╌>

Sad Day

Category:  Other

By:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  58 comments

Sad Day

Our friend Sister Mary Agnes' beloved mother passed away yesterday. 

Rest in peace.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  author  JohnRussell    6 years ago

short-sympathy-quotes.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1  author  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @1    6 years ago

I am so sorry Sister. God bless your mom and dad and you and all your family. It is a very difficult thing to lose your parents. I had just turned 40 when my dad died, and my mom died 12 1/2 years ago. In some ways it never leaves you. 

Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom
Professor Guide
1.1.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JohnRussell @1.1    6 years ago

Thank you, John.  I saw this thoughtful surprise yesterday, but I've been unable to respond until now. 

I'll admit it:  I'm a mess.  I can't seem to go 10 minutes without blubbering like a fool, and what's worse, it happens everywhere...the grocery store, driving down the street, the post office, etc.

I'll get through it I suppose, but I would rather wake up from this heinous dream and have both of them annoying the crap out of me as per usual.   

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.1    6 years ago

I just lost my husband three weeks ago so I know what you must be going through.  Big hug for you.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
1.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago
I just lost my husband three weeks ago so I know what you must be going through.  Big hug for you.

My thoughts to both of you today, I know what it is to lose loved ones. I've lost a few in the past few years and, I know how much it can hurt but, to both of you I can say it gets easier but, you never quite get over it. Birthdays come and, go and, you remember each of them on those days.

I know that I'll be sitting here and, I'll think of one of them and, remember something they said or, did and, then that whole day plays in my head again, then another memory and, soon I'm sad all over again because I can't call them to go through that memory with them. All that being said, There's a song that helped me through most of it, I'm no longer a Christian but, this song still helps me, I hope it does the same for you,

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1.1.4  author  JohnRussell  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago
I just lost my husband three weeks ago

Condolences to you and your family Paula. 

Professor Guide
1.1.5  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago
I just lost my husband three weeks ago

Paula, I am so sorry.  You are grieving, yet you stop by and offer me a hug?  I am humbled.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago

Oh, Paula, I'm so sorry.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
1.1.7  Uptownchick  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my husband almost four years ago but there are times when it seems like days or weeks ago.

((((((Paula))))))

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.8  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @1.1.5    6 years ago

I will hug you anytime you need one.  Thank you all for your thoughts.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
1.1.9  Phoenyx13  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago

i am very sorry to hear of your loss as well - it's never easy but i hope you are able to get through the nights and see the sun again.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
1.1.10  cobaltblue  replied to  Paula Bartholomew @1.1.2    6 years ago
I just lost my husband three weeks ago so I know what you must be going through. 

Oh no. That just jolted me. My heart aches with sympathy and an overwhelming need to hold you close. To cry with you, to hurt with you, to sit in silence with you and share space with you. I wait the day when the mention of his name no longer brings burning tears that begin in the pit of your stomach but instead brings memories that make you smile. That day will eventually come but it seems to take forever. 

I wish you peace and everlasting love, Paula. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Oh, how sad! She just lost her father not too long ago.

(((Sister Mary Agnes)))

My thoughts are with you

Professor Guide
2.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    6 years ago

Thank you my darling Ms. Giggles.  

epistte
Junior Guide
2.1.1  epistte  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @2.1    6 years ago

I'm very sorry for your loss. My dad died when I was in my teens so I know a little bit about how you feel. 

Split Personality
Professor Guide
3  Split Personality    6 years ago

We were so sorry to hear about your Mom's passing. We hope that the love of family and friends will comfort and strengthen you in the days ahead.

Professor Guide
3.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Split Personality @3    6 years ago

Thanks and love to you both.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
4  dave-2693993    6 years ago

Dear Sister Mary Agnes,

Our sincere condolences go to you and those around you.

This is a difficult time, please know there is emotional support for you.

May your Dear Mother Rest In Peace.

Professor Guide
4.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  dave-2693993 @4    6 years ago
May your Dear Mother Rest In Peace.

Thank you.  She's with my Dad.  Probably yelling at him about something or other, and loving every moment of it.

cobaltblue
Junior Quiet
5  cobaltblue    6 years ago

Oh, my aching heart. My Daddy passed away in late in 1998; my sainted Momma passed away seven months after that. They just missed each other, I guess. 

Sister Mary Agnes, one of my earliest memories was laying on a blanket in our vast backyard under several different types of fruit trees we had. We had these "campouts" about once a month. My mother would make a picnic basket with goodies and we'd stay out until day turned into night. My older brother and sister would pick fruit by candlelight in the summer months. My Dad would point out constellations and my Mom told us how the night sky would change from season to season. We'd laugh and talk and my parents would discuss with each other the day's events. My siblings would talk about school and I remember wanting to experience what they were talking about. My sister or my parents would read to me. And after they passed away, those memories all came rushing back to me. Those memories make me smile every time. 

I wish you love. I wish you peace. I wish you were here with me. I wish my arms were around you. I ache with you. You're not walking this walk alone. I'm quietly behind you.

grandfather-quotes-66.jpg

Professor Guide
5.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  cobaltblue @5    6 years ago
We had these "campouts" about once a month.

We had similar outings, usually on Sundays before church.  We would go to North Lake (yeah, I know...North Lake?)  Mom would cook breakfast, Pop would fish, and the 3 of us kids would run around like we had been recently paroled.  I had actually forgotten about those Sunday excursions until I read your comment.  Thank you, dear friend. 

lady in black
Professor Quiet
6  lady in black    6 years ago

Sister Mary Agnes, sorry for your loss.  

Professor Guide
6.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  lady in black @6    6 years ago

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

JaneDoe
Sophomore Silent
8  JaneDoe    6 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Professor Guide
8.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JaneDoe @8    6 years ago

Thank you, JD. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
9  Spikegary    6 years ago

Sister MAAB,

Please accept my condolences and prayers in your time of darkness and sorrow.  I feel for you and understand the pain.  Please reach out to any of us here, that you may consider as friends if we can help in any way.

Professor Guide
9.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Spikegary @9    6 years ago

I believe you just endured a similar event with your father.  Thank you for your words of support.

KatPen
Freshman Silent
10  KatPen    6 years ago

So sorry!  Sending you comfort, peace, and strength.  

Professor Guide
10.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  KatPen @10    6 years ago
Sending you comfort, peace, and strength. 

Needed and accepted.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
11  Nowhere Man    6 years ago

Aww sis, huggs... Many Huggs....

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

I love you....

Praying for you 

Professor Guide
11.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Nowhere Man @11    6 years ago
I love you....

Right back at you.

Phoenyx13
Sophomore Silent
12  Phoenyx13    6 years ago

i'm so sorry to hear of this terrible loss... my condolences and thoughts are with you

Professor Guide
12.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Phoenyx13 @12    6 years ago

Thank you for your kind thoughts.  

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
13  Uptownchick    6 years ago

This is such sad news. Sister I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you. 

Cobalt said it best...

I wish you love. I wish you peace. I wish you were here with me. I wish my arms were around you. I ache with you. You're not walking this walk alone. I'm quietly behind you.

I found this recently and posted it on facebook. I was thinking of my husband but I think it could be meant for any loved one that we've lost.

42889910_1135386246636246_6379115621086396416_n.png?_nc_cat=100&oh=7a851dcb973ecdff300acbd0528c0b80&oe=5C56486B

Professor Guide
13.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Uptownchick @13    6 years ago

That does it.  Blubbering like a fool, I am.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
14  pat wilson    6 years ago

Dear Sister,

So sorry to hear this. I know you were already dealing with your father's passing. Wish I could be there to hug you. We're all thinking of you here at NT.

Pat W

Professor Guide
14.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  pat wilson @14    6 years ago
Wish I could be there to hug you.

That statement alone is therapeutic.  Love and thanks. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
16  Kavika     6 years ago
“There is no death. Only a change of worlds.” 

Professor Guide
16.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Kavika @16    6 years ago

Thanks, Kav.  And by the way, you have been missed around these here parts.  Glad you're back.

Studiusbagus
Sophomore Quiet
17  Studiusbagus    6 years ago

Sister, I'm so sorry you must go through this.

No matter how much we know, we prepare, we try to capture moments, it happens and that pit in the gut is still never prepared enough.

Please accept these good thoughts being sent and wishing you to find your smile again soon.

Joel

Professor Guide
17.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Studiusbagus @17    6 years ago
No matter how much we know, we prepare, we try to capture moments, it happens and that pit in the gut is still never prepared enough.

That is so true!  Although we were told that her brain episode was not survivable, we were still shocked when she actually died.  It was the same way with my dad's passing.  It almost seemed like someone had been playing a colossal joke.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.1  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17.1    6 years ago
It almost seemed like someone had been playing a colossal joke.

I know what you mean, I've been waiting for the punch line since 1979 and, still haven't received it.

(((((((((((((((((((Sister Mary)))))))))))))))))

Professor Guide
17.1.2  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Galen Marvin Ross @17.1.1    6 years ago
I know what you mean, I've been waiting for the punch line since 1979 and, still haven't received it.

Considering that I'm not known for my patience level, that's almost a depressing thought.  jrSmiley_7_smiley_image.png

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
17.1.3  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom @17.1.2    6 years ago
Considering that I'm not known for my patience level, that's almost a depressing thought.

I'm sorry sweety, I didn't mean to depress you more. I have found that many people do help you get through that time and, I know that there are folks out here who can help you to get through it. Perrie says in her comment that your Mom and, Dad did some good work in their lives and, I see that in your comments when you are on here, your humor and, the matter of fact way you tell people how you feel is an inspiration to me and, others, I know you got that from somewhere and, I think it is probably from them.

jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif jrSmiley_15_smiley_image.gif

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
18  Perrie Halpern R.A.    6 years ago

Dear Sister Mary,

Your love and kindness for your Mom and Dad will be felt by them forever. I know you will miss them, but you are a living testament to their good work. I hope that the pain of your loss will pass and only good memories will replace it. 

(((((((Sister)))))))

Professor Guide
18.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @18    6 years ago

Thank you, dear friend.

Cerenkov
Professor Silent
19  Cerenkov    6 years ago

My father passed away almost a year ago. Please accept my sympathies. It's very tough. Please accept help from your friends.

Professor Guide
19.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  Cerenkov @19    6 years ago

My father passed away almost a year ago.

I had no idea.  I'm sorry for your loss, as well.  Thanks for your encouragement.  

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
20  sandy-2021492    6 years ago

Sister Mary Agnes, I am so sorry for your loss.  You have suffered so much over such a short period of time.  I hope you'll soon be able to remember them with a smile.  Big hugs to you, Sister.

Professor Guide
20.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  sandy-2021492 @20    6 years ago

I hope you'll soon be able to remember them with a smile.

Thanks, Sandy.   Although I've experienced tiny snippets of happy memories, I'd like to sleep for a week and wake up to find that completely true.

JBB
Professor Principal
21  JBB    6 years ago

So sorry for your losses...

Professor Guide
21.1  Sister Mary Agnes Ample Bottom  replied to  JBB @21    6 years ago

Thanks, JBB.  One loss was bad enough, but two?  Oy.  

charger 383
Professor Silent
22  charger 383    6 years ago

Sorry to hear this and hope future brings good things

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
23  mocowgirl    6 years ago

Our loved ones are life's greatest treasures. 

My deepest condolences and warmest cyber hugs.

((((((Sister))))))