╌>

US Muslim groups raise tens of thousands for synagogue victims

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  6 years ago  •  4 comments

"We wish to respond to evil with good, as our faith instructs us, and send a powerful message of compassion through action," the groups said in a statement.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By AFP, Reported by Yahoo News, October 29, 2018

"We wish to respond to evil with good, as our faith instructs us, and send a powerful message of compassion through action," the Muslim American groups said in a statement (AFP Photo/ANDREW CABALLERO-REYNOLDS)

Washington (AFP) - A crowdfunding campaign by two Muslim American groups has raised almost $80,000 for the surviving victims of the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting and the relatives of the 11 killed.

The campaign on LaunchGood ( https://www.launchgood.com/project/muslims_unite_for_pittsburgh_synagogue#!/) reached its initial goal of $25,000 within six hours, its second goal of $50,000 after a day, and is now targeting $100,000.

It was organized by CelebrateMercy and MPower Change, Muslim-American non-profits.

"We wish to respond to evil with good, as our faith instructs us, and send a powerful message of compassion through action," the groups said in a statement.

Fundraising proceeds will go toward meeting the short-term needs of the injured victims and grieving families, including funeral expenses and medical bills.

"Through this campaign, we hope to send a united message from the Jewish and Muslim communities that there is no place for this type of hate and violence in America," the groups said. "We pray that this restores a sense of security and peace to the Jewish-American community who has undoubtedly been shaken by this event."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Buzz of the Orient    6 years ago

Interfaith - I experienced it when I was in Toronto, and I'm glad to see it happening in Pittsburgh as well.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    6 years ago

Nice!  

We need MUCH more of this sort of thing ....

Ender
Professor Principal
4  Ender    6 years ago

Nice.

Read this earlier.

They way exceeded their goal.