╌>

Trump's hypocritical double standards when it comes to demanding "Loyalty"

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  6 years ago  •  33 comments

Trump's hypocritical double standards when it comes to demanding "Loyalty"
One of those ways: launching into a rant and singling out vulnerable Republicans who distanced themselves from the president and lost.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Trump launching into a rant and singling out vulnerable Republicans

who distanced themselves from the president and lost.

During a rambling news conference that began as a soliloquy, President Donald Trump on Wednesday found plenty of ways to downplay his party’s losses in congressional races in Tuesday’s midterms, when Democrats regained control of the U.S. House.

One of those ways: launching into a rant and singling out vulnerable Republicans who distanced themselves from the president and lost.

Trump did not mention other House incumbents who lost their races despite embracing him ― such as Reps. Dave Brat (R-Va.), Pete Sessions (R-Texas), Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) and Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) — or other pro-Trump Republicans who lost their state or national races.

Trump always demands unwavering loyalty to himself-- but when it comes to him being loyal to fellow Republicans that's certainly not the case! His hypocritical posture is quite obvious....

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Trump did not mention other House incumbents who lost their races despite embracing him ― such as Reps. Dave Brat (R-Va.), Pete Sessions (R-Texas), Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) and Dan Donovan (R-N.Y.) — or other pro-Trump Republicans who lost their state or national races.

On Wednesday, he also blamed the historically high number of retiring GOP representatives for creating “very tough” conditions for Republicans. Many of those incumbents retired in part because of Trump.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    6 years ago

Of Rep. Mike Coffman (R-Colo.), Trump said: “Too bad, Mike.”

“Mia Love gave me no love. And she lost,” he added, referring to the Republican from Utah. “Too bad. Sorry about that, Mia.”

Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) lost to Democrat Jennifer Wexton, who partially ran her campaign by tying Comstock to Trump.

“She didn’t go on to have any embrace,” Trump said of Comstock. “For that, I don’t blame her. But she lost, substantially lost.”

“Those are some people that decided for their own reason not to embrace, whether it is me or what we stand for,” the president said, after listing several more losing GOP candidates.

Trump has always been obsessed with loyalty-- and criticizes (and even fires!)  those that put loyalty to country or party over loyalty to him! (Jeff Sessions, one of the most loyal to Conservative principles and indeed to the Republican Party, was ousted because he put those values over unthinking blind loyalty to Trump's nefarious schemes).

His incredibly stupid criticism of Republicans just because he didn't "have them in his pocket" can only hurt the Republican Party-- but does he really care about that? It seems he puts his own childish Ego needs ahead of anything else!

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

he certainly is a one man army. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3    6 years ago

Who can't shoot straight

lady in black
Professor Quiet
4  lady in black    6 years ago

Trump is a disgrace, disgusting, egotistical, misogynistic, piece of shit, poor excuse for a human, loud mouth buffoon, etc., etc., etc.

Who the hell would be loyal to him when he shows no loyalty.  

Example:    Person A is a wonderful smart person......get's mad at Person A....Person A is a moron, etc., etc.,....you get the picture....be a YES man/woman to him and you're fine.....the minute you get him mad at you you are a piece of shit.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5  It Is ME    6 years ago

Does it really matter in the overall scheme of Politics. The "Senate" holds all the cards, no matter who actually rules the "House".

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @5    6 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.1  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @5.1    6 years ago

You having a "Women" problem ?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.2  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    6 years ago

No.....title of the song.....trump supporters......

BTW....love Alan Parsons and LOVE Supertramp!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  lady in black  replied to  It Is ME @5.1.1    6 years ago

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.4  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @5.1.2    6 years ago
BTW....love Alan Parsons and LOVE Supertramp!

Same ! jrSmiley_13_smiley_image.gif

They don't make songs like that anymore ! jrSmiley_89_smiley_image.gif

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.5  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @5.1.3    6 years ago

You rely toooooo muuuuuch on "Fact check self" News media reports.

Have you had a hard life these last two years ?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.1.6  It Is ME  replied to  lady in black @5.1.2    6 years ago
No.....title of the song.....trump supporters......

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

Too much fun !

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5    6 years ago

All legislation can legally only come from the house.

The only thing the senate can do on its own is confirm appointments.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3.1  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.3    6 years ago
All legislation can legally only come from the house.

Legislation/laws can be proposed by either House or Senate!

Didn't you get the memo. 

Either way, it has to pass committees and  both houses before it gets to "Veto Power" president.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.2  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.3.1    6 years ago

My bad, revenue comes from the house.

Either way both houses have to agree on legislation. So trump is going to be pretty much a lame duck for the next two years.

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3.3  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.3.2    6 years ago
So trump is going to be pretty much a lame duck for the next two years.

Actually, Our lame Congress will be....AGAIN ! Trump will just do the Obama thing and sign executive orders.

Has Congress hit 15 % approval again yet ?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.4  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.3.3    6 years ago

So in other words, you were against Obama signing EOs but are now going to cheer for trump when he does it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.3.5  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ender @5.3.4    6 years ago

Of course. If the right wing didn't have double standards they wouldn't have any standards

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3.6  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.3.4    6 years ago

Where did I ever say that ?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.7  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.3.6    6 years ago

Where did you ever discount it?

It Is ME
Masters Guide
5.3.8  It Is ME  replied to  Ender @5.3.7    6 years ago

Where did you ever discount it?

When did I ever need to ?

Ender
Professor Principal
5.3.9  Ender  replied to  It Is ME @5.3.8    6 years ago

You don't have to do anything. Silence still shows a position.

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
5.3.10  Thrawn 31  replied to  Ender @5.3.9    6 years ago

Silence is consent. 

Thrawn 31
Professor Guide
6  Thrawn 31    6 years ago

Trump and loyalty is very easy to understand. He expects it but is not obligated to return it. Simple as that and it has been obvious for decades. As long as Trump thinks you are "useful" to him he will keep you around, but make no mistake, as soon as he no longer sees a benefit to your presence he will turn on you in a heartbeat. Loyalty is a one way street for him.