╌>

Report : Khashoggi was going to reveal use of chemical weapons by Saudis in Yemen

Category:  World News

Via:  johnrussell  •  6 years ago  •  4 comments

Report : Khashoggi was going to reveal use of chemical weapons by Saudis in Yemen
“If Khashoggi did, in fact, have proof that Saudi Arabia was deliberately misusing phosphorous for this purpose, it would be highly embarrassing for the regime and provides the nearest motive yet as to why Riyadh may have acted when they did against him.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1037378/Khashoggi-murder-news-saudi-arabia-chemical-weapons-use

...Last night a close friend of Mr Khashoggi revealed that he was about to obtain “documentary evidence” proving clams that Saudi Arabia had used chemical weapons in its proxy war in Yemen. 

“I met him a week before his death. He was unhappy and he was worried,“ said the middle eastern academic, who did not wish to be named. 

“When I asked him why he was worried, he didn't really want to reply, but eventually he told me he was getting proof that Saudi Arabia had used chemical weapons. He said he hoped he be getting documentary evidence.

“All I can tell you is that the next thing I heard, he was missing.”

While there have been recent unsubstantiated claims in Iran that Saudi Arabia has been supplying ingredients that can be used to produce the nerve agent Sarin in Yemen, it is more likely that Mr Khashoggi was referring to phospherous..

Last month it was claimed that Saudi Arabia had been using US-supplied white phosphorous munitions against troops and even civilians in Yemen,

Though regulations state the chemical may be used to provide smokescreens, if used illegally it can it burn to the bone. 

Chemical warfare expert Col Hamish de Bretton-Gordon said: “We have already seen in Syria that nothing is as effective as chemical, weapons in clearing urban areas of troops and civilians - Assad has used phosphorous for this very reason.

“If Khashoggi did, in fact, have proof that Saudi Arabia was deliberately misusing phosphorous for this purpose, it would be highly embarrassing for the regime and provides the nearest motive yet as to why Riyadh may have acted when they did against him.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JohnRussell    6 years ago

Soon this will all be blown over, if it isnt already. Hundreds of thousands dead in Yemen? Just victims of power politics. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     6 years ago

Willy Peter as it was called in Vietnam...Deadly, horrible stuff that should be banned in any form.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  JohnRussell  replied to  Kavika @2    6 years ago

This story got shuffled right off the front pages in the national media. Makes it easier for the Trump administration to sweep it under the rug as well. 

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
3  lennylynx    6 years ago

Has the Coward-in-Chief tweeted a statement yet?