╌>

Hillary Clinton leaves door open for 2020 run: 'I'd like to be president'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  spikegary  •  6 years ago  •  92 comments

Hillary Clinton leaves door open for 2020 run: 'I'd like to be president'
"I'd like to be president."

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Former Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton during an event over the weekend left the door open to a possible 2020 run, saying that even though she doesn't want to run, "I'd like to be president."

Clinton's comments come as speculation has increased over whether she will launch another bid after the midterm elections.

"Do you want to run again?" Recode's Kara Swisher asked during a Friday night Q&A with Clinton."No," Clinton replied quickly, sparking laughter from the audience. But when Swisher pressed her further, she added: "I'd like to be president."

Clinton went on to say that "there's going to be so much work to be done" after a Democrat "hopefully" wins the next presidential election.

"The work would be work that I feel very well prepared for having been in the Senate for eight years, having been a diplomat in the State Department," she said, listing off the qualifications that she often touted during her previous run.

She added that she's not going to think about a possible run until after the upcoming midterm elections.

Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, announced this month that they will be embarking on a 13-city tour over the next year, hosting discussions about current events and politics across the country.

Clinton in September released a few afterward for her campaign memoir, "What Happened," criticizing the Trump administration's policies and expressing concern that the nation's democracy is "in crisis."

She has stepped up her presence in the national spotlight, appearing in media interviews with greater frequency to criticize the GOP and President Trump.

Longtime Clinton aide Philippe Reines in a Politico profile earlier this month said there is a "not zero" chance that the former Secretary of State will run against Trump.

"It's curious why Hillary Clinton's name isn't in the mix-either conversationally or in formal polling-as a 2020 candidate," Reines told Politico. "She's younger than Donald Trump by a year. She's younger than Joe Biden by four years. Is it that she's run before? This would be Bernie Sanders's second time, and Biden's third time. Is it lack of support? She had 65 million people vote for her."

When Politico asked if she's running, Reines said, "It's somewhere between highly unlikely and zero, but it's not zero."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
1  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

RED BOX RULES APPLY

This article is about Hillary Clinton possibly seeking a 3rd run for President of the United States.  This is about the Democrat Party and how they will proceed in the 2020 election.  Any other discussions will be marked as 'Off Topic'.  If you need to speak about the other side of the aisle or the sitting president, take it elsewhere.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
3  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

So, will it be Hillary 3.0 or will somoene else take the reins?  If you think it will be or woul dlike iot to be someone else, please tell us and exp,lain why you think they'd make a good president.

I don't think Hillary would be the right person for the job.  I wonder if Sanders or Biden will run?  Is there a dark horse out there tha can appeal to the middle?  If there is someone that leans towards the middle, can he/she win without the support of those on the far edge?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Spikegary @3    6 years ago

I hope she does run again. She has continued to be a "heaven-sent" gift to the right for a long time now. What with Avenatti, Booker, Warren, Harris, and John Hickenlooper of Colorado poised to run, she would fit right in. Hickenlooper is best known as the current Governor and a very close friend of Evan Ebel's father, and apparently arranged for the early release of this killer, who was later killed in a Texas shootout.

Galen Marvin Ross
Sophomore Participates
3.4  Galen Marvin Ross  replied to  Spikegary @3    6 years ago
I don't think Hillary would be the right person for the job.  I wonder if Sanders or Biden will run?  Is there a dark horse out there tha can appeal to the middle?  If there is someone that leans towards the middle, can he/she win without the support of those on the far edge?

Good questions there but, to be honest, Hillary might want to be president but, maybe she is only musing over the idea, I've done that before and, changed my mind or, never intended to carry out the musing to begin with, it was just a daydream. As far as who will run and, who is better than all the others, I haven't a clue right now. Sanders is older than dirt, I don't know if he could survive the rigors of being president, Biden is in kind of the same boat but, he would make for interesting debates, especially against Trump.

nightwalker
Sophomore Silent
3.5  nightwalker  replied to  Spikegary @3    6 years ago

I think somebody that leans hard left would do well, Sanders was doing real well despite the DNC putting the brakes on him and it's going to take something more then a moderate for damage control and course change.

But not Hillary, not because of the propaganda about her, but she's just too much a professional politician and I know we can do better then that.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4  Nowhere Man    6 years ago

What, A joke candidacy?

At this point she should run, the democrats should nominate her...

Only if they want to lose again....

Maybe, there isn't anyone else they have on the national scene.

The Governor of WA State, Inslee has given hints he would like to make a run, but he's already a confirmed campaign liar. We have him on video and audio lying....

I don't see anyone on that side. but I don't see anyone on the republican side either....

We have no real leaders, that is the saddest thing of all....

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.1  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Nowhere Man @4    6 years ago

I have to agree with you.  I've been asking for almost 2 years now who is going to correct the ship for the Democrats, but get no answers whatsoever.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Nowhere Man @4    6 years ago
Maybe, there isn't anyone else they have on the national scene.

Begs, the question - WHY isn't there anyone else on the national scene for the Democratic party?  

I had hoped after the debacle of 2016, when the Democratic party did not field at least 6 viable candidates for POTUS, that the leaders of the Democratic party would have been busy promoting potential candidates on the national stage since January 2017.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
4.2.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2    6 years ago

You would think.

But they have been too busy keeping the good ol' boy/girl network going....

2016 exposed just how corrupt that network is and has been rejected. That is why the hate we see today.

But it also stems from the previous 2012 presidential cycle that exposed the same problem in the republican party.

People reject the absolute party control system. This is what gave us T-rump.

It's no longer politics as usual. 

And the parties are rejecting that the playing field has irrevocably changed... They still want it easy with mindless voting for the "Chosen" ones....

For most politicians that is a very fearful place to be in.... Hence why they don't want to come forward....

Hey! it's good to see you here girl, missed you.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2    6 years ago

The Democrat Party has slipped gradually to the extreme left...it's surely not your father's Democrat party anymore. Once upon a time they cared about the middle-class, the workers, the disadvantaged, and  the poor.

Now their only concerns seem to be: getting rid of Trump....over and above all else,  on demand abortion, shipping in more and more illegal immigrants and refugees, and transgender issues. That's why the fed up voters have slipped gradually to the right.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.2.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Nowhere Man @4.2.1    6 years ago
It's no longer politics as usual. 

I hope so.  People's mindsets should learn and evolve over time with an eye to the future instead of stagnate or even de-evolve trying to bring back an idyllic youth where the only thing idyllic about it was being young and full of ourselves.  LOL!

And the parties are rejecting that the playing field has irrevocably changed... They still want it easy with mindless voting for the "Chosen" ones....

I liked the false sense of security I used to have about electing "good" people to represent me and promote my interests and well-being.  Those "good" people don't know or care that the working people exist except around election time.

For most politicians that is a very fearful place to be in.... Hence why they don't want to come forward....

Most politicians are very likely narcissists, sociopaths and even psychopaths.  They are just brainstorming with their handlers to come up with better strategies to maintain their power.  These folks have grandiose visions of self-worth and feel an entitlement to rule.  Some of them have been in power for decades.  We have unknowingly created an elected monarchy for decades where the majority of power has been concentrated in the hands of the backers of the Bush and Clinton families.  This had led to major financial meltdowns ever since the S&L bailout that benefited the banking industry to the detriment of the US taxpayer and working class.

Partisan politics only benefits Wall Street.

Hey! it's good to see you here girl, missed you.

Thank you.  I have been working on projects around the house as my old aching muscles will allow.  Also, it gives me time to enjoy the beauty of life without the partisan bickering.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.2.4  mocowgirl  replied to  Greg Jones @4.2.2    6 years ago
The Democrat Party has slipped gradually to the extreme left...

on social issues.  The Democratic Party walks in lockstep with the Republican Party and has ever since the day Bill Clinton took office in 1992.  Hillary helped twist arms to pass NAFTA.

As far as the social issues, as a woman, I know that my sex and reproductive life is my business and government should never restrict my access to any form of birth control that I deem necessary for my mental and physical heath.  My life should be belong to me, shouldn't it?

Anyone, who believes that they should control the sex and reproductive lives of women, need to provide certification of who and what authority gives the right to enslave women.  

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
4.2.5  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2.4    6 years ago
Hillary helped twist arms to pass NAFTA.

that explains that shit trade deal....

and she wants to do more of that?

trade, economy, border, not winning issues for her or anyone else on the left.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.6  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2.4    6 years ago

I agree with you, I identify as a Republican but prefer middle stances.  Your genitalia and how you use it is none of my business.  As to Birth Control?  You can pay for it like any other medicine, via co-pays if you have insurance.  As Birth Control is voluntary (Viagara is also), others shouldn't have to subsidize.

I think the key to 2020 will be who can convince the middle.......

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
4.2.7  mocowgirl  replied to  Spikegary @4.2.6    6 years ago
As to Birth Control?  You can pay for it like any other medicine,

If there is only one medicine that should be absolutely free worldwide - it is all forms of contraceptives.

Our entire society benefits from preventing the conception of unwanted pregnancies. 

Check out link below for social consequences/burdens from unwanted children.    This is worldwide research on this issue and the detrimental effects on society.  I do not understand how anyone can be opposed to preventing unwanted pregnancies when the following factors are taken into consideration.

Unintended pregnancy is among the most troubling public health problems and a major reproductive health issue worldwide imposing appreciable socioeconomic burden on individuals and society. Governments generally plan to control growth of births (especially wanted births as well as orphans and illegitimate births) imposing extra burden on public funding of the governments which inevitably affects economic efficiency and leads to economic slowdown, too.

Unintended pregnancy is one of the most critical challenges facing the public health system that imposes substantial financial and social costs on society. On the other hand, affecting fertility indicators, it causes reduced quality of life and workforce efficiency. Therefore lowering the incidence of intended pregnancies correlates with elevating economic growth, socio-economic development and promoting public health.

I look forward to the day that there is a birth control pill/implant for males, but condoms should still be used as disease prevention when having sex outside a monogamous relationship. 

livefreeordie
Junior Silent
4.2.8  livefreeordie  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2.7    6 years ago

If you cannot pay for your own birth control then you have no business being sexually active.  Adult behavior means also having adult responsibility for your actions

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
4.2.9  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  mocowgirl @4.2.7    6 years ago

I'm thinking sex outside of a monogamous relationship kind of screws up the who monogamy, but point taken.

I'd love to see some candidates that I don't have to hold my nose to cast a ballot for. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
5  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

Sorry about the mispellings and poor punctuation......I saw it after I typed and hit 'Post', that my normal poor typing skills were once again on display, network issues wouldn't let me go back and correct......

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
5.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Spikegary @5    6 years ago

no worries... the spellchecked grammer nazi's will be ignored.

cheers :)

Robert in Ohio
Professor Guide
6  Robert in Ohio    6 years ago

If there is one thing that will assure that President trump is re-elected it is Hillary as the Democratic Party candidate in 2020.

A primary dog fight between Clinton, Sanders, Harris, Booker and a few others would make for an interesting campaign season

Hillary 2020 "Still Running After All These Years" - the campaign slogan writes itself

Tessylo
Professor Principal
7  Tessylo    6 years ago

A have a  hard time imagining Hillary actually running for President ever again.   Why would she want to put up with the non-stop nonsense from the former Bernie supporters and the former and present Rump supporters?

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
7.1  lennylynx  replied to  Tessylo @7    6 years ago

Hillary is tough as nails...

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
8  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

Robert and Tessylo, I asked you not to.  I even included it in ther RBRs.  Both marked as Off Topic.  Please address the article.

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
8.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Spikegary @8    6 years ago
This article is about Hillary Clinton possibly seeking a 3rd run for President of the United States.  This is about the Democrat Party and how they will proceed in the 2020 election.  Any other discussions will be marked as 'Off Topic'.  If you need to speak about the other side of the aisle or the sitting president, take it elsewhere.

I was going to make a comparison. I'll go somewhere else. 

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10  Enoch    6 years ago

Dear Friend Spikegary: It's a most interesting question you pose.

If there is a dark horse candidate in the Democratic party who would be a more electable candidate than Mrs. Clinton here are the qualities and background I think they would need to create a coalition large enough to sweep a majority in the electoral college.  

Someone who would bring out voters who do not normally cast ballots in all states.

Someone who served honorably in the U.S. military. Veterans already established that they walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Veterans know how to serve, and are willing to assume risks.

Someone who can turn out the female vote, without respect to party.

Someone who can speak for the disenfranchised, who lack a voice to represent their concerns and interests. 

A candidate with a realistic plan to insure universal, affordable and high quality health care.

A candidate with a functional plan to rebuild the middle class.

A head the party ticket person who can inspire us to bring out the best in American values and traditions. 

A President and Commander in Chief that can establish respect and solidarity to nations who are allies. 

A candidate who can get beneficial trade agreements with trading partners, allies or not.

A coalition builder who can bring together based on common goals enough groups nationally and globally to advance fairly and equitably joint interests domestically and planet wide. 

It is early yet to know who that will be. 

Once past the mid terms, let's see who will emerge as a center to liberal progressive voice that resonates with enough of the populace where it counts to take the electoral college, and therefore oval office. 

I do think Mrs. Clinton is a bright and widely experienced person.

I do not opine that she can win the day in 2020.

It depends against whom she would run, of course.

She is a person it seems people are strongly for or against.

The right candidate for for progressive liberal and moderate voters would need to be more appealing, beyond a majority of the popular vote to take the election. 

If nominated, I refuse.

If elected, I demand a recount. 

Peace and Abundant Blessings this Fall Season to You and Yours.

Enoch.   

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10.1  Nowhere Man  replied to  Enoch @10    6 years ago

Aww Enoch, the one man qualified for the job refuses it.

You would be too good for this country.... (but you would get my vote)

Good to see ya Brother....

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.1  Enoch  replied to  Nowhere Man @10.1    6 years ago

Dear Friend Nowhere Man: Always brightens my day to see you, and learn from you. 

All best wishes for a super fall.

Peace and Abundant Blessings to You and Yours Always.

Enoch.

dave-2693993
Junior Quiet
10.1.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Enoch @10.1.1    6 years ago

Enoch, it is good to see you.

Some balance is always good.

We need some balance in our political arena. Your comments make sense.

Are you back? Or is this a quick visit?

How is your mission going?

Take care.

P.S. I don't know how a question mark was typed at the end of the first sentence. It is fixed now.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.3  Enoch  replied to  dave-2693993 @10.1.2    6 years ago

Dear Friend Dave: Always a joy to see and learn from and be inspired by you. 

Not quite back yet.

Flying out of area weekly teaching mini seminars at an Ivy League University in another state.

When done, will go in for open heart surgery.

I am back briefly to write an article calling for members of the News Talkers Community to share experiences and ideas on how to support, not attack others.

You are right.

We need more balance than we have.

Current events make this point very clearly.

In 2019 I should be mended free and able to do more for this site.

Meanwhile I leave it in the capable hands of you, Nowhere man and so many others. 

Peace and Abundant blessings (and lots of turkey forthcoming).

Enoch. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
10.1.4  mocowgirl  replied to  Enoch @10.1.3    6 years ago

Best wishes for a successful surgery and rapid recovery.

Peace, Joy and Happiness to you and yours.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.5  Enoch  replied to  mocowgirl @10.1.4    6 years ago

Dear Friend Mocowgirl: Thanks for your good wishes and concern. 

As ever, you are a role model to one and all here for caring.

My surgeon is head of the department of Cardiological Surgery.

He is the one other doctors go to for this procedure.

I hope the summer went well, as will the fall for you and yours.

It always lifts my spirits to interact with you.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Enoch.

Nowhere Man
Junior Guide
10.1.6  Nowhere Man  replied to  Enoch @10.1.3    6 years ago
In 2019 I should be mended free and able to do more for this site.

Be well my friend, this site needs your wisdom and guidance, I, need your wisdom and guidance....

Always been grateful for your friendship, you represent a light that cannot be extinguished...

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.8  Enoch  replied to  Nowhere Man @10.1.6    6 years ago

Dear Friend and Brother Nowhere Man: Right back atcha!

P&AB.

E.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.9  Enoch  replied to  Kathleen @10.1.7    6 years ago

Dear Friend Kathleen: Thanks for your good thoughts and wishes.

With you on my side, no stopping me now.

P&AB.

E.

Kavika
Professor Principal
10.1.10  Kavika   replied to  Enoch @10.1.3    6 years ago

I'll be counting on you to return with vigor and humor....

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.11  Enoch  replied to  Kavika @10.1.10    6 years ago

Dear Brother Kavika: All will go well.

Jay's Diner needs us both healthy for their bottom line.

P&AB.

E.

devangelical
Professor Principal
10.1.12  devangelical  replied to  Enoch @10.1.11    6 years ago

God speed Rabbi.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.13  Enoch  replied to  devangelical @10.1.12    6 years ago

Dear Friend Devangelical: Many thanks for the kind words and thoughts.

All best wishes to you and yours for this fall and winter.

Peace and Abundant Blessings.

Enoch.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
10.1.14  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Enoch @10.1.11    6 years ago

So they can experiment on you with the cooking there?

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.15  Enoch  replied to  Spikegary @10.1.14    6 years ago

LOL

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.16  Raven Wing  replied to  Enoch @10.1.5    6 years ago

Dear Brother in Spirit and treasured Mentor Enoch,

I am truly sorry to hear that you will be going in for surgery before long, and for something so very serious. As always my prayers are with you, and I will light my Spirit candles in prayer for your safe recovery. 

If there is any way I can be of help in any way along the way of your recovery, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am, as always, most happy to help in any way I can. As Brother and Sister in Spirit, and in the eyes of the Creator, it is my great pleasure to assist however possible.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.1.17  Enoch  replied to  Raven Wing @10.1.16    6 years ago

Dear Close Friend, Sister in Spirit and Treasured Writing Partner Raven Wing: Many thanks for your beautiful offer, kind thoughts and words.

With you on my side I cannot but to have a maximally good outcome.

My surgeon will be the chair of the department of Cardiac Surgery at a local teaching university hospital. 

He is a full professor of medicine.

For 10% extra, he promised to use clean cutting tools.

The human heart is both a muscle and a pump.

Pumps have valves.

Human hearts have four of them.

They are mechanical parts.

They wear out over time.

I am at the 3/4 century mark.

When there are valve problems they usually occur in the aortic and/or mitreal valve(s).

In my case the aortic.

The open heart operation will remove the too narrow to function properly aortic valve.

They will replace it with a tissue valve.

They are good for at least twelve years. 

By then I will be 86 (83 on the west coast, due to time zone differentials).

I should be in hospital for from 4-7 days if all goes well.

The surgery is a secondary reason for the stay.

Primary motivation is to wear the Fashion Avenue level open air in the back gowns, and feast on the gourmet cuisine for which hospitals are famous.

Jay's Diner take note.

Mrs. E., our son, daughter and grandchildren will come visit, when that makes sense. 

According to my surgeon, Dr. Co-pay, I should be good to go by early 2019. 

I will keep in touch, after hospital discharge by private email.

Meanwhile, please do me this favor.

Kindly send our brother Kavika some oranges. 

Since his move from Missouri to Florida, I don't know where he can get locally grown citrus.

P&AB.

Enoch.  

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
10.1.18  Raven Wing  replied to  Enoch @10.1.17    6 years ago
Kindly send our brother Kavika some oranges. 

Dear Brother in Spirit Enoch,

Will do. I have also been researching on the other requests you mentioned earlier and will work with our resident Technology expert to find a way to accomplish your request. 

And yes, the open air hospital gowns are indeed of high fashion quality.  (grin)

As for the food, my digestive tract was in less shape after my last visit to a hospital than upon arrival there. But, my gall-bladder was no longer a problem. (smile)

I will look forward to hearing from you by private email when the time comes.

Stay well and be careful. 

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
10.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Enoch @10    6 years ago

Well, you certainly did not describe Hillary, the two time loser girl.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
10.3  Skrekk  replied to  Enoch @10    6 years ago
Someone who served honorably in the U.S. military. Veterans already established that they walk the walk, not just talk the talk. Veterans know how to serve, and are willing to assume risks.

I disagree with that strongly while agreeing in part.    [deleted]    It would also be nice if a candidate didn't use his or her own military service to pander to reactionaries but that's probably far too much to ask.

Enoch
Masters Quiet
10.3.2  Enoch  replied to  Skrekk @10.3    6 years ago

Dear Friend Skrekk: I understand and and sympathetic to your well reasoned point.

Not all veterans support extremism from any party.

Kavika and I are both veterans (among many others in this community).

I have scar tissue in my torso from stopping ordinance while in hand to hand combat.

That said, I want both parties to nominate those who are in public service to serve the great good (Pro Bono Publico).

Those who served a cause greater than themselves, put it all on the line for freedom and decency have an important credential to serve.

Military is not the only way to serve.

I am open for anyone who did for others at personal sacrifice and risk.

I think that on point for candidates of both parties.

Thank you for your post.

It is of value and appreciated.

Peace and Abundant Blessings Always.

Enoch.      

Sunshine
Professor Quiet
11  Sunshine    6 years ago

I don't know how she can win....she couldn't even manage to do it with her Hubby, Obama, Lynch, and the FBI fixing it for her.  

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
11.1  Ozzwald  replied to  Sunshine @11    6 years ago

[deleted]

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
11.1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  Ozzwald @11.1    6 years ago

No....HRC really was that bad....nothing the Russians might have done or said cost the Democrats the election.

Skrekk
Sophomore Participates
11.1.3  Skrekk  replied to  Greg Jones @11.1.2    6 years ago
No....HRC really was that bad

You mean because she got more votes than your guy?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.4  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  Ozzwald @11.1    6 years ago

[deleted]

Sophomore Guide
11.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11.1.4    6 years ago
I will be voting for Trump/Pence/and Putin

Your honesty is appreciated ... comrad. 

lol

Sophomore Guide
11.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Greg Jones @11.1.2    6 years ago
HRC really was that bad...

Yeah but that's all the dems had. Too bad for us all. 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.7  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @11.1.5    6 years ago

[deleted]

Sophomore Guide
11.1.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  The Magic 8 Ball @11.1.7    6 years ago
well ya know... im a results based person.

I too appreciate results. But to me how the results are achieved also has merit. So I sincerely doubt trump gets my vote this time again either. 

Sophomore Guide
11.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to    6 years ago
The Framers knew their snake oil.

Some probably did some it probably took em by surprise. 

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
11.1.11  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Ozzwald @11.1    6 years ago

[deleted]

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
11.1.12  Colour Me Free  replied to  Skrekk @11.1.3    6 years ago
You mean because she got more votes than your guy?

Okay .. so which is it .. the Russians manipulated the electoral college or the vote?

H. made errors, she campaigned in the places she already had the vote - she did not have to show up to fund raisers in order to get money out of California.. her husband showed up to a grade school in Billings MT a venue of like 200 .. now Montana only has 3 electoral votes - but apparently the cows get more representation in the Senate than citizens of CA do, so perhaps H. should have paid attention to the lil people ? 

Side note:  [sorry spikegary for deviating off topic]  The current president and his son cannot seem to leave Montana alone .. the current president was the first seated to visit Missoula MT since 1954 .. Bernie Sanders had a campaign rally in Missoula .. apparently he found out that Western Montana is quite purple?

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
11.1.13  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @11.1.9    6 years ago

I know you are against OUR agenda, but that's cool.

pelosi said it best:

"if there is some collateral damage for others who do not share our view, well, so be it"

cheers :)

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
11.1.15  Ozzwald  replied to  Spikegary @11.1.11    6 years ago

So you deleted my comment about Russia fixing the election (something that has been proven), but you allowed Sunshine's comment about Hillary, Lynch and the FBI fixing the election (no proof whatsoever)? 

I think your prejudices are showing.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
11.1.16  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  Ozzwald @11.1.15    6 years ago

Not worried about what you are thinking.  Read the RBRs.  Comment accordingly or I will mark you off topic.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
13  Tacos!    6 years ago

I don't even know what - if anything - the Democratic party stands for anymore. One after another, leaders of that party have renounced views they previously campaigned on. Two years ago, Hillary Clinton spent most of her campaign condemning and apologizing for everything she ever said, did, or believed. Even if you want to vote Democrat, I don't know how you can trust Hillary to do anything she says she would if elected. So the notion that the party, in its current state, would nominate her again just seems highly improbable.

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
14  The Magic 8 Ball    6 years ago
Hillary Clinton Leaves Door Open For 2020 Run:

run? she can barely walk... LOL

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
15  JohnRussell    6 years ago

This article arrived just in time. wink wink. 

I wonder how much conservative media is concentrating on this "story" today? 

The Magic 8 Ball
Masters Quiet
15.1  The Magic 8 Ball  replied to  JohnRussell @15    6 years ago

since this is the first I have heard of it?  not so much

but im sure they will bring it up for at least a minute or two just to laugh at her also... LOL

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
15.2  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  JohnRussell @15    6 years ago

No idea, John.  I don't spend much time following either extreme.  Now that you've gotten that out of your system, care to comment on the article IAW the RBRs, or just more insulting commentary that has nothing to do with the RBRs?

cms5
Freshman Quiet
16  cms5    6 years ago

Please...if she's all the DNC has...let her run! The DNC should recognize that she is not their best candidate...right?

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
17  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

I'm having too many problems with my network , so I 'm going to lock for now.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
18  seeder  Spikegary    6 years ago

Okay, unlocked again, hopefully I won't have the same kind of network issues today.  Please refocus on the question asked above.  Who will the Dems go with?  Please do not bash, do not Trump, etc., etc.  Thank you.

pat wilson
Professor Participates
18.1  pat wilson  replied to  Spikegary @18    6 years ago
Who will the Dems go with?

I think you should be more concerned about who the Republicans go with.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
18.1.1  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  pat wilson @18.1    6 years ago

I think you should go back and read the RBRs (Hidden at comment 1) and top fretting about what I should be concerned with.  [deleted]

pat wilson
Professor Participates
18.1.2  pat wilson  replied to  Spikegary @18.1.1    6 years ago
removed for contex

I thought I was "discussing" your post. You've been here long enough to know that I discuss what I have knowledge of and leave the rest to those who are much more capable than I.

Sorry I missed the RBR, shoot me. I thought I was "discussing" your post.

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
18.1.3  seeder  Spikegary  replied to  pat wilson @18.1.2    6 years ago

That's why we are supposed to put the first comment in Red, so it will catch attention.  Starting at the beginning of an article provides context for comments, unless you just start in the middle and assume you understand the comments up to that point.

bugsy
Professor Participates
19  bugsy    6 years ago

What she really meant was she wants to be President, but does not want to go through the inconvenience of a campaign.

deleted

lennylynx
Sophomore Quiet
19.1  lennylynx  replied to  bugsy @19    6 years ago

removed for context

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
20  Raven Wing    6 years ago

For the record. I am not a Democrat, but, if I were, I would never vote for Hillary Clinton. There are far better qualified people out there for the Oval office.