsupported delusion, which speaks poorly of the one (you) making the actuation. 

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.6  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  kpr37 @3.1.4    6 years ago

Oh I'm most certainly blaming people who are Jewish on complicity in it.  That doesn't mean I'm blaming all the individuals.  do you believe Israel and Judaism is immune from religious zealots or those with an agenda? Do you think there aren't those in the US who are Christians who wouldn't use our country and military to try and hurry Armageddon along because they believe in biblical prophecy?  The US is the guard dog for Israel.  Israel doesn't want any other serious power in the ME and I believe orchestrates shut to use as an excuse to level them if they get to big.  You act like Israel hasn't been caught doing BS before.  Blaming Israel as a govt and religious fanatics isn't blaming everyone in a group

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.9  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Release The Kraken @3.1.7    6 years ago

On this one?  Just some suspicions and historical context.  There are people who want to bring about end times... and they want a global war with Israel being the target under the belief they are under divine protection.  They use false flags, aiding terrorists, and ignoring attacks to get the US and others to assist them in wars and their agenda. 

The lavon affair comes to mind.  Where they were caught planting bombs to blame on the Muslim brotherhood hoping to get US and British support.  

Operation Susannah similar incident

In 1984 Mossad planted a transmitter in ghaddafis compound to transmit fake terrorist transmission which the US used as justification to bomb Libya 

Operation glass houses where undercover Israeli agents threw rocks at Israeli soldiers so they could justify increased aggression. 

Uss liberty where Israel attacked US ship.l for extended time .  They claim they didn't know it was US despite no return fire and US flag.  Another instance of trying to get the US to join in a war on their Side during the six day war.

im not saying other countries don't do similar crap either.  I'm not going to act like Israel is above it though. They seem happy bombing Syria without taking in refugees while trying to get the US involved in that as well.  

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.10  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Silent_Hysteria @3.1.9    6 years ago

The Lavon affair is the same thing as Operation Susannah. Operation glass houses, is a myth  In fact, in 1986 Reagan did it on his own. Just FYI.

Silent_Hysteria
Freshman Silent
3.1.11  Silent_Hysteria  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.10    6 years ago

You may be right.  It's late.  I thought lavon and Susannah were two separate ops with the same goal.  I haven't seen anything on glass house being fake.  And no.. I'm not pro Palestine either.  Pallywood can be just as bad

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
4  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

I wished you had put up a warning about that picture. I witnessed that.... It was like having a flashback. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    6 years ago

I wished you had put up a warning about that picture. I witnessed that.... It was like having a flashback. 

Good point. Thanks for bringing that up-- I have now put a warning in the title.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
4.2  MrFrost  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @4    6 years ago

Lots of people make mistakes when posting articles. It happens... <cough> <cough>

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
5  JohnRussell    6 years ago

I really question the purpose or the worth of posting this every year, and of people watching these films every year. Everyone who was alive at the time other than little children remembers it all well. 

I think we can memorialize the event without all the graphic details. When they had remembrances of Pearl harbor all those years on Dec 7, you didnt see graphic pictures of sailors being burned to death in flaming oil or hear first hand accounts of someone having their guts shot out. 

epistte
Junior Guide
5.1  epistte  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

This is exactly my point. 

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

I really question the purpose or the worth of posting this every year, and of people watching these films every year. Everyone who was alive at the time other than little children remembers it all well. 

But what about those who were small children-- and even those yet to be born? In addition, I have noticed many people I've spoken to about have faulty memories, even false memories of exactly what happened. 

I remember discussions of remembering the Holocaust. I've seen so many people in those discussions that had many, many misconceptions about what actually happened. (In fact in several recent online discussions about it, I have seen several people expressing shock at what they learned in reading seeded articles and discussions-- they expressed surprise at what they learned-- they "had never known what actually happened"). 

And yes-- I have seen many people argue that there's really no need to go over the details of the Holocaust-- that people already know all the details.

Ditto articles about the actual details opf some of the atrocities committyed against American Indians--- they studioed American history in aschool but had no idea about early settler using Indians for targhet priactice.. the Sma;;pox infested blankets Indians were given..and many more details.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Krishna @5.2    6 years ago

The movie Schindler's List helps to remind those who might succumb to the deniers of The Holocaust, and it's pretty graphic, and IMO a NECESSARY lesson, as well as a reminder. 

Although, each year, a Passover Seder is held in Jewish homes to remind about the Exodus, Hollywood has helped with that as well by producing a movie about it, and I've seen other films, perhaps made for TV as well. Lots of movies have been made about WW2, both about Europe and the Pacific.  I don't know if a movie has been made about 9/11, but if not I don't doubt that present overzealous political correctness, and the ridiculous concern about "hurt feelings", would prevent such a reminder for those who are yet to be born to visually witness (which would be most effective) such an outrageous attack on western civilization.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

I think we can memorialize the event without all the graphic details. When they had remembrances of Pearl harbor all those years on Dec 7, you didnt see graphic pictures of sailors being burned to death in flaming oil or hear first hand accounts of someone having their guts shot out. 

Well its true-- when I studied American history in required freshman courses in College-- in High School as well-- it was rather sugar-coated. Perhaps if more people koew the details of what happens during wars more people wouldn't be so quick to support our government in these wars...

(I'd been an anti-war activist in college...talking to lots of people I was surprised how many had a knee jerk reaction in support of any war the government is pushing).

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5.4  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @5    6 years ago

That's what some Germans say about the holocaust and now there are lots of people that pretend theholocuast didn't happen, it was just a story made up to make jews look like they were persecuted.

JBB
Professor Principal
5.4.1  JBB  replied to  Spikegary @5.4    6 years ago
That's what some Germans say about the holocaust  and now there are lots of people that pretend theholocuast didn't happen, it was just a story made up to make jews look like they were persecuted.

It is illegal for Germans to deny the Holocaust...

In today’s Germany the outright denial and even the trivialization of the Holocaust in public is a federal crime, punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

kpr37
Professor Silent
5.4.2  kpr37  replied to  JBB @5.4.1    6 years ago
It is illegal for Germans to deny the Holocaust...

I believe Holocaust denial is a stupid position to take. I also believe it identifies those making the claims as ignorant, delusional antisemites.  But I don't believe it should be illegal. It is not that difficult to refute the claim with a mountain of well sourced evidence from German (nazi) sources. The public mocking of the sheer idiocy of the denial should be sufficient to discredit the historical inaccurate narrative.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6  lennylynx    6 years ago

Interesting debate, but I have to come down on Hari's side here.  I'm not so sure we shouldn't all watch graphic details of war every single day.  Countless people had their heads and limbs blown off, but we shouldn't have to face it head on because it's too distasteful?   

I first started making political comments on line as I was against the invasion of Iraq from day one.  I've heard a lot of people claim the same but I wonder where they were back then, because I was all alone in my opinion.  EVERYONE, left, right and center jumped down my throat for daring to question the almighty President.  As the months went by, of course, I started gaining allies. 

War is totally unnecessary in this day and age.  We have enough problems in common that we have to face, time to grow up and stop fighting amongst ourselves.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1  Sparty On  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago
War is totally unnecessary in this day and age. 

Tell that to the people who want you DEAD if you don’t agree with their philosophy 

epistte
Junior Guide
6.1.1  epistte  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    6 years ago
Tell that to the people who want you DEAD if you don’t agree with their philosophy 

What people are you referring to because it seems like you are projecting your beliefs onto Lenny'

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.2  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6.1    6 years ago

You mean like some of the people on the Right who constantly talk about an armed revolution against the "deep state" people, two of whom are on this site?

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.2    6 years ago

an armed revolution against the "deep state" people, two of whom are on this site?

OMG-- two actually Deep State people on this very site! Can you reveal their names?

Oh well-- if everyone promises to keep it secret (I'm sure I trust ya'll) I can finally admit it-- I'm a card carrying member of the Deep State! (Also of the Illuminati as well as  The Bohemian Grove Moonlight Sonata--

but that's a horse of another colour! :-)

horsesofadifferentcolor.jpg

(. . . perhaps even one of those sinister "Zionist Poodles" we've been hearing so much about lately???)

dogattable.jpg

But who could the other one possibly be? I have my suspicions but I'm wondering if anyone else knows who the other "Deep Stater" is here on NT?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.1.4  lennylynx  replied to  Krishna @6.1.3    6 years ago

Galen was not talking about two people who ARE deep staters, he was talking about two people who are stupid enough to believe in the deep state and think we need an armed revolution against the mythical deep state.  You really need to read and comprehend what people post before replying.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.5  Sparty On  replied to  epistte @6.1.1    6 years ago

Really?   Have you been living under a rock your whole life?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.6  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.2    6 years ago

Nah.    More like the left wing black masked antifa pussies trying to stop free speech.  

You know ..... we have several of those here as well.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.7  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Krishna @6.1.3    6 years ago

Love your reply but, Lenny's right.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.8  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.6    6 years ago
Nah.    More like the left wing black masked antifa pussies trying to stop free speech.   You know ..... we have several of those here as well.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! Gods your killing me here.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.9  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @6.1.8    6 years ago

Thanks just the same but i'm not a God .....

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
6.1.10  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @6.1.9    6 years ago
Thanks just the same but i'm not a God .....

I didn't say you were, I was invoking the gods I worship, there are many.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.2  seeder  Krishna  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

I've heard a lot of people claim the same but I wonder where they were back then, because I was all alone in my opinion

Ever hear of the Kent State Massacre (which happened "back then")? 

The Kent State shootings (also known as the May 4 massacre or the Kent State massacre)[3][4][5] were the shootings on May 4, 1970, of unarmed college students by members of the Ohio National Guard at Kent State University in Kent, Ohio.  Twenty-eight guardsmen fired approximately 67 rounds over a period of 13 seconds, killing four students and wounding nine others, one of whom suffered permanent paralysis.

So what do you think they were protesting? (I guess that if you were "all alone in your opinion opposing the war"...then it would logically follow that those protesters were not of the opinion that the war was wrong . . .  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.2.1  lennylynx  replied to  Krishna @6.2    6 years ago

Kent State??  What the fuck are you babbling about?  I'm talking about the war in Iraq.  Did this happen in 1970?  

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.3  seeder  Krishna  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago
EVERYONE, left, right and center jumped down my throat for daring to question the almighty President.

Obviously you were hangi' with a weird crowd.

My experience was totally different-- most everyone I: knew was opposed to the war early on. Many were activists and actively protested. In fact two of my college buddies are no longer in America-- you might find this to be shocking, but one actually "dared to question the almighty president"!!!. He went to Canada and became a Canadian citizen.

Another went with me on an inexpensive student ship to Europe (on summer break). We hitch-hiked around Europe. Then we split up-- I went to North Africa and eventually worked on a communal farm in Israel (democratic Communism actually)-- but eventually returned to the U.S. However he traveled through Europe to Turkey, eventually through Afghanistan (very dangerous place at the time) until he reached S E Asia. Then took a cheap flight from Singapore to  to Darwin Australia. He never returned-- believe it or not there was a second friend of mine who actually "dared to question the almighty president*"-- and in his case he "put his money where his mouth was".

The last I heard of these daring "questioners of the almighty president", the first was happily living in Canada as a Canadian citizen, the latter was living in Australia as an Australian citizen!

Actually I should say questerners of the American presidents plural. We started daring to questioning the president who actually started the U.S. involvement in the war (JFK) but continued questioning the next almighty president LBJ.

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.1  lennylynx  replied to  Krishna @6.3    6 years ago

It wasn't a "crowd I was hanging with," and it wasn't in the FUCKING SEVENTIES!  It was in online discussions with people I didn't know, it was when the invasion of Iraq.  let me repeat, the invasion of IRAQ first started( Do you know when that was?) and yes, EVERYONE jumped down my throat for questioning it, everyone who was commenting on the sites I was at.  Hell, almost no one believed me when I said Iraq had nothing to do with 911.  

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
6.3.3  Spikegary  replied to  Krishna @6.3    6 years ago

I wouldn't bother responding.  This string of comments has derailed your article and is talking about something besides 9/11.  I don't believe the Iraqis were involved in 9/11.