╌>

Women Rally for Brett Kavanaugh: He ‘Treated Us with Kindness and Respect’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  34 comments

Women Rally for Brett Kavanaugh: He ‘Treated Us with Kindness and Respect’
The Supreme Court nominee stands out 'as the most responsible guy,' say colleagues, classmates and friends

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Kavanaugh-Supporter-Article-201809211823

By  Lauren Lee  |  Saturday, September 22, 2018

Dozens of female colleagues, classmates and friends of Brett Kavanaugh rallied in support of the embattled Supreme Court nominee on Friday, saying they don’t believe the sexual assault allegation against him.

The women, who last week wrote a letter of support for Kavanaugh, spoke at a Washington press conference before a banner that blared “#IStandWithBrett.

“Brett stood out as the most responsible guy, who treated us with kindness and respect,” said Megan McCaleb, a former classmate and longtime friend of Kavanaugh.

McCaleb said Kavanaugh dated her sister and some of her closest friends in school and treated them with respect and decency, to a point he still remains close friends with them today.

Sara Fagen, another longtime friend who worked with Kavanaugh in the White House, told a story about how Kavanaugh helped her the day of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Fagen recalled how a Secret Service agent, during the chaos of that day, told her to run from her office amid fears a hijacked airliner could be headed toward the White House. Scared and alone on the street with nothing in her pockets, Fagen said she ran into Kavanaugh, who made sure she got home safely.

The other women who spoke at the event described Kavanaugh as a family man who coaches a girls’ basketball team, tutors children, goes to neighborhood barbecues, and attends church.

“Brett was the kind of guy you wanted to take home to your parents,” said Maura Fitzgerald, a longtime friend since high school who once dated Kavanaugh.

The press conference was held in response to the sexual assault allegations that have rocked the Supreme Court nominee’s confirmation process.

Christine Blasey Ford, a clinical psychology professor who says she knew Kavanaugh in school, alleges he pinned her down to a bed and attempted to remove her clothes at a high school party more than three decades ago. He denies the allegation.

Kavanaugh’s confirmation proceedings have been delayed for days as Senate Republicans negotiate with Ford’s attorneys over whether she will testify about her claims on Capitol Hill next week.

The women declined Friday to answer questions about Ford, saying they were there to talk about Kavanaugh and how “we know the man, we know his heart.”

Meanwhile, Ford has been supported by numerous alumni of her school, family members, and Democratic lawmakers.

A day earlier, alumni from Ford’s high school, Holton-Arms, held a press conference with Sens. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii).

“It took a lot of courage for Christine Blasey Ford to come forward to share her story of sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh,” Hirono tweeted. “Her story is very credible and I believe her.”

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

There is no doubt about it, those women who know Kavanaugh can't understand these allegations

lib50
Professor Silent
1.2  lib50  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

Oh dear, yet another day of news hard to keep up with.  Looks like another woman has come forward.  Don't get too excited yet.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @1.2    6 years ago

Another one who waited 3 decades and just happens to be another LIBERAL activist. Didn't Kavanaugh go to school with anything else?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Six background checks and none of this ever came up. How can that be?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3  bbl-1    6 years ago

Gee.  These women are 'wanting' Kavanaugh and his ilk to take away their birth control?  Why?  Are they nits? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @3    6 years ago

Kavanaugh has never taken birth control away from anyone.

What makes you think he would now, and how exactly could he do that?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    6 years ago

In his writings he has indicated that birth control is an abortion inducer.

Kavanaugh also recently tried to deny a 16 year old immigrant pregnancy termination in Texas.  He nearly succeeded.   Texas law-20 weeks.  She had hers at 18 1/2 weeks when a court over ruled Kavanaugh's decision in his District Court. 

Kavanaugh has not had the power yet.  On the court, he will.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1.1    6 years ago

You clearly misunderstand his ruling.

On the court, he has no power to enact laws. That is Congress' job.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    6 years ago

[deleted]

lib50
Professor Silent
3.1.4  lib50  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    6 years ago

He admitted some settled law deserves to be 'unsettled', and as you know the conservatives on the court have upended precedence more than once, Citizen's United was one,  there are others, and its clear to women that he would use that to overturn Roe in a heartbeat, his coy non-denial fools nobody.  And SCOTUS has huge impact on our lives.  We won't accept a person like Kavanaugh, we have too many like him already.  Women will get more pissed the further republicans take this.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  lib50 @3.1.4    6 years ago

So women are all of one mind?

What about the women in the picture above?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @3.1.4    6 years ago

SO?

The women can be pissed off.

They can get over it, too.

Kavanaugh has given no indications he would vote to overturn Roe.

In fact, SCOTUS hasn't given any indication of taking on a case that could overturn Roe.

Much ado about imagined things.

Phht.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  Texan1211  replied to  lib50 @3.1.4    6 years ago

Gee, like everyone already knows--that SCOTUS can and has and will reverse itself occasionally?

What earth-shattering news--which everyone already knows and freely admits.

Sometimes SCOTUS reverses itself and people celebrate it.

Have you ever wondered why?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago

And I guess we're not supposed to give any weight to the words of these women.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1  Sparty On  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

Oh dear, dozens of women who know and support Judge Kavanaugh and his moral character.   What will the left do?    Ignore them?

Yep, that's what they'll do.   That's how you operate a good smear campaign.   Ignore that which completely and utterly defeats your partisan smear.

Doh!

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
4.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sparty On @4.1    6 years ago

Oh dear, two more women come out with accusations,

Sparty On
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Sparty On  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.1    6 years ago

Oh dear, the "pro's" have the "con's" outnumbered.

What will the left do?   Are they running out of partisan stooges yet?   Are their drones starting to wise up and figure out they are only being used by the left yet?

Oh my, oh dear!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.1    6 years ago

It sounds like that was what they were going to do to Ms. Ford, gang rape her, but Judge messed up.  

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @4.1.1    6 years ago
Oh dear, two more women come out with accusations

And their accusations are totally credible because . . . well, because they are Democratic women accusing a conservative. Just be sure to ignore the part about them being falling-down drunk when these alleged events happened three and a half decades ago. That's irrelevant! /s

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
5  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Of course there's no way to know the truth of the allegation, or if it's true that it hasn't been exaggerated.  All I know is that during high school and college years, due to the raging hormones at those ages, I'd be surprised if there wasn't ANY guy who wasn't gay and was born with a pair of gonads and testosterone who didn't at some point in his life at least TRY to get into a girl's panties, and if the guy is drunk it could well obliterate even the strongest gentlemanlike behaviour.  I'll bet there isn't one man sitting on the SCOTUS who hasn't done it, nor any guys on this site notwithstanding, as I expect, their "innocent" protestations. I think the point I'm making is that if the event as reported is used to prevent him from being appointed it's a sad day for REALITY.  However, if I knew he would be the cause of Roe vs Wade being overturned, I wouldn't appoint him either, but somehow I think he would look at such issues as individual unique cases and not overturn that long-standing precedent. If he did, I think it would be at least a century before the Republicans win a majority anywhere and a Repubican achieve the presidency again.  

Just my opinion, looking on from the other side of the world. 

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
5.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    6 years ago
All I know is that during high school and college years, due to the raging hormones at those ages, I'd be surprised if there wasn't ANY guy who wasn't gay and was born with a pair of gonads and testosterone who didn't at some point in his life at least TRY to get into a girl's panties, and if the guy is drunk it could well obliterate even the strongest gentlemanlike behaviour.  I'll bet there isn't one man sitting on the SCOTUS who hasn't done it, nor any guys on this site notwithstanding, as I expect, their "innocent" protestations. I think the point I'm making is that if the event as reported is used to prevent him from being appointed it's a sad day for REALITY.  However, if I knew he would be the cause of Roe vs Wade being overturned, I wouldn't appoint him either, but somehow I think he would look at such issues as individual unique cases and not overturn that long-standing precedent. If he did, I think it would be at least a century before the Republicans win a majority anywhere and a Repubican achieve the presidency again.  

So, the answer is, "Boys will be boys, what the hell, confirm him anyway". Got it.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1    6 years ago
Boys will be boys

And those poor innocent, virginal girls had no say whatsoever in the matter. They were dragged from their homes, force fed alcohol and tortured against their will. They were completely shocked and unprepared for what happened at the many parties they magically appeared at. Heck, by their own testimony, they don't remember how they got to these parties or how they got home. They must have been kidnapped!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @5.1    6 years ago

Either one has committed sexual assault OR has been wrongly accused.  What should be the burden of proof for the accuser?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tacos! @5.1.1    6 years ago
They must have been kidnapped!

I just had a thought when I read that. On a Saturday night in Boston, in any proximity to one of our many universities, one gets to see the "students" on the way to the bars & clubs. The guys are already half drunk and the girls are dressed like Vegas showgirls......That's a bad combination.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @5    6 years ago

Maybe so, in most cases. Kavanaugh told the exquisite Martha MacCallum in tonight's interview that he was a virgin until his early 20's as well as repeating that "he has NEVER sexually assaulted anyone!