╌>

Sen. Lindsey Graham's comments on Khashoggi murder are in direct opposition to Trump's position

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  17 comments

Sen. Lindsey Graham's comments on Khashoggi murder are in direct opposition to Trump's position
That MBS figure has got to go . . . MBS has tainted your country and tainted himself.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sen. Lindsey Graham said he plans to call for sanctions against Saudi Arabia over the

disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.   Michael Reynolds/Getty Images

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Tuesday on Fox News that he wants to see Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman forced out of his position after the mysterious disappearance of activist Jamal Khashoggi.

“This guy has got to go,” Graham, R-S.C., said on “Fox and Friends.” “Saudi Arabia, if you’re listening: There are a lot of good people you can choose, but MBS has tainted your country and tainted himself.”

He added, “The MBS figure is, to me, toxic. He can never be a world leader on the world stage.”

[Note: "MBS" is a commonly used abbreviation for "Mohammed bin Salman"]

Important Related Article: Saudi Arabia: Last Week Tonight With John Oliver (HBO) 

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Some people have claimed that the Senator is called "Graham" because he's a real "cracka".

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Khashoggi vanished two weeks ago during a visit to the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. Turkish officials said they fear Khashoggi was killed and dismembered inside the consulate.

The Saudis have called the allegations “baseless," but  multiple media outlets reported Monday  that the Saudi government may say that rogue intelligence operatives murdered Khashoggi by mistake inside the kingdom's consulate in Istanbul earlier this month during an interrogation that went wrong.

(Note:  A group of fifteen men were seen entering the building, one of them carrying a Bone Saw . They were seen leaving the building a short time later . . .)

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Khashoggi had written critically about Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, son of King Salman, for The Washington Post.

“I know this: Nothing what happens in Saudi Arabia without MBS knowing it,” Graham said.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    6 years ago

Is it so hard to wait for an investigation before people demand explanations and responses?

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @4    6 years ago

Oh, the irony!!!!!!!!

Now, can you all just stop trying to impede the Mueller investigation?!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @4.1    6 years ago

Who is trying to impede it? I don't even know how you could do that.

And let's remember that Democrats were calling Trump a traitor and talking about impeachment before he was even elected.

lib50
Professor Silent
4.1.2  lib50  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    6 years ago

Look, some people pay a lot of attention to what is going on, and that includes with Trump and Russia.  There is a lot of info that was out before it was more widespread, much like the lies that got us into Iraq.    I'm not one to go straight to impeachment, but if impeachment was warranted, it would be something far worse than a blow job, it would be for crimes, including treason.   You want rogue impeachment, just look at republicans and what they did. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.3  Tacos!  replied to  lib50 @4.1.2    6 years ago

I wasn't in favor of any of the legal action taken against Clinton, including all the way back to that Whitewater crap. I felt then as I feel now: We have shit that needs taking care of and we need our Congress and the president focused on dealing with that shit. You want to investigate the president for this garbage? Look into it when he's gone. Unless he is doing something seriously criminal in his actual job, investigations are probably politically motivated.

Even so, as I indicated, I don't see the president interfering or impeding. He's bitching and moaning (like anyone would) but he's not interfering.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5  devangelical    6 years ago

Miss Lindsey thinks the guys wearing sheets without the pointy hats are disrespecting him.

Krishna
Professor Expert
6  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Is it so hard to wait for an investigation before people demand explanations and responses?

Yes.

And even Graham himself felt that way in the past.

I surprised that I have to point to you that during the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings Graham had furious outbursts against the accusers of Kavanaugh.

But it was too hard for Graham to wait for the investigation!!!

His ridiculous (& embarrassing) outbursts occurred before the FBI investigation! He couldn't control his emotions-- he simply could not wait for the investigation!!

So yes-- it was indeed too hard for Graham to wait for an investigation! What a sleazy "role model" for our children Senator Graham is!

Tacos!
Professor Guide
6.1  Tacos!  replied to  Krishna @6    6 years ago
I surprised that I have to point to you

And I am surprised that I have to remind you that Kavanaugh had already been through six investigations? 

You should actually listen to the content of Graham's rant instead of just focusing on his tone or whatever. He laid a truthful pattern of unfairness from the Democrats. At no point did he say that we should just ignore Dr. Ford or dismiss her accusations out of hand.

lib50
Professor Silent
7  lib50    6 years ago

Graham is a sad pathetic old fart, all talk then go cower in the corner.  He won't do jack, and neither will other republicans.  They follow, they don't lead anything.  I just sit and wonder what kind of people support the kind of amorality and lack of ethics Trump embodies.  Lies, cheating, fraud, insults, narcissism, arrogance, ego, ignorance..... But somehow 'winning' or smacking down liberals is more important.  Oh, and tax cuts.  These are the same people trying to force their 'values' (or lack thereof) on the entire country!  WTF? 

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1  Ender  replied to  lib50 @7    6 years ago

I can't imagine the people of South Carolina being proud of him. Then again, people only seem to vote for party over character.

Ender
Professor Principal
8  Ender    6 years ago

trump said he would not stop selling arms to Saudi Arabia because it would cost 500k American jobs.

I find that figure a little hard to believe.

devangelical
Professor Principal
8.1  devangelical  replied to  Ender @8    6 years ago

trump won't do anything about it. the saudis did there what trump wishes he could do here.

Ender
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Ender  replied to  devangelical @8.1    6 years ago

I am surprised he hasn't said they are in love yet. It would be ok with rocketman, they all know trump cheats.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
9  Galen Marvin Ross    6 years ago

This means nothing, by next week Graham will be saying, "What comments?".