╌>

Unfinished Business

Category:  News & Politics

By:  vic-eldred  •  6 years ago  •  69 comments

Unfinished Business

Pictures_Of_The_Week_Phot8_c0-111-3000-1

Now that Brett Kavanaugh has taken his place upon the Supreme Court, there is something very sinister which needs to be attended to. It's the story of the well coordinated liberal machine which did everything it could to derail the nomination of Judge Kavanaugh. Democrats led by Chuck Schumer and Dianne Feinstein went well beyond the pale in this endeavor, seriously damaging Kavanaugh and his family.

We all know how Feinstein sat on the letter from Christine Ford for months while waiting until the last possible minute to reveal it and leaking her name to get her to testify. I know somebody will say "we don't know who leaked it ", but we all have common sense and not much of that is required to know why it was done. Then Feinstein recommended lawyers for Ford. What kind of layers, you ask? Progressive/activist lawyers who told the committee she needed time (a good week) to attend a hearing. Why? They claimed she was afraid to fly and would have to drive across country. Chairman Grassley said that would not be necessary. The Committee would accommodate her. The interview could be conducted at her home or whatever was comfortable to her. It seems the legal team never relayed this offer to Ford. She didn't know, nor did that fact matter since she does fly when necessary and after the unnecessary delay, did fly out to Washington DC. Despite the lack of supporting evidence of her accusations and contradictions from the witnesses she named, she was nonetheless heard by the Committee and the nation.

Not long after her testimony Senator Flake again got democrats another weeks delay to allow the FBI to take a look at the allegations. The FBI returned its report within a few days with some "302" documents (raw testimony of individuals) involving the 9 individuals they questioned. From this classified material a serious new allegation has emerged. This time involving  Monica McLean. According to Ford's former boyfriend, McLean is the woman Ford once trained to pass a polygraph test in order to obtain a job with the FBI. (Ford testified that she never trained anyone to take/pass a polygraph test). Ms McLean was one of the women who sent a letter of support for Ford early on. The Wall Street Journal now says that Leland Keyser (Ford's best friend who could not corroborate Ford's account of the attempted rape), told investigators that Ford's friend, former FBI agent Monica McLean, had urged her to alter the original statement that she gave about not remembering any such party and not knowing Kavanaugh. That would be a very serious allegation. The story is one that the liberal mainstream media has held back. 

Will this be investigated?   Probably not. There are those optics of going after Ford's handlers that people seem to fear. I assume that is part of the Orwellian culture that now consumes the country. I live in liberal MA. The funny thing is most people I talk to believe that the tactics of the left have defied all norms of decency. I'm hearing it from everyone willing to discuss this topic.

About 4 months ago, (right here), I predicted that liberals would produce someone to make allegations against Kavanaugh.

Prediction: Republicans not only expand their majority in the Senate, but hold onto the House

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

Democrats overplayed their hand and will pay for it in November

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    6 years ago

We'll see won't we who will pay in November?  

volfan
Freshman Silent
2  volfan    6 years ago

I agree...the level to which they stooped has turned off so many people.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2  Tessylo  replied to  volfan @2    6 years ago

The democrats cannot stoop to the level of the gop/republicans.  The level the republicans/gop have stooped to have turned off so many people, republicans included.  The filthy tricks they play, disgusting, despicable, and deplorable.  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

"Author and conservative writer Victor Davis Hanson appeared on Laura Ingraham's FOX News show on Wednesday to weigh in on the Kavanaugh saga and explain how the story of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who accused the Supreme Court nominee of sexual assault, is falling apart.

"Are you for due process or are you for revolutionary fervor? Are you for reason or are you for emotion? Are you for this street antics that Antifa brought into the Senate or are you for custom and practice of the U.S. Congress?" he asked.

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Coming into where we are today, she wasn't able to locate the supposed assault or the time or the date and she had the early 80s, the mid-80s, the late 80s, she was a young teenager, a little bit older. But I think there was a lot of doubt. Then we've had the collapse of the 5th accuser, 6th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd -- [Julie] Swetnick, [Deborah] Ramirez - that didn't help. And now we have the boyfriend coming forward and her own testimonies where she admitted that she flies regularly, that's corroborated by the boyfriend. 

The two-door thing. People in Palo Alto have two doors for one purpose, not because they are claustrophobic because they want to get extra income and renter come in and that seems to be true for her.

I think the tragedy though, Laura, I don't think she'd ever think she'd have to come forward at all. She would write this anonymous writ and then that would sort of float out and cast doubt and that might just panic the Republicans and Kavanaugh would withdraw. 

It's sad because she gave one too many narratives. She gave a narrative to the therapist. She gave a narrative to Dianne Feinstein. She gave a narrative to 'The Washington Post.' She gave a narrative through her testimony. She butted up against a pretty seasoned prosecutor. And those narratives cannot be reconciled, they are mutually exclusive. They contradict each other. Whether it's on the lie detector or the circumstances about flying or particular names that are supposed to corroborate. Here we are, it's collapsed."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4  author  Vic Eldred    6 years ago

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5  bbl-1    6 years ago

Ford, Feinstein and Schumer must be immediately arrested.  The democrat party must be designated a subversive anti-American organization, disbanded and imprisoned.

Donald J. Trump was elected by the largest majority in the history of this nation.  This president has a mandate to clear out all terrorists--foreign and domestic.  The GOP Congress, the FBI, the NSC and now, The Supreme Court must act immediately and with an iron fist.

The will of President Trump, McConnell and Speaker Ryan must not be denied.

MAGA

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  bbl-1 @5    6 years ago

May the voters of this country prevent progressives, who don't believe in due process, from ever controlling any branch of government again.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    6 years ago

But you would be fine with progressives who do believe in due process?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    6 years ago

So you believe one party rule is better for all of us? conservative way or no way?

One of these days the house of cards the republicans have built up will come crashing down. 

Probably when their blind supporters finally get bit in the ass by the same policies they supported.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @5.1.3    6 years ago

This might be a sweeping generalization, but that's what I'm hearing Vic say. That's what I hear most cons on here say.

And I say fuck that. I won't live under totalitarian rule

MrFrost
Professor Expert
5.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1    6 years ago
May the voters of this country prevent progressives, who don't believe in due process,

It wasn't progressives that were opposed to even having an investigation...which would come before due process.  [deleted]

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Ender  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.4    6 years ago

I would say the sweeping generalizations is what we get from most conservatives. It is always their way or no way. 

I am waiting for the gullible mob (their new word) to finally wake up and realize they have been lied to.

And yes, a lot of them seem to support one party, totalitarian rule.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.7  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.2    6 years ago
But you would be fine with progressives who due believe in due process?

I would call traditional liberals, who used to believe in Civil Liberties, worthy opponents.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.8  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.3    6 years ago
So you believe one party rule is better for all of us?

No, I believe in two or more parties being ideal - just not the modern progressives. I don't want them in power in government, nor in the various institutions they have ruthlessly controlled.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.9  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.4    6 years ago
I won't live under totalitarian rule

That IS what you advocate

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.10  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  MrFrost @5.1.5    6 years ago
It wasn't progressives that were opposed to even having an investigation..

Oh yes it was. Feinstein could have had a lengthy investigation. She preferred to run out the clock.

removed for context

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.11  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.6    6 years ago
I would say the sweeping generalizations is what we get from most conservatives.

I would say "sweeping generalizations" is an ill conceived trip wire coming from the Coc. It has been so misused.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.12  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.6    6 years ago
And yes, a lot of them seem to support one party, totalitarian rule.

Progressive projection. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.8    6 years ago
just not the modern progressives. I don't want them in power in government

So only modern day conservatives? No matter how it is twisted, it is what you just advocated and most conservatives want.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.14  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.13    6 years ago
So only modern day conservatives?

Is that how you interpret what I said?   Let me repeat: 

"I believe in two or more parties being ideal - just not the modern progressives."

That leaves a lot of options dosen't it?  How about Libertarians? or a new Independent party?  In other words, I consider the authoritarian nature of the modern progressive to be unfit for a major political party. We know what authoritarian means right?  It is a form of government characterized by strong central power and limited political freedoms, in which Individual freedoms are subordinate to the state and there is no constitutional accountability. Dosen't that sound like modern progressive dogma to you? 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.15  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.14    6 years ago

So conservatives are not modern?

Modern = today. Saying no progressives of today = zero in government. One party rule.

It is a form of government characterized by strong central power and limited political freedoms, in which Individual freedoms are subordinate to the state and there is no constitutional accountability

Sounds like conservatives today. No abortion allowed, gay marriage should be outlawed, corporations are people, etc.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.16  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  MrFrost @5.1.5    6 years ago
It wasn't progressives that were opposed to even having an investigation...which would come before due process.  [deleted]

But it was mainly progressives that attempted to do away with the premise of innocent until proven guilty , even if this was just a 'job interview" and attempted to  replace it with as one so eloquently parsed it  on this site as "reasonable suspicion" and was again turned into by  the senator from maine as a situation that had to be approached as  something like was it likely or not to have happened .

for me the additional investigation revealed nothing that wasn't already known prior to both parties testifying , and the only chance the accusor had to provide further evidence was actually at that testimonial hearing , she failed .

An accusation is NOT , and never has been nor ever will be evidence  except in the political world of the court of public opinion. and for that I am thankful the attempt to replace innocent until proven guilty was defeated , otherwise  the entire nation would be in a shitpot full of hurt. If it HAD worked it could very well have been used against those advocating for that position and their families as it is against anyone else .

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.17  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.14    6 years ago
Dosen't that sound like modern progressive dogma to you? 

ya nailed it.

todays progressives like to hang on to and hide behind the coattails and accomplishments of old school democrats but they are being exposed for what they are more and more every day.

• the democrat party used to support secure borders, the working man and innocent until proven guilty.

now?

• the democrat party supports open borders, illegals, and guilty until proven innocent.

these are not the democrats of days gone by

in short, they have gone so far left the only thing left is the edge.

in the end the right will absorb the rest of the moderate dems into the gop leaving the liberal/progressives all by themselves flopping around like fish out of water.

I say let the lunatic left have the democrat brand.   (the party of crime)

something tells me this is going to work for us :)

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.16    6 years ago

If it was just a job application, would you hire someone accused of sexual assault? Would you want that hanging over your business?

These days an employer can look at facebook posts, internet history, pictures, memes to decide on an employee.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.21  Ender  replied to    6 years ago

So you would hire a person that was accused of sexual assault even when the whole town/city knows?

I think that would be a great way to put you business out of business.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.22  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.18    6 years ago

and what is the difference between ACCUSED and CONVICTED ? 

If a prospective employer bases their choice on an accusation and it is later found to be unfounded or false , they open themselves up to a discrimination suit but then again most employers would not mention that's what they looked at as a reason for denial of hiring . where as a conviction shows an actual trial took place and the accused was found guilty . 

the only conviction of guilt the justice was found to have was in the court of POLITICALLY motivated public opinion , one that carries no weight and rightly shouldn't.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.23  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.22    6 years ago

A business can hire whoever they want. Public opinion is just that. If a person was accused of child molestation, even if proven innocent, that will always hang over that person.

If you hired this person, that public opinion will most definitely follow them and likely lead to you losing business.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.24  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.21    6 years ago

here is a simple question ender , 

say it is YOU accused of a sex crime, who would you want deciding your guilt or innocence? one that is ready to convict on a mere accusation with no proof , or one that needs to see some modicum of proof that leads to the choice to convict?

Not hard to answer if YOU are the one placed in jeopardy .

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.25  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.24    6 years ago

Do you think people are in the habit of running around making false accusations? Seems to be the consensus here. That Ford and the others are full of shit.

How does one prove it unless they report it immediately? Even if it was it could be twisted and turned.  In years past, women have had themselves denigrated, accused of being sluts, had their concerns dismissed.

Women have fought for decades to be treated as equals and not second class citizens. I don't think women in general are in the habit of making allegations just because. Hell, it still goes on today with sororities getting girls drunk and or drugged to sleep with them. So in thirty years these guys should just have all of that erased just because they are supposedly good people now?

Even so, would you want to hire someone with a lot of excess baggage that will be brought into your business? 

This will forever be in the history books. A cloud will follow him.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1.26  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ender @5.1.25    6 years ago
Do you think people are in the habit of running around making false accusations?

progressives and liberals??   without a doubt.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.27  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.25    6 years ago

that does not answer that simple question I parsed though.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.29  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.27    6 years ago

Nor did you answer any of mine.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.30  Ender  replied to    6 years ago

So now she is mentally ill and tells lies?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.31  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.29    6 years ago

fair enough , I take it you ask IF I had a business I owned or operated  still , would I hire someone accused of a sex crime,  first off its not exactly a question on an employment app though some do ask about any past convictions dependant on the position to be filled so the answer would be I can see it happening  even if unknowingly.

like I said an accusation does not make a conviction.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.32  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.31    6 years ago

The question was more along the lines of hiring a person that everyone in town knew of the accusations. But I accept your answer and I can do the same. I would never put myself in a position where an accusation could hold any merit.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.33  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ender @5.1.18    6 years ago

The progressive liberals idea of a job interview of Judge Kavanaugh turned out more like a inquisition!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.34  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ender @5.1.25    6 years ago

Not nearly as big a cloud that will follow the progressive liberal Democrats that instigated this whole carefully orchestrated mess!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.35  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.33    6 years ago

And what McConnell did was plain obstruction. 

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.36  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.34    6 years ago

We will find out in November.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.37  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ender @5.1.36    6 years ago

That we will.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.38  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Ender @5.1.35    6 years ago

Prove it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.39  Trout Giggles  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.9    6 years ago

Tell me, Vic, exactly what is it that I advocate? Do you live inside my head? Do you have a crystal ball?

I believe in liberty and equal rights for ALL people. Read that again. ALL PEOPLE.

Point out where I have ever advocated for a totalitarian regime or do not believe in equal rights for all people.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.40  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.32    6 years ago
The question was more along the lines of hiring a person that everyone in town knew of the accusations. But I accept your answer and I can do the same. I would never put myself in a position where an accusation could hold any merit.

Ok I can accept that answer . mainly because many do try to do that , but it doesn't stop someone from making an accusation .

Though in order for everyone in town to know of the accusation , it would have to be a small enough population to matter  and I have lived most of my life in small enough towns that people did actually tend to think they knew everyone elses business  true or not.

by merit , do you mean even circumstancial evidence that the accusation could possably be true or untrue? and that further investigation COULD either convict or exonerate? or even be considered as being neither provable or not provable?

In any case , there has to be some level that will need to be met , even a simple level wasn't met in my simple view to support the accusation in the ford case.

My grandpaws always told me , the devil is always in the details .

The detail of my question was who would you want deciding guilt or innocence , one that would simply use the accusation as evidence enough for a conviction , or someone that would need the accusation proven? not that you wouldn't put yourself into the situation could hold merit .

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.41  Ender  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @5.1.38    6 years ago

What is there to prove? McConnell refused to hold a single hearing on Garland. That is fact. People can use any justification they want, it is what it is. Even if they went by their supposed no appointments after summer during election years, there was a four or five month window, which McConnell refused to do anything. Pure delay tactics, which is obstruction.

“There is no rule and all they have to do is follow precedent,” Leahy said of the current Republican majority. “Both with [President Ronald] Reagan when Democrats took over and with Bush when Democrats took over. We kept right way into the fall with judges.”

In 2015, the Republican Senate majority ushered through confirmations for 11 circuit and district court judges. So far in 2016, nine have been confirmed. That’s 20 confirmed this Congress — the lowest number since the 82nd Congress in 1951-52, which confirmed just 18 judges, according to the Congressional Research Service. Harry S. Truman was president at the time. The CRS retains data on judicial confirmations dating to 1945.

Link

Cardin used an imprecise term, "filibuster," to describe a precise Senate parliamentary procedure, "cloture." As far as cloture data kept by the Congressional Research Service, Cardin would be on safer ground if he avoided focusing on "judicial" nominees. By our count, cloture was filed on 36 judicial nominations during the first five years of Obama's presidency, the same total as the previous 40 years combined.

As part of that fact-check we noted that "By our calculation, there were actually 68 individual nominees blocked prior to Obama taking office and 79 (so far) during Obama’s term, for a total of 147."

Link

Sen. Majority Leader  Mitch McConnell  (R-Ky.) impeded and delayed Obama-era judicial nominees to historic levels. Because of McConnell’s systematic blocking of judicial nominees while  Barack Obama  was President,  Donald Trump  entered the presidency in 2017 with nearly double the judicial vacancies that Barack Obama entered with in 2009 .

As the media now chooses to retell the history of judicial nominations over the last decade, the narrative has been shaped as laying equal blame on Democrats and Republicans. While tempting and easy, that’s simply untrue. Sure there is incremental brinksmanship in Congress, particularly the Senate, that both sides have contributed to and it’s appropriate to note.  But in this current war over the judiciary, Republicans have been the aggressors using extreme tactics in both the minority and the majority to weaponize our system of judicial nominations. To lay equal blame at the feet of Sen. Harry Reid for responding to a battle over the court system that was brought to him by the hostile actions of Senate Republicans is a farce.

Link

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.42  Ender  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @5.1.40    6 years ago

I am still under the impression that most people do not accuse without reason. Does it happen on occasion? I remember an article about a man that was accused of abuse by his wife while they were going through a divorce. Opinion shifted to him being innocent and her being bitter.

Still rare.

As far as proof, on a lot of these cases there never will be concrete evidence. Trying to say there should be is a slap in the face to many victims.

Most of these cases are about he said, she said. To dismiss an accusation over partisan political gain just shows party loyalty over any actual (perceived or otherwise) mistreatment.

Can one prove Kevin Spacey did not harass young boys? Is there concrete evidence that Bill Cosby drugged women?

For people to dismiss Ford, call her mentally ill, say she is nothing but a liar, a democrat operative, etc. is sickening and does nothing but try to put out the narrative that women should not be taken seriously unless there is video evidence.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.43  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.39    6 years ago

Then let's make it clear. Is a 36 year old, unproven allegation all that is needed to defeat a Judicial nomination or, for that matter, get a student expelled from a university?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.44  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.42    6 years ago
I am still under the impression that most people do not accuse without reason. Does it happen on occasion?

It happens in politics!  Ideology is the most powerful incentive. You don't think a radical leftist would LIE to take down the 5th Conservative Judge on the Supreme Court?  Really?

Did she lie about training someone to take a polygraph test?
Did she lie about the need to drive from CA to Washington DC?
Did she lie about who was at the "party" or how she got there or how she got home?

Did anyone or WILL anyone question her motivation?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.45  Ender  replied to  Vic Eldred @5.1.44    6 years ago

Her motivation has been questioned repeatedly. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5.1.46  author  Vic Eldred  replied to  Ender @5.1.45    6 years ago

By whom exactly?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
5.1.47  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Ender @5.1.42    6 years ago
McConnell refused to hold a single hearing on Garland.

and not an unpresidented action either , type I unseated USSC nominees in your search bar, and what will come up is some unseated nominees were , denied , they did not get confirmation votes , some were withdrawn or removed themselves from consideration , now here is what I mean garlands situation did have president , there are 15 other nominees that the senate let the clock run out on without a hearing , if the senate does not hold a hearing before the end of the term , the nomination is effectively DEAD , that is basically what happened to obamas nominee for whatever reasons given , AND it has happened at least 15 other times since the founding of the USSC.

your impressions and fact are 2 different things , you posit a bitter wife in a divorce action , I have witnessed it attempted between couples that were not even married , just so one side could screw with the other side ,usually at increased costs for the one being accused , usually what happens is the accusation is dropped with prejudice , basically the court tells the accusor to make sure to have documentation and in most cases at least a verifiable police report given at the time it happened in case they wish to revisit the charge.

so is it rare? not as rare as you seem to think , if someone thinks they can gain an edge , they most likely will use what they can , IF they can get away with it. hell I even saw a property dispute on a property line evolve into one side alluding to the other being a child molester.

personally my dismissal of ford? based on what she said and the supposed witnesses SHE named, none of which even came close to backing up her claim, so who do I believe? the one , or the 3 others that deny anything like described even happened?  Ford in My humble opion , made 2 major mistakes , she trusted a politician with confidentiality , and the second  more important mistake was trusting a Democrat with no proof of her accusation.

And before you label me a gop goon , im am an independent , I lean right on some issues , and left on others , when it comes to burden of proof and innocent until proven guilty , I am definitely hard right , conservative.

Now with that said , who do you want to decide guilt or innocence ? someone that needs even the lowest level of proof of the accusation? or someone like some on this site that will convict simply on the accusation alone ?

I will assume you would want someone that will need some sort of proof other than the accusors word  to convict. meaning you would want someone that will need some level of proof to be met and one that works in your favor.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
5.1.48  Drakkonis  replied to  Ender @5.1.21    6 years ago
So you would hire a person that was accused of sexual assault even when the whole town/city knows?

Do you not see the problem with this? If someone doesn't like someone else's political position all they have to do to destroy them is to make an accusation. Then, the way things work today, no one will hire them. Do you really think that is the kind of society you want to live in? One where you are forced to say and behave a certain way or else they will ruin your life? I don't know why that wouldn't scare the crap out of any thinking individual, unless that individual is the one forcing others to bend to their ideology. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @5    6 years ago

R'Amen

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
5.2.1  bbl-1  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2    6 years ago

Bless you.  For you understand the 'crux' of the 'crux.'

Mouthing the heart of the Gorka, Bannon, Miller and the rest of the 'faux GOP' elitist supporting autocrats.

Listened to Mark Levin lately?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  bbl-1 @5.2.1    6 years ago
Listened to Mark Levin lately?

He comes after I go to bed so no

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6  lennylynx    6 years ago

I believe Ford was being completely honest, and remembers exactly who it was who terrorized her.  She admitted everything she did not remember and told us honestly what she did remember.  She never wanted to go public at all, just ended up having no choice.  She doesn't want this; she is doing this because it's the right thing to do.  This is the simplest and most obvious conclusion.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

Obvious?

More like oblivious.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
6.2  bbl-1  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

True.  And for reasons I cannot understand, ever since the Trump slid down that elevator with his ( wife ) front and center, everything has been in protection mode for the man that has proved nothing except he is a liar, cheat and a fraud.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
6.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago

I agree, that's for stating it so simply and IMO: nutrally.  

I'll add: I drank heavily myself at that age, many times I did not really remember where I had been, what all I had done or who I was even with the evening before. IF Kavanagh did drink heavily he actually honestly may not remember if and that he did this. 

At this point none of this matters anyway, it's a done deal.

PS: Thankfully I stopped drinking long ago.  

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
6.3.1  lennylynx  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @6.3    6 years ago

I drank heavily in my late teens and early twenties, blacked out a few times too, yet I am still 100% certain that I never tried to rape a girl, it's just not in me to behave that way.  I've always found that alcohol is pretty good truth serum.  If you are an angry, or hateful person inside, it will come out when you drink as your inhibitions are greatly diminished.  If you are a caring loving person, this will come out and alcohol will make you be super nice to everyone.  If you're a misogynist who doesn't respect women, this will also come out. 

Sophomore Guide
6.3.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lennylynx @6.3.1    6 years ago
I've always found that alcohol is pretty good truth serum.

Yes alcohol lowers a person's inhibition, they will sometimes be more truthful.

For myself alcohol didn't always bring out the best in me. I consider myself to be a good caring logical responsible person, alcohol lessened all of those qualities in me, I could become much more unpredictable, mean, nasty and uncaring. I'm not alone I've dropped friends who could not control themselves when drunk as well. 

Alcohol like many other drugs affect people differently and even differently in the same person from time to time sometimes even.

Alcohol clouds reality and judgment and can change your behaviour.

BTW: For alcoholics alcohol steals their happiness, then their health, then it kills them prematurely. I know, I was one and my entire immediate family are all dead from alcohol related deaths. 

Thankfully I haven't drank in many years. 

Have a nice day

cms5
Freshman Quiet
6.4  cms5  replied to  lennylynx @6    6 years ago
She never wanted to go public at all, just ended up having no choice.

A person who doesn't want to go public does not contact the media. She went to the Washington Post. Granted, it was 'anonymously'...but still, a person wishing to remain anonymous and determined to keep themselves out of the public light doesn't contact the media. That person also would not permit legal representatives to appear on the media circuits. No, there are too many signs against the claim that she 'never wanted to go public'. Now, she may have been advised that anonymous tips and legal representatives appearances will force Kavanaugh to decline the nomination or slither away. If so, we all know that Kavanaugh refused to go away.

She doesn't want this; she is doing this because it's the right thing to do. 

I believe she should have made her revelations to the FBI or Representatives back in 2012. When she began revealing the assault details to family and friends. That would have been the 'right thing to do' since she stated she was positive then that Kavanaugh was her attacker. He was a Federal Judge at the time. I read somewhere that she and her husband realized that it's possible he could be nominated to the Supreme Court someday - in 2012. There was no reason to wait six years.

Sophomore Guide
6.4.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  cms5 @6.4    6 years ago
A person who doesn't want to go public does not contact the media. She went to the Washington Post. Granted, it was 'anonymously'

She contacted the media initially so the politician couldn't bury the story.

But IMO: you are correct with a story this big, at a time this volatile I see NO WAY anyone was going to bring a story like this forward Anonymously. period  It wasn't reasonable or reasonable from the get go to even try. IMO:

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
7  Just Jim NC TttH    6 years ago

Well seems Ms. Ford captured someone's attention.......................

luther28
Sophomore Silent
8  luther28    6 years ago

From my perspective, both parties should hang their heads in shame. Neither group emerged from this most recent debacle unscathed, the often touted Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves.