Jimmy Kimmel mocks Trumpy Bear in hilarious spoof video

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  tessylo  •  6 years ago  •  69 comments

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Entertainment

trumpy-bear.jpg?quality=98&strip=all

Over the weekend, an utterly bizarre and downright comical TV commercial for a Donald Trump styled teddy bear hit the airwaves. The product in question? Trumpy Bear. What is it? Well, if you must know, it’s a bear with Donald Trump-esque blonde hair and a secret zipper on the back which hides — naturally — an American flag blanket. The commercial itself is so ludicrious that you’d be forgiven for thinking it was an Onion-style parody. But as it turns out, the commercial and the product itself are both very real.

Priced at around $40, one would be hard-pressed to call Trumpy Bear a bargain, though it might make for a fun gag gift I suppose. The video itself features a number of folks talking about how Trumpy Bear enriches their day-to-day lives. Of course, once the Trumpy Bear commercial started going viral, it didn’t take long for comics to poke fun at the peculiar, and yet entertaining commercial. To this point, Jimmy Kimmel just last night lampooned Trumpy Bear during a hilarious segment on   Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Kimmel’s spoof video comes out swinging and features a child holding a Trumpy Bear in front of a chain link fence.

“I was torn away from my mom at the border,” the child says, “but that’s okay, I have my Trumpy Bear. Trumpy Bear, you’re my new mom.”

The video then jumps to a scene featuring an African American male with a Trumpy Bear positioned in the front seat. “I get pulled over at least once a day for no good reason,” the man says. “But now I can make the police smile with my partner, Trumpy Bear.”

Perhaps the best part of the spoof includes a nice Vladimir Putin joke, but we don’t want to spoil all of the surprises. You can check out the full video below. It’s definitely good for more than a few laughs.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Tessylo    6 years ago

Who would waste the $40?

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Who's marketing this thing?

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
1.1.1  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1    6 years ago

Trump via China.

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
1.2  Dismayed Patriot  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago
Who would waste the $40?

I hear David Duke proclaimed them "the most popular gift to give at cross burnings"... they're also very popular as crotch-less panty stocking stuffers... They all come with a comb-over comb...

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Tessylo @1    6 years ago

Certainly one of the less than stellar enterprises Trump has engaged in. I would not even pay $10.00 for that thing. I asked my 7 year old grand daughter if she wanted one? She looked at me with a stern look on her face and said, "Pop, who would want something that ugly?" It was all I could do to keep a straight face. Out if the mouths of babes...

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    6 years ago

Smart young lady.  Love it!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.3.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.3    6 years ago

Shave its head and it wouldn't look so bad.

I'd pay a dollar for it and give it to lady in black's dog

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
2  Transyferous Rex    6 years ago

I guess I saw the real commercial this weekend. I have to say that I thought that it was a spoof.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Transyferous Rex @2    6 years ago

I would have thought it was a spoof too.  

321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu
Sophomore Guide
2.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @2.1    6 years ago
I would have thought it was a spoof too.  

LOL

Nope it's a new reality. 

comfort bears and blanekies !

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @2.1.1    6 years ago

I think you're on to something there, Steve

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
2.2  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Transyferous Rex @2    6 years ago

I saw that commercial once.  My only observation was that the paws were too big.

Sophomore Guide
3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu     6 years ago

Trumpy Bear the new comfort puppy/blankie.

I doubt it takes the place of a cold beer, a stiff cocktail or even large juicy cheese burger though.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @3    6 years ago

Or a big fat joint.  

Sophomore Guide
3.1.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @3.1    6 years ago
Or a big fat joint.  ....

LOL True ya got me. I wasn't thinking objectively. I was kinda targeting the comforting to what seems to be comfort items for the more conservative style folks I know. LOL@myself that kinda shows my age, I'm of the generation when conservatives did not use Illegal marijuana ... or sure as hell didn't admit to it if they did. 

But I didn't figure many liberal people were into trumpy bears so I didn't include that segment this time. 

yep give me a fatty over a trumpy bear and I'll Smile Smile Smile !!!  

I do believe my dogs would prefer the stuffed bear to destroy though and that  might be enjoyable ta watch. 

But not @40 bucks a dog toy. 

lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    6 years ago

Tessy, may I copy your bear?

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4    6 years ago

Feel free dear lady.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @4.1    6 years ago

Thank-you. the next time a right winger whines, I'm going to offer them the Comfort Bear*

*h/t to 321steve

Tessylo
Professor Principal
4.1.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    6 years ago

Fantastic idea!!!!!!!!!

Sophomore Guide
4.1.3  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.1    6 years ago
the next time a right winger whines, I'm going to offer them the Comfort Bear*

They dont like it so please leave my ass out of it*. LOL
I already played that hand and NOPE they dont like it !! jrSmiley_90_smiley_image.gif   One bit.

LOL 

Other than that offer the trump bear/blankie away. Just  know most dont find it so comforting after all. 

lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @4.1.3    6 years ago

You gave it the name Comfort Bear. I just won't say who named it.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    6 years ago
I just won't say who named it.

Thanks 

Yeah as soon as I saw it I thought Good the other side has a comfort mascott just as funny as comfort puppys. 

A comfort bear and ofcourse a step up, this one comes complete with a comfort blankie attached. 

An American flag blankie no less. How patriotic and comforting.

lol

all for 40 bucks 

what a deal 

lol

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
4.1.6  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  Trout Giggles @4.1.4    6 years ago

In the deep south, it would be a Southern Compfort Bear.

Sophomore Guide
4.1.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @4.1.6    6 years ago

In the deep south, it would be a Southern Comfort Bear.

LOL.. I think I saw a add for that one, He comes with a pint of southern comfort stuffed in it's back, instead of the comfort blankie. Same price. 

lol

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5  lady in black    6 years ago

Maybe l'll wait until after Christmas when the price is drastically reduced and give it to my dog to tear it apart like he does to all stuffed animals I get him.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  lady in black @5    6 years ago

But then....who cleans up the mess?

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1    6 years ago

Me of course.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.2  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @5.1.1    6 years ago
Me of course.

Yep If you're like me it take me a few minuets to pick up a mess they enjoy making for much longer that it takes me to clean it up. So sometimes it's worth it. All long as they dont just start tearing up what ever they want when ever they want. Mine don't and I dont let it get started. They know my limits. He who holds the Gold makes the rules. LOL

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.3  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.2    6 years ago

Shadow does not chew on anything he's not supposed to, just his toys/stuffed animals.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @5.1.3    6 years ago
Shadow does not chew on anything he's not supposed to,

That's a good dog. Mine are the same. Sometimes I'll give them stuff like a paper towel all twisted up or some trash mail to destroy but they know unless I give it to them that stuff is not to be touched.

It occupies them for a while and I clean it up much quicker than they "play" with what I give em so WTH. 

I also from time to time give them an old sock with a knot tied in it so they know it's theirs. They also dont bother my own socks if I leave them laying around. They know what's mine and what's theirs.

The problem is if I bring in something with some one else's smell on it. I had one of my babies destroy a rent check I had agreed to drop off for a sick friend the day he went into a hospital. That wasn't fun. I figure it had to be because it wasn't my scent on the envelope... so the dog figured it wasnt mine, must be hers. Chomp Chomp !

lol

Other than that No problem they know what's theirs and what's mine real well.

PS: I currently live with 5 adult Chow Chow babies. Also good dogs.

250 lbs, 210 teeth, 90 claws and me. So, They get feed well and often. LOL 

And that's when I have no puppies ! LOL 

Maybe not a good choice for everyone. But, I Love my chows !  They are Great Dogs !   

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.5  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.4    6 years ago

They sound like fun, except for the check being destroyed.

Shadow is a Coton de Tulear all of 15lbs.  

40194973_2034477899904052_2673522351831777280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=9c4a17e4b95e4d243ad78c1ddfc6aaf4&oe=5C796A97

Sophomore Guide
5.1.6  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @5.1.5    6 years ago
Shadow is a Coton de Tulear all of 15lbs

What a cutie !! I had a mix breed long ago that looked similar only he was all black. He was a great dog, smart as a 10 year old human is seemed. 

He would try to talk to us. Hardly shedded and loved everyone.

Not so much the case for me now...lol

But, When I have puppies !!!     Love them little babies !!!     So fun !!

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.1.7  lady in black  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.6    6 years ago

They are so cute!

Coton's have hair not fur, they are non-shedding and hypo allergic.  

I live in Western New York (Buffalo, NY area) and had to go to State College Pennsylvania to buy him as there were no local breeders at the time I decided to get a dog.  I did a lot of research because I did not want to get a dog from a puppy mill and even took a trip (9 hours round trip) out there to check them out before I bought from them to make sure they were on the up and up and at the same time they were checking me out to see how I reacted to the dogs.  One stipulation was I had to get him fixed which I was going to do anyways.  They are a popular breed but they are not over bred. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.8  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  lady in black @5.1.7    6 years ago
I did a lot of research because I did not want to get a dog from a puppy mill

Boy I hear ya there. I also did a lot of research myself because not only did I want a good dog I intended on breeding the dogs I got. I looked for over two years before I found what I wanted. Full blood AKC Chow chows with papers from a good caring reputable breeder. When found, they ended up being half way across the nation....More $$$  Ouch...lol 

But, Worth it !!! 

Now I have people drive hundreds of miles to get my puppies. cause I insist on meeting every new puppies owner and getting my cash. I screen people well before they even make the trip and I've turned down people who wanted my babies for various reasons. Chows are not for everyone. Hell dogs aren't for everyone...lol 

And No "Gift puppies" ever leave here without their owners coming here and choosing which one they want. Christmas or not. You are not dropping one of my babies into someone's lap as a "Gift". No way !  

PS: I won't give them away either, But boy do I get the requests for both. 

Love my chows !! 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.9  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.8    6 years ago

I love yours and Lady's puppy stories. Sounds like you both have great dogs. Those Chow puppies are totes adors!

When we lived in base housing in Texas, our neighbors had a Chow. When they went on vacation, they would ask me, not Mr G, to look after their pooch. Apparently, she didn't like strange men but was fine with women.

After the kitties are gone and I retire, I would love another dog. I really want another miniature beagle. We had one for a short while before he was mauled by coyotes. He was the second best dog I ever had.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.9    6 years ago

Apparently, she didn't like strange men but was fine with women.

LOL That's a typical Chow.

When I have puppies to rehome my adults warm to the female visiting buyers much quicker than they do the male visitors.  

But once my dogs get used to most people they are fine with both men and women. Occasionally they will not like someone, both male or female usually there is a good reason,( these chows are a great judge of human charotor, Better than me sometimes even.) I listen to them, they know.

The puppies dont know any difference.  But my adults sure do and the buyers see it as well in how the adult dogs approach them. Each person is sized up and the dogs seem to know who is trustworthy and who isn't. They act accordingly. 

It can be kinda funny the smart guys are more leary of my adults at first, as I would be till they know me.

But Chow Chows seem to know the difference in people really quickly ...good or bad and it shows soon after they first meet people. At least the ones I had always were that way. And I've have chow chows most of my adult life., after 40 years of at least one in my home I trust my chows judgment of people quite a bit. They are usually right on when it comes to judging people. 

Love my chow babies !!

Sophomore Guide
5.1.11  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.9    6 years ago
Those Chow puppies are totes adors!
           Thanks, I agree !!!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.1.12  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.11    6 years ago

They look like teddy bears!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.13  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.12    6 years ago

Just too cute!! 

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
5.1.14  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  lady in black @5.1.5    6 years ago
Shadow is a Coton de Tulear all of 15lbs.  

Another cutie. 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.15  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.12    6 years ago

He is my comfort bear !!

lol 

Sophomore Guide
5.1.16  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.1.12    6 years ago

He's slightly larger now but still my comfort bear !!

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.17  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.15    6 years ago

I like that the parents get a voice in who gets their babies. haha

Seriously though, I wish more people were responsible like you are. The dog I have now someone had thrown out on the street as a puppy. Something had happened to one of her ears. It has a weird crease in it and falls over.

Before that any other animal I have had were from the pound. The last one was from a raided puppy mill, meth house. They had seized about 50 dogs and puppies. Poor thing is still very skittish.

I have no idea what either one is. The one from the street grew up to be about 90 pounds. Huge, my brother-in-law calls it Marmaduke. The one from the puppy mill is I think part Jack Russell. Small dog. I call them the odd couple.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1.18  Ender  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.16    6 years ago

Classic blue tongue.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.19  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @5.1.17    6 years ago
I call them the odd couple.

LOL I'll bet they are cute together. 

I had a run in and a real bad experience myself with a puppy mill puppy. I had let my guard down some and did not investigate a seller well enough. I got stuck with a 1150 dollar inbred non AKC papered Chow Chow that the bitch wrote NO REFUND on he shipping crate. I had her fixed, she has no puppies but she does have her place in my pack to this day.

O I was pissed. I had no proof though that the seller had misrepresented what she had, So I was screwed. Out 1150 bucks lots of vet bills and a lifetime of dog food costs ending up with a dog I wouldn't even breed.

Buyers beware !

Sophomore Guide
5.1.20  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @5.1.18    6 years ago
Classic blue tongue.

Yep and every puppy they have does as well. Good blood lines full AKC papered Chows. 

Good babies, I love em !!

Sophomore Guide
5.1.21  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @5.1.17    6 years ago
I like that the parents get a voice in who gets their babies

LOL well is their babies too. So.... 

and they seem to appreciate the dog food the puppies pay for too. Everyday like clock work... 6:00PM

lol 

Paula Bartholomew
Professor Participates
5.1.22  Paula Bartholomew  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.1.11    6 years ago

The first time I saw a Chow, I thought he had been licking the newspaper in his pen.

Sophomore Guide
5.1.23  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Paula Bartholomew @5.1.22    6 years ago
The first time I saw a Chow, I thought he had been licking the newspaper in his pen.

LOL That's funny. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  lady in black @5    6 years ago

I was thinking it would make a perfect doggy chew toy at a greatly reduced price of course.

I remember our dog used to tear the faces off of all my stuffed animals and rip out their guts.  Kind of scary.  

I imagine that's what he would want to do with with Trumpy bear.  LOL.  

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.2    6 years ago

I never had a dog that destroyed stuffed animals. I did have a dog that stold stuffed animals.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.2  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.1    6 years ago

That's so cute!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Tessylo @5.2.2    6 years ago

The neighbor actually came over one day to ask if I had seen her little sister's stuffed bunny, chicken, bear, whatever....

THAT one I hadn't seen....but I had seen so many others.....

Sophomore Guide
5.2.4  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.1    6 years ago
I never had a dog that destroyed stuffed animals.

My dogs are so cool, They dont touch MY stuff they will destroy anything I give then to play with though. O except tires. Tires last em a long time. LOL 

Sophomore Guide
5.2.5  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.2    6 years ago
our dog used to tear the faces off of all my stuffed animals and rip out their guts.  Kind of scary.  

Yeah I'd sleep lightly...lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.4    6 years ago

Penny was a good girl except for this theivery habit she had. I would find a new stuffed toy in the yard about every other week. I thought it was funny that the neighbors knew where to come look

Sophomore Guide
5.2.7  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.6    6 years ago
I thought it was funny that the neighbors knew where to come look

LOL .. Evidently they knew Penny as well. 

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.7    6 years ago

All the neighbors knew Penny....

Sophomore Guide
5.2.9  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Tessylo @5.2    6 years ago
our dog used to tear the faces off of all my stuffed animals and rip out their guts.  Kind of scary.   I imagine that's what he would want to do with with Trumpy bear.

I'm seeing a pay per view show in here somewhere. 

lol

Sophomore Guide
5.2.10  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.8    6 years ago
All the neighbors knew Penny.

Did Penny steal toys from them all ? 

lol

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
5.2.11  Trout Giggles  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.10    6 years ago

I think so. I could never identify where all the toys came from, tho

Sophomore Guide
5.2.12  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.11    6 years ago
I could never identify where all the toys came from, tho

If Penny was like my dogs she'd have said "Santa ofcourse" and smiled. jrSmiley_82_smiley_image.gif

lady in black
Professor Quiet
5.2.13  lady in black  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.1    6 years ago

He only plays with the ones I give him, I taught him the ones that are mine are off limits and it's worked for 3 years.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.14  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  Trout Giggles @5.2.6    6 years ago

I  think the stuffed animal thievery is adorable.  No harm done it seems. They knew where to look for them.  

Tessylo
Professor Principal
5.2.15  seeder  Tessylo  replied to  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu @5.2.9    6 years ago

Good one Steve!  Thor (that was our dogs name) versus Trumpybear.  No contest.

Ender
Professor Principal
6  Ender    6 years ago

I saw this. I swear, trump will exploit anything for a buck.

Sophomore Guide
6.1  321steve - realistically thinkin or Duu   replied to  Ender @6    6 years ago
I swear, trump will exploit anything

I agree, do not underestimate this man. 

Jasper2529
Professor Quiet
7  Jasper2529    6 years ago
November 13, 2018 Over the weekend, an utterly bizarre and downright comical TV commercial for a Donald Trump styled teddy bear hit the airwaves. The product in question? Trumpy Bear.

Leave it to Yahoo to publish false reporting. Trumpy Bear commercials have been on YouTube and TV since 2017. In an effort to ridicule Fox News, some have said that the commercials only run on Fox. However ...

In October 2017, the commercial began running on 10 TV networks, including Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel, according to the advertising and media news web site  Ad Age

What I find more amusing is that Trumpy Bear is getting mockery, but plush toys representing US presidents have been sold for over 100 years. A lot of people know about the very popular Teddy Bear, named after Theodore Roosevelt, but we also have Billy Possum which was named after William Howard Taft ...

Fun seed, Tessy!

Ender
Professor Principal
7.1  Ender  replied to  Jasper2529 @7    6 years ago

Yeah, I have seen the commercials before. I don't remember the channel though.

I didn't know it had a blanket inside. Maybe a different one? I don't remember.

One thing I noticed about Kimmel, he seems to take a lot of time off. One has to look and see if it is a new show or a re-run.